Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

Guess they should've put a little more thought into the title to prevent controversy. Not that the content isn't controversial itself, but...

Anyway, if they're going to bring it to Japan, they should remake it instead of just translating it, mainly because the art is a little...

2. Default

Okay, completed Lilly's route and somehow managed to get the Good End on my first try. Trying to get the Bad End on a separate but nearly identical (save for ONE choice) save gave me a real shock, seeing as I was this close to getting her Bad End. Oh come on, Lilly...I'd expect that from a strict taskmaster like Shizune, but you...?

Well, apart from that fact, Lilly's Good End was beautiful. Hisao's /* second heart attack */ was totally worth it.

In any case, assuming neither Emi nor Lilly have Neutral Ends, that's all endings achieved for Emi, Hanako and Lilly. Next up's Shizune; I've already got her well and truly caught within my grasp in an Act 1 save made earlier today to grab a few more Act 1 scenes, so I should be able to proceed on to Act 2 pretty quickly.

3. Default

There are neutral ends? I don't know how the choices actually work because I didn't go back and redo anything, but I didn't think it was hard to get the Good Ends on any of the paths. The choices were always like "Tell the truth" or "Change the subject." I guess Lilly's Good End did seem like it was going to end badly until the last minute, though.

4. Default

Yeah. I was so worried I got the bad end for Lilly for a while there. Finished her route last night, was another really good one. Still like Rin's route a little bit more but both were pretty good. Going to do Shizune next.

5. Default

Lilly's Bad End simply...well, ends at "Farewell" (i.e. Hanako and Hisao seeing Lilly and Akira off at the school gates). No extra text or anything. That's why it feels so Bad End-ish. Getting a perfect score in Lilly's books though (nothing less than perfect works), extends it into her Good End.

When I played through it and saw that scene, I was like "this feels like...oh pomegranate"...then the game's logo appears as a transitory...err...eyecatch(?) to continue the story. You know, the heart appearing, then disappearing.

By the way, I've heard that only two girls have Neutral Ends. One of them is Hanako, not sure who the other is. Basically, the Neutral End does not result in breaking up, but neither does it result in you getting romantically involved, more or less. For example, /* Hanako's Neutral End has her convinced that Hisao will never see her as any more than just a friend, and she takes it surprisingly well. */

6. Default

Can you guys do me a favor? Anything that is or could be considered as a major spoiler, could you please spoiler tag that? Thanks. I do check this thread from time to time.

7. Default

Uhh...am I doing fine? I've hover-spoilered everything that's too specific...

8. Default

Eh, actually, don't worry about it, haha. Never mind. I probably won't be browsing SP too much after today since school picks back up again anyways. I'll probably do a full review on Katawa Shoujo too, so I guess it's okay to know some spoilers ahead of time so I know which route to expect to be.. sh`itty. But yeah, thanks.

9. Default

None of the routes so far are horrible. Well, they spent 4~5 years on this, so it'll be a problem if it's bad. =.=

Haven't done Shizune and Rin's routes yet though...

10. Deluxe Refrigerator Male
    IGN: GlaciaIWolf
    Server: Broa
    Level: 146
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Forte
    Alliance: HighestLevel
    canada

I finished Emi's route and I feel a little unmotivated to restart from zero to go for different routes. It feels sort of weird to essentially go back in time and not have the same sort of interactions with some of the characters. I guess I kinda got a little bit too emotionally invested ^^". It also feels weird to see the protagonist essentially have a slightly different personality and outlook on life when going through a different route. I also feel bad because the responses following some of the choices makes me feel like a plantain towards some of the girls.

Maybe it's all because this is the first time I play one of these dating sims.

11. Default

I think any good form of media should stir your emotions at least a bit.

Saw this hilariously sad image. Thought I should share:
    Spoiler

12. Default

Im only like 2 hours into it so far. I have no idea if i have gotten to a "path" or whatever yet, i just know I am still helping with the festival.

I did find this hilarious though.

Spoiler

13. Default

If you end up doing the man picnic with Kenji, you're not on a route. If you're helping out someone with the festival in some way, you're on a route.

14. Default

Awesome. Also enjoyed the Lilly song being referenced in that video.

15. Deluxe Refrigerator Male
    IGN: GlaciaIWolf
    Server: Broa
    Level: 146
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Forte
    Alliance: HighestLevel
    canada

Default Re: Katawa Shoujo Release on Jan 4, 2012

Had no idea Ken Ashcorp was into anime and stuffs o_O

16. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Default Re: Katawa Shoujo Release on Jan 4, 2012

That awkward moment when you meet a girl at your school who has played this...Kinda almost makes me HAVE to play it :|

17. Default Re: Katawa Shoujo Release on Jan 4, 2012

Finished all the good storylines. Did a couple bad ones just to see where they'd lead. Got 95% and that's good enough for me. Very enjoyable game.