Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SOPA Act

1. Default

I'm so tired of this. Every six months and a new bill arises.

2. Default

The funny part is that the people trying to do it don't benefit from the advertisement value, it's just the distributors lol

3. Default

More like S'hitting On Private Activities.

4. Won't Be Coming Back Gay Male

IGN: Scofflaw
    Server: Cain
    Level: 70
    Job: Wrecking Ball
    Guild: Factory
    canada

I feel bad for America & I'm scared for Canada since Canada usually follows America like a sheep.

5. Default

Congressman 1:Well gentlemen! It is time to change America for the better!
    Congressman 2:Maybe we should strip Americans of everything that made them Americans!
    Congressman 3:But wait the Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights claims Americans have freedom and are free from government control.
    Congressman 1:JOHNSON ARE YOU HIGH AGAIN!? WE CAN'T LET AMERICANS BE AMERICANS! WE HAVE TO BE JUST LIKE THE COUNTRIES WE SUPPOSEDLY HATE.
    Congressman 3:But we aren't suppo-
    Congressman 2: QUICK WRITE THE BILL AND LETS BECOME A TOTALITARIANISM GOVERNMENT!
    Congressman 3:But what about Democracy..
    Congressman 1:WHAT DEMOCRACY!? PFTTTT YOU FUNNY JOHNSON.

And thus ths bill was written..

6. Default

The mention of Youtube reminded me of that Innertube thing from a long while back. Suddenly I miss when big-pocket people just tried to sue the pants off specific sites, rather than to push completely ridiculous bills.

7. Default

man pineapple america at this point
    i'm ashamed to be a citizen here :/

8. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

dunno if you guys have seen it, but counter-SOPA by megaupload:

9. Default

Go back to a much better time.

10. Default

The anti-SOPA part.
    I do not see it.
    All I see is a 4:13 commercial with a bunch of celebrities.

11. Default

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Benjamin Franklin

12. Default

We had a thread about that already. If you want to read the law yourself instead of reposting images of rants by paranoid misinformed idiots, by all means comment.

Otherwise, let's fearmonger about one law per thread, thanks.

I am worried about SOPA, but I think the fact that even the worst provisions are having amendments blocked in committee means there's actually a better chance of it being stopped on the floor. Last time a truly retarded bill got through the senate it took the full force of the president and sixty bribed/threatened/communist/or otherwise morally indisposed politicians working for weeks. As people have said though, this is a call your congressman situation, not a tweet incessantly like a tool situation.

13. Default

If you're referring to the Obamacare bill, that wasn't retarded. Especially not compared to this.
    That was a "good of the people" bill. This is a "good of the corporations which under Citizens United are now people" bill.

14. Default

This isn't a once in a lifetime attack on personal freedoms, copyright bills come up all the time courtesy of the RIAA/MPAA/Satan. It's always the same story: rewrite huge parts of existing fair use jurisprudence, build in huge criminal penalties for copyright infringement (which should be an entirely civil matter), do something that would throw a wrench into the Internet without understanding it.

15. Default

Excerpt from the Demand Progress e-mail that I just got.

16. Default

If this gets passed I wonder how international interactions with USA on the internet would change.

But anyways, all there is left is protest I guess.

17. Default

I was watching the stream for a large portion of this morning; the very few people against this bill are all pretty awesome. Someone on twitter apparently made a wallpaper of Senator Issa with a witty pun using his name and he replied back "this should go in a museum!". He's a pretty cool dude. Best moments of the entire 2 day session was when Issa said, "I'LL YIELD WHEN I'M FINISHED", and the time one of the others on opposition whose name slips my mind voted against an amendment he apparently particularly disagreed with, he screamed "NAY" 5x louder than everyone else. Senator Loforen, though she looks 700 years old, had some pretty good input too. Too bad they were all ignored; the entire thing was bought out from the start, one of the speakers actually SAID that outright and nobody even contested it.