View Poll Results: What will your main profession be?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warrior

4 11.43%
  • Guardian

3 8.57%
  • Thief

6 17.14%
  • Elementalist

5 14.29%
  • Necromancer

6 17.14%
  • Ranger

5 14.29%
  • Engineer

5 14.29%
  • Mesmer

1 2.86%
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2

1. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Guild Wars 2

So...with the 8th and final profession finally revealed, I figured it's time to to make this thread.

Official Website

The Main Fan-site, I believe.

So wait Corn, why should I play this WoW clone?

1) It's not a WoW clone.
    2-11)

I'm not sure what profession I should make. Probably a female (I'm a horny teenager alright) but I'm stuck between Shortbow/Sword and Pistol Thief and...Mesmer. I suppose it depends on the actual skills that a Mesmer uses. I'm definitely going to be human, I'm too fond of my race D=.

2. Default

Looks awesome dont think i can play it on my pomegranatety computer though

3. Default

played the thief class in maple, played the thief class in WoW, playing the thief class in GW2

4. Default

The art is definitely a big thing to me, I've loved the artstyle in the game thus far, and I'm really looking forward to exploring through what I expect to be beautiful areas.

Been looking forward to Guild Wars 2 for a while, can't wait for an open beta to play around with it.

5. Default

I'm going to make a Human Thief (not sure on the weapons yet). All classes seem really cool though. Can't wait. Let's just hope I have the time/money when it's released.

6. Default

This game seems a lot harder to get good at and understand then WoW.

7. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Closed beta begins tomorrow, apparently. VERY closed beta.

8. Default

I was never into the original Guild Wars. This game, however, looks pretty damn good. No auto-attack? Hell yeah, man. I hate MMOs that have auto-attack so much...

I'll definitely have to check this game out when I get a strong enough computer.

But anyway, as always, if I do ever get around to playing this, I'd be a warrior. I'm ALWAYS a sword wielder first in any game I play.

9. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Mesmers, Rangers, Guardians, and Thieves can all wield swords too.

10. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Default Re: Guild Wars 2

Hey guys they're inviting people to play the beta.

I wonder if my machine can handle it.

11. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Default Re: Guild Wars 2

@Unleashing Well, there's the link. I subscribed to them though, so yeah, that's how I got it.

By the way this post was just to tag you and contains virtually no substance otherwise.

12. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

Signed up. Wonder how long it will take them to reply with welcome/piss off.

13. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

I just signed up too, might as well I guess. I wonder what PC specs they are looking for though.

14. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

I suppose they would benefit most to have both high and low end users. Unless the computer is really old and outdated of course. No point in having testers that can't meet the minimum req.

15. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

I figured they might be looking for people with more lower specs too see the limits of the game. If you have high specs then running it shouldn’t be a problem so they might not want that as many of them in the beta. Oh well, just have to wait and see.

16. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

I did hear they develop the game for hardware that can't even be bought anymore. Anyways, considering there were some optimization issues with the press beta I think how many really low specs users get in depends on how much time they have (had) to work on the next build. I really do hope that Asura and Sylvari will be available too this time, as wel as a few missing trait lines (like the Thieves Acrobatics line).

17. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

Keith signed up for beta access. ^^