View Poll Results: What will your main profession be?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warrior

4 11.43%
  • Guardian

3 8.57%
  • Thief

6 17.14%
  • Elementalist

5 14.29%
  • Necromancer

6 17.14%
  • Ranger

5 14.29%
  • Engineer

5 14.29%
  • Mesmer

1 2.86%
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2

1. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

Definitely pre-purchasing. The only problem I have with the CE is the price. I can't afford something like that right now. The DD doesn't really have anything I want (an Elite Skill I probably won't use and a pet I don't care about, along with some stuff that seems to be one time use), so I'll just get the regular version.

2. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

I WANT THE MINI RYTLOCK. ( ¬‿¬) But I'm worried about when the game comes out since moving will make it annoying to pre-purchase.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crafting

I want to choose all the crafting, but I don't know what crafting I wanna do. Cook + Jeweller, ololol.

3. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

GW2 beta invites supposedly just sent out, so yeah. All my tears if real. つД`)・゚・。・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*・゚

Also, it's fun to pretend, too.
    Last edited by raizoo; 2012-03-17 at 03:43 AM. Reason: links (ノ `Д´)ノ ~┻━┻

4. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

Oh can't wait to find out.
    Also just heard there's a NDA on the beta.

5. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

I don't really care that I have to miss out on 1 or 2 beta weekends, considering I'll be getting into all of them once I pre-purchase the game. I'm happy for those that get in now (even though they're probably not allowed to talk about it).

6. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

Yeah, I read the FAQ when I signed up for a possible invite myself. There's a HUGE NDA. Don't expect any legit footage anytime soon.

I intend to pre-purchase myself, if I get a job I've been waiting on. Otherwise I might not have the money for it for a while, sadly.

7. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

NDAs seem so unprofessional, to me. I just feel like, if they are proud of their product, they would like to let people see it. Assuming they can churn out new content fast, it wouldn't matter if everyone saw the starter areas and "ruined" the surprise, since most people don't really care about those areas anyway.

8. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

I hate this NDA, a lot.
    Also, i feel it'd be a lot of extra commercial for their game if people were streaming it and such..

9. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

exactly!

10. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

I agree with you. It's one thing when it's an early Alpha stage or something like that, but at Beta you're mostly testing features. The worst people will see are bugs. Whoopee. Someone will know that most of the features of the game were all broken at some point during testing! Oh no!

But in Alpha, I understand. They might test an idea, feel it's not fit for the game they put it in, and move it to another game...however you don't want those kinds of ideas getting out before they need to be out, especially if the developers put a lot of time into it.

11. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

iirc the people who get into beta weekends through pre-purchase don't get the NDA. Hard to check on the mobile right nau. D:

12. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

That's possible, but pre-purchase won't begin until, I believe April. Then you have to wait for the next Beta Event, which could be another month depending on the results of the current one.

13. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

April 10 is pre-purchase. The first beta weekend event including pre-purchasers is scheduled to be late April and there is supposed to be one every month.

Edit:
    http://www.arena.net/blog/mike-obrie...n-guild-wars-2

Tempted to pre-purchase normal edition and spend the 20$ for other things. I'll be able to get the game as well as a decent mouse/pad set-up since I use my wacom tablet for everything right now, lol.
    Last edited by raizoo; 2012-03-20 at 10:28 PM.

14. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

I guess most people already know/have seen this video.
    But for people that haven't, this is worth a watch if you think you might be interested in GW2:

15. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Guild Wars 2

Preorder signups come out soon...!

Gonna put my build here so I don't forget it.

Back to 2 builds

Longbow Ranger
    http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#r;pSS...aaa;baXd;bTifb

Rifle Engineer
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...aaafb1blk7kdkh
    Last edited by Corn; 2012-06-17 at 04:46 PM.

16. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

My friend got me back into GW1...
    Am working on the GWAMM title atm, maybe i can get it sometime before or after GW2 is released :P

17. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

I'm tempted to try and do HoM stuff, but I think I'll just lazy. ;-;

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#e;pfk...Zaa;bYaa;ZTZYZ
    SO MANY THINGS I WANT TO DO AND TRY AND AHHHHHHHH.

18. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

I am following this as well in preparation for the GW2 rewards:

Spoiler

19. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Guild Wars 2

First of all, play through all 3 campaigns and EotN, and beat the final missions and all bonus objectives (3 'hero' statues + 3 'protector' statues). I would recommend starting in Nightfall for the Heroes and faster attribute points.

Welp. There goes that.

20. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

Why? I mean, it's not a chore.
    Playing GW1 is fun! :P