View Poll Results: What will your main profession be?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warrior

4 11.43%
  • Guardian

3 8.57%
  • Thief

6 17.14%
  • Elementalist

5 14.29%
  • Necromancer

6 17.14%
  • Ranger

5 14.29%
  • Engineer

5 14.29%
  • Mesmer

1 2.86%
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2

1. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

thanks . I'm downloading it right now and I made my account

2. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

When does the event actually start? I know it's today, but I can't find a time.

3. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Guild Wars 2

12:00 PST; 3:00 EST. So 3 hours from this post.

4. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

Didn't answer the poll because I have no idea what I'll end up maining, if any, and there's no "all of the above" or "I have no idea." I plan to try various different classes, probably starting with Mesmer or Elementalist this weekend. I'll be on Tarnished Coast because some other people I know are there. :)

Edit: Guess I should mention, I'm "the weakest link" if anyone feels like catching me in-game.
    Last edited by rassilon; 2012-07-21 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Add GW2 account name

5. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Oh excellent, you can log in now.

6. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

Cool, can't wait to check it out. Stuck at work for another hour and a half :/

7. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

If you guys want to add me, just add "Corn," as I managed to grab that ign on my of my alts, as I believe it adds the entire account. All of my 5 characters (first time I explored outside of the human race) are some variation of Corn - General Corn, Lord Corn, Korinne, Corniss, etc. etc...

8. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

my guy's name is Ovadose. asura thief

can you add people cross server?

9. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

You should be able to, yes.
    Once the full game is out there'll be a guest feature so you can play with friends in their world, only thing you can't do is WvW.

10. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

I'm playing a Charr Thief on Stormbluff. Tried Mesmer for about 3 levels and decided it wasn't that fun.

I dunno about GW2 as a long term game, but I'm definitely impressed by the opening levels enough to give it a try when it comes out. The Dynamic Event system makes questing a lot more fun, and the fully voice acted questing is definitely a plus.

11. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

I got 1 shot by the first boss in the asura starting area lol. I'm having trouble determining when the monsters are attacking and the dodge doesn't seem to have invincibility frames.

I had no idea what the fk was going on at first, but now that I can sort of visualize everything that's happening (aka what I'm supposed to do) it's way more fun.

12. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

Really now? That's awesome.

Got into this beta myself. Been playing a Sylvari Elementalist. Really liking how Elementalist was done, with the ability to switch between Affinities at will and essentially change up your moveset completely. Wasn't expecting that at all. Overall I'm liking the game, but some of the dynamic events are pretty bland. I had one that was just spawning one or two undead once in a while that ran straight into the group and died...but were invulnerable til they reached us (which I found kind of stupid). Was just sitting and waiting until they were killable.

Still, the Dynamic Events give you something to do at just about any time, which is awesome. Not sure how much of the Beta I'm actually going to play though considering everything will just get wiped in a few days anyway. Looking forward to the release.

13. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

You're supposed to get one shot by the boss in the beginning. The tutorial is a bit of a mess in terms of frames and stuff.

14. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

Oh, my ign is Fenes Moonclaw (Stormbluff). Add me please.

15. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

Fun game, really like the Asura voice actors. Originally planning on playing Elementalist like I always do in these games, but I think I'll main a Guardian instead. The hammer punt (skill 4) is too fun.

16. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

I wanted to play thief, but I'm not really liking it too much. The shadowstep forward and backward is kind of annoying. The hunter was going to be my 2nd choice, but you have to command your pet to attack every time you switch targets.

edit - but holy crap engi is awesome!

Check this place out. It's the inside of a big ass cube.
    map picture and actual picture

Protip - Jumping off the cube kills you. I know this from experience
    Last edited by DrRusty; 2012-07-21 at 11:14 AM.

17. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

I'm still saving the Asura/Engineer for when the game is officially released, but I tried out Sylvari today. They're actually pretty cool and their hometown/area is beautiful. I love the additions of the Vistas, cause it makes exploring all the better. For my Sylvari, I tried out Elementalist and I'm finding that I REALLY like it. I love the ability to switch between elements for completely different movesets for whatever situation.

If anyone wants to know, I'm on Borlis Pass, and my Sylvari's name is: Craterellos.

18. Default Re: Guild Wars 2

absolutely loving this game atm. The characters, the combat (engi holy crap!!), the story, the scenery, everything is wonderful.

also, Elixir B is spectacular