Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Don't these things already happen on a fairly regular basis in this country already?

2. Default

Yeah but these essentially make it legal, none the less, now that I've actually had time to actually read it, even if obama allowed it, the supreme court wouldn't, it's just flat out unconstitutional, a good example would be obama care.

3. Default

Didn't the Supreme Court say that Obamacare WAS in fact constitutional?
    Oh did they just refuse to hear the case?

4. Default

I thought they declared it unconstitutional then refused the appeal or something?

5. Default

A federal court found it unconstitutional and then the supreme court refused to hear the appeal.

6. Default

No, you're pretty much on the money. Section 1031 is a broader section than 1032, thus US citizens can be detained under section 1031 but not within the borders of the US. Nothing in 1032 is allowed to permit the detainment of American citizens at all. There is no threat in this bill of American citizens being police-stated on American soil. It basically only affects American citizens if they are detained abroad and they fit the concerned persons definitions in 1031. Even that could still be struck down by the courts, although I'd argue that it shouldn't be struck down.

Several federal district courts have rendered judgement on Obamacare, some struck down the individual mandate some upheld it. The Supreme Court WILL hear the case before the 2012 elections.

7. Default

The USA's relationship with The Hague has never been better.

8. Event Coordinator Straight Female
    IGN: TaliaNCo
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 193
    Job: Arch Mage (i/l)
    Guild: Animus
    usa

Well, the president signed it and made it law on 12/31/11. Screwed!

9. Default

With a signing statement..

10. Default

Oh boy 2012 is going to be a hell of a year.