Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Impractical for decent damage output on a group of enemies*
    Maybe what you've suggested is what they're aiming towards though, seeing as Steal's max level was reduced, and it otherwise just sat there being LolSteal.
    But then we're still left with a gap between Boomerang Steps in 4th job. BoT made an excellent group-attack filler, and Steal just doesn't have that kind of drive behind it to do much beyond 3rd job.

2. Default

Animations don't look bad, sound placement has been out since evans speed went up on many skills. Hardly anyone plays with sound anyway. If people are really griping about sound on a skill now then they're just reaching.

3. Default

Really? Sound is important. It's very important. I know plenty of people who play with their sounds on because it can easily enhance gameplay.

The main 1v1 punching skill's animation isn't bad, but the other ones are absolutely terrible (Dragon Strike obviously excluded, since it's the exact same pomegranate).

4. Default

Fuse Dragon Strike and Kamehameha to make Dragon Fist explosion?

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

The only thing I really approved of is the fact Energy Charge indeed only needs two hits to activate. Everything else I'm all: Oh god, WHY?! T_T

6. Default

Steal is a garbage skill that's used to level from 30 to 70. If you want to hit a lot of monsters, you use Edge Carnival to get coins and then you use those coins to use Meso Explosion.

Assassinate generates Assassinate Points when you kill a monster. You can get up to five. Edge Carnival, Meso Explosion, Shadow Instinct, and Boomerang Step all spend Assassinate points to do more damage, or in the case of Shadow Instinct, to add more weapon Attack. Assassinate Points are worthless right now.

7. Neutron Male
    IGN: Kill/Nozomi
    Server: Bellocan
    Job: Hayato/Shadower
    Guild: Random
    Alliance: Random
    Farm: Never going to touch this
    New_York

I don't know I never used assaulter for anything other than getting a cliff or area faster that i couldn't normally reach. I rarely used assaulter for stun or even attacking. The new assaulter has some invincibility frames so you should not be hit if you would use boomerang step right after it.

8. Default

So only assassinate gives the points, which makes sense, but it's only on the kill? Do you have any control over whether or not the points are used to boost the attacks or not? Cus if you gotta land 5 assassinate kills back to back with nothing in between besides a rush or something, I don't see myself using a fully boosted shadow instinct often (ever).

9. Default

Nope, they're used the instant they can be!

10. Default

Boy! These assassinate points are well thought out and extremely useful! This is gonna work wonders when I'm grinding at skelegons F300000

11. Default

I like energy better now though T_T. Sure its big and obnoxious and would work better with super xform but I think it looks better. The bubble just reminded me of this:

12. Default

Consider this: At monster park, or the likes, it just takes a bit of coordination to get the killing blow, or even telling your party about it. As for bosses... They have summons. In fact, considering that the boss' summons are actually useful by a lot for shadowers can be quite interesting. All those zakum summons going on top? I can already think of shadowers farming them for orbs.

13. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Its usefull for getting off of things that are on you. Rushing mobs can piss your party members off

14. Won't Be Coming Back Male

IGN: Biades4hire
    Server: Windia
    Level: 19x
    Job: Dual Blade

The delay for assassinate is quite large.
    Not to mention that you have to stop attacking, go up, and try to hit a mob.
    I'm not sure that it would be beneficial to dps at all, but I might be wrong, depending on how much these orbs actually boost your damage.
    @above FOR THE LAST PINEAPPLING TIME, Assasinate=/=Assaulter

15. Default

These scenarios work, but this is all pretty friggin slow. If you ever happen to be doing anything solo you're going to have to stop attacking with ME or BS and start picking off weakened enemies 1 by 1 for 5 times. And most summons on bosses past ht are kind of tough, so then instead of focusing on the boss I have to weaken, group, and then assassinate 5 of them to maximize dark instinct. That part makes me miss chakra even more. And even if I'm in a party i could time it perfectly but it still seems like time wasted for me to have to pop off 5 assassinates in a row just to cast a buff. I really don't like the concept at all, but I think what pushes it over the edge completely for me is that it has to be on the kill, and there's no way to stockpile them and not use any skill in between.

EDIT: AND SO HELP ME GOD IF DARK INSTINCT CAN GET DISPELLED

16. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: shakar96
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 105
    Job: Thunder Breaker
    usa

17. Default

Inb4 Thief Hero's weapons.
    That'd be real odd though.
    And awesome.

18. Won't Be Coming Back Male

IGN: Biades4hire
    Server: Windia
    Level: 19x
    Job: Dual Blade

You can use other skills between the assassinates without losing orbs.
    I'd assume that after you collect 5 orbs, the next skill used gains the power up effect.

19. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: shakar96
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 105
    Job: Thunder Breaker
    usa

I was actually thinking, Gateway to the Future revamp?
    Then those weapons would be obtainable from quests and such.

20. Default

Nate has a 5 second delay or so IIRC - by the time you use that on a bunch of summons to power up orbs for a hit on a boss, you'll have wasted heaps of time. That delay has to go, regardless of whether or not they keep/change/remove the orb system.