Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

1. Default

Aw at mages ultimate nerfed to uselessness again T~T

(GMS 1x1700
    kmst 2x1800
    now 2x900)

2. Default

Well, it's a buff after all. And not only that, if you reached the cap before, you won't now, unless you are like too funded. And if you are, it's x2 damage anyway.

3. Default

Buffing mage ultimates is similar to buffing big bang.
    *pointless when there's little to no use for them*

Those two skills should have been removed/replaced or revamped awhile ago during jump... =/

4. Default

It's different than big bang because big bang is situationally good (when jumping off a platform). Ultimates are never better than CL/paralyze spam. If they were, you'd have another cooldown to watch so richer gameplay.

5. Default

Someone should tell fiel that enrage is 60% now. 3rd time ive seen this post.
    and DAM heros are gonna be like the number 1 dpm at bosses until theif revamp. Because we all know NLs are gonna pomegranate on everyone's faces

6. Default

At last minute they apparently went "Oh pomegranate, Paladins still suck! Let's fix it!" and ended up doing more harm than good. Woooow. I hope that they do something about this soon because this is terrible. It's like a giant middle finger to Paladins.

About the damage thing: No, being the weakest normally isnt a reason to quit a class, however when no one will take you into a group because all you are is a CO Mule, then there's really no point in playing, when CO can easily be outmatched by having someone else instead of you completely. Hmm...weakest guy giving us tiny 2-5% boosts in our damage, or a Bowmaster/Mercedes who do millions a second. It's really not a hard choice. When you can't get a group, and that's all the end game stuff is, then what's the point of being that class? Nexon needs to learn what the pineapple balance is, because ever since this JUMP revamp stuff, this game has not been even CLOSE to balanced, and it gets even worse every patch (Not trying to say the game was balanced before, but lol at the Mage + Archer revamps in JUMP comparison to Warrior, it's like a fat joke).

7. Default

This is so pineappleing true. For warriors (paladins) it was just a damage boost... thats it. In my opionion I think that Mages should be the base line of balance. They need an actual revamp that has the though process of, this skill needs to be stronger than this skill by 1.2 or some other ratio. And from there go on the description of the classes and work from there. And if a class ends up with less signfinically less dpm in a trade off for something else. ex: damage for suriviablity. Then they should have a party skill that is UNIQUE and BENEFICIALLY to the party. (paladins and a party defence buff even though threaten is one. A monster debuff is not the same as a party buff)

And they always have the middle finger to the paladins. I mean look at how many endish game (170+) elemental weak monsters there are?

8. Default

For ascension, I decided to skip big bang with 0 sp and have yet to find a situation where it would be needed.

Blizz is still good for fun at 1 sp similar to thunder spear.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

You wanna talk about useless? Talk about buffing Sanc's damage from 1400% -> 1700%, when it already does a fixed 999,999 damage.

10. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Are you insane? The ultimates are the Mages Signature. The first class with an Ultimate of this kind.

I will never forget Nexon if they choose to remove my ultimates. This buff I actually like it.

And besides, the DoT they provide and the "FINISH IT" they give while training are good enough for me and most mages out there any day.

What Nexon really needs to do is get rid of Big Bang. Needing to charge the skill makes it useless anyway, and after all is just one more attack. We have many of those.

Leave ultimates alone. We need to get rid of seal and Big Bang, or make friggin Seal a passive skill. (Lucky Paladins.)

And I think Nexon is sure to make something about Paladins, every version of MS has "expressed" their concern regarding the loladins, so I guess it's a matter of time.

Spoiler

11. Default

It is currently going toward that direction, because developers see it as an easy money maker.
    If someone works hard on developing new game changing concepts and realizes that barely anyone appreciates it, why should they continue to do so?
    Why not just satisfy what the customer wants? Since so many people believe that "beef damage" is a necessity to this game, why not just cater to that?

In the past, events (such as the giant snowman with the claw one and those jump quests) required some kind of timing skill or barely involved damage. People actually did the events for fun, because it provided something new, regardless of rewards.
    Nowadays, the events are freaking repetitive and simple, and they have these power-satisfying rewards. Log-on every day for this and that, as opposed to just playing for the fun of it.
    Last edited by DragonsMirth; 2011-11-19 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Emphasize on "freaking"

12. Default

ALL MOBS RESISTANT TO ALL ELEMENTS.

except for that one boss that nobody kills because it drops nothing and gives next to no exp.@@@

13. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

don't make me cut you, dragon knights were ultimating YEARS BEFORE.

14. Default

Reminds me of the 6% DoT added to flame wheel. =/

I don't need blizz for DoT when there's gc and ice demon (used due to gc's longer cooldown with lag).

Also, I forgot about seal.

All of these skill problems suggest that more revamps are coming but who wants to keep waiting 5+ months
    each time kms announces an update?...

15. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

I wish JQs required skill :(
    They're pathetically easy nowadays as you only need to know the pattern of the objects to figure out when to jump and whatnot.

16. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Dragon Roar(?) had nothing against the first mages ultimates. And I was speaking of Mages kind of ultimate.

Dragon Roar in my eyes is quite different from Mages ultimates.

Mages ultimate is 4th job, does more damage, has greater range (not sure) and the cooldown is of 20-30seconds compared to dragon roar 10 second.

By other ultimates I was speaking of Wild Hunters wanna-be mage ultimate, or mechanics. Or any other new class for that matter.

@Abysseon: Blizz can hit several platforms, and in any way it's a finisher. A Maple Story mage without an ultimate would be off/weird.

17. Donator Straight Male
    panama

you said the first of it's kind , so i assummed you meant first full-screen attack, and i thought you meant when 4th job came, that's why i said dragon knights had an ultimate long before that.

18. Default

when 4th job came mage's ultimate had no cooldown just like dragon roar....the only difference these 2 had were damage differences since 1 was in 3rd and the others were in 4th. technically dragon roar = first ultimate

19. Donator Straight Male
    panama

exactly what i meant, when roar was made, there was no 4th job, when 4th job came damage got amped up, and the original ultimate couldn't really compete with, as you said, 4th job skills. it's a weak ultimate, but because it's the first ultimate.