Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Default Pirate %/s (KMS RED and GMS Unleashed)

Current Version: KMS 1.2.202

Adjusted Mastery: A factor added to DPS to consider the fact that different classes may have different mastery values; it effectively weighs the average damage from minimum and maximum range, thus is lower than standard %/s. A character with more mastery will have an Adjusted Mastery DPS closer to its absolute DPS.
    Adjusted Mastery is always included in a character's %/s.
    How to use:
    Calculate your raw damage range and multiply with %/s. i.e. (4 * Mainstat + Secondarystat) * TotalWeaponAttack / 100 * %/s
    Do not use your in-game damage range. That is wrong for the majority of characters since it includes total damage.
    Divide out elemental resistance yourself (Hint: Divide by 2)

Boss: The %/s with the listed % Additional Boss Damage.

Hits/s, Max/s: Hits/Max damage per second based on the current attack setup, not necessarily the optimal hits/max per second possible, especially due to buffing. Any line of damage is considered a hit, even if it cannot reach the damage cap. Max/s is the maximum potential damage per second available. A skill such as Shadow Partner only deals a fraction of the damage cap as its maximum. Damage over time and summons deal their base damage assuming a range cap.

All buffs are assumed to be used unless they don't provide any useful bonus (namely, +Accuracy buffs)

Defense Ignore is using the post-Unlimited Formula.
    Buccaneer:
    Spoiler
    Sharp Eyes
    Hyper

Corsair:
    Spoiler
    Hyper

Cannon Shooter:
    Spoiler
    Sharp Eyes
    Hyper

Thunder Breaker:
    Thunder Clap + Shark Kick
    Sharp Eyes
    Ascend + Thunder
    Sharp Eyes
    No Typhoon Spam
    Sharp Eyes
    Hyper

Mechanic:
    Spoiler
    Sharp Eyes
    Hyper

Angelic Burster:
    Trinity & Primal Roar
    Soul Seeker
    Hyper

Buccaneer: Fist Enrage on single targets. Dragon Strike on multiple targets.
    Hyper: Uses Unity of Power, Stimulate. Uses Dragon Strike to charge Energy, Double Blast when charged. Fist Enrage - Reinforce, Fist Enrage - Boss Killer, Fist Enrage - Bonus Attack, Double Lucky Dice - Enhanced, Double Lucky Dice - One More Chance. Uses Energy Blast - Reinforce, Energy Blast - Bonus Attack, Energy Blast - Extra Target instead of Fist Enrage for 2+ targets.

Corsair: Uses Continual Aiming once. I can't assume when a monster dispels. Rapid Fire on single target. Fusillade on multiple targets. Summons Octopus Quarterdeck when it runs out. Uses Assemble Crew whenever it is available, summoning two random crew members. Separate Table for Headshot and Battleship Bomber.
    Hyper: Uses Big Fat Boy, Rapid Fire - Reinforce, Rapid Fire - Boss Killer, Double Lucky Dice - Enhanced, Double Lucky Dice - One More Chance. Uses Headshot - Reinforce, Headshot - Cooltime Reduce, Headshot - Bonus Attack instead of Rapid Fire in its own table.

Cannon Shooter: Summons Magnetic Anchor and Twin Monkey Support whenever they run out. Uses Cannon Buster on single target. Uses Cannon Bazooka on multitargets. Uses Monkey Furious for its DoT and bonus damage effect. Assumes it hits every target.
    Hyper: Uses Rolling Cannon Rainbow, Buckshot, and Cannon Barrage - Reinforce, Cannon Barrage - Bonus Attack, Cannon Barrage - Critical Rate, Cannon Bazooka - Reinforce, Cannon Bazooka - Bonus Attack, Monkey Militia - Enhanced, and the 9 and 10 Targets uses Cannon Bazooka - Extra Target. You can only have 5 Hyper skills, so if you want to hit that 9/10, you'll need to drop something else.

Thunder Breaker: Uses Thunderclap and Shark Kick on all targets. If Lightning Buff reaches 3+ stacks, Annihilate is used instead of Shark Kick for single target. Typhoon is used whenever its cooldown is up and 5 stacks are available. Separate table for Ascend + Thunder, both at level 17 since they cannot be maxed.
    Hyper: Uses God of the Sea, Heaven and Earth, and Gale - Reinforce, Gale - Bonus Attack, Gale - Extra Target, Thunderclap - Reinforce, Thunderclap - Bonus Attack. Annihilate is not used for Hypers at all, because the only skills used are Typhoon + Thunderclap/(Ascend + Thunder).
    Hyper: No Typhoon Spam uses Annihilate - Reinforce, Annihilate - Ignore Guard, and Annihilate - Boss Killer instead of the Gale Hyper Skills. No Typhoon Spam only uses Typhoon for its buff, and will otherwise use Thunderclap + Annihilate (3+ hits), or Thunderclap + Shark Kick for damage.

Mechanic: Mech Siege Mode for single target, Laser for multi. Summons Rock n Shock, Bots n Tots, Amplifier Robot.
    Hyper: Uses Distortion Field, Laser Blast - Reinforce, Laser Blast - Bonus Attack, Rock N Shock - Reinforce, Rock N Shock - Cooltime Reduce, Amplifier Robot - Party Reinforce, and 9/10 uses Laser Blast - Extra Target, but includes every other Hyper Skill. Rock N Shock - Reinforce appears to be the least significant bonus of the 5, adding about 200%/s for 10 targets.

Angelic Buster: Trinity table uses no Soul Seeker. If Trinity becomes uncharged, Primal Roar is used to attempt a recharge. If that fails, Bubble Star is used. For Primal Roar, Bubble Star is attempted first, and then Land Crash is. Soul Seeker for single target uses the first hit of Trinity to recharge and uses Primal Roar then Bubble Star. Trinity tables use Soul Resonance and Finitura Fettuccia, and Soul Contract when possible, but Soul Seeker table does not use Soul Resonance.
    Hyper: Uses Super Nova, Final Contract
    Trinity: Finitura Fettucia - Reinforce, Finitura Fettucia - Cooltime Reduce, Soul Resonance - Reinforce, Soul Resonance - Add Time, Soul Resonance - Cooltime Reduce
    Soul Seeker: Soul Seeker - Reinforce, Soul Seeker - Make Up, Soul Seeker - Recharge, Finitura Fettucia - Reinforce, Finitura Fettucia - Cooltime Reduce. Soul Resonance is detrimental to Soul Seeker's %/s and max/s so it is not included in that table.
    Last edited by JoeTang; 2013-11-12 at 05:00 PM.

2. Default Re: Pirate %/s (Hyper Corsair, Buccaneer, Cannon Shooter, Mechanic, and Angelic Buste

Current Version: GMS v142

Adjusted Mastery: A factor added to DPS to consider the fact that different classes may have different mastery values; it effectively weighs the average damage from minimum and maximum range, thus is lower than standard %/s. A character with more mastery will have an Adjusted Mastery DPS closer to its absolute DPS.
    Adjusted Mastery is always included in a character's %/s.
    How to use:
    Calculate your raw damage range and multiply with %/s. i.e. (4 * Mainstat + Secondarystat) * TotalWeaponAttack / 100 * %/s
    Do not use your in-game damage range. That is wrong for the majority of characters since it includes total damage.
    Divide out elemental resistance yourself (Hint: Divide by 2)

Boss: The %/s with the listed % Additional Boss Damage.

Hits/s, Max/s: Hits/Max damage per second based on the current attack setup, not necessarily the optimal hits/max per second possible, especially due to buffing. Any line of damage is considered a hit, even if it cannot reach the damage cap. Max/s is the maximum potential damage per second available. A skill such as Shadow Partner only deals a fraction of the damage cap as its maximum. Damage over time and summons deal their base damage assuming a range cap.

All buffs are assumed to be used unless they don't provide any useful bonus (namely, +Accuracy buffs)

Defense Ignore is using the post-Unlimited Formula.
    Buccaneer:
    Spoiler
    Sharp Eyes
    Hyper

Corsair:
    Spoiler
    Sharp Eyes
    Hyper

Cannon Shooter:
    Spoiler
    Sharp Eyes
    Hyper

Thunder Breaker:
    Thunder Clap + Shark Kick
    Sharp Eyes
    Ascend + Thunder
    Sharp Eyes
    No Typhoon Spam
    Sharp Eyes
    Hyper

Mechanic:
    Spoiler
    Sharp Eyes
    Hyper

Angelic Burster:
    Trinity & Primal Roar
    Soul Seeker
    Hyper

Dragon Warrior:Jett
    Spoiler
    Sharp Eyes

Buccaneer: Fist Enrage on single targets. Dragon Strike on multiple targets. Energy Blast if Energy Charge is active on multiple targets.
    Hyper: Uses Unity of Power, Stimulate, Fist Enrage - Reinforce, Fist Enrage - Boss Killer, Fist Enrage - Bonus Attack, Energy Blast - Reinforce, Energy Blast - Bonus Attack

Corsair: Uses Continual Aiming once. I can't assume when a monster dispels. Rapid Fire on single target. Fusillade on multiple targets. Summons Octopus Quarterdeck when it runs out. Uses Assemble Crew to try to get Jack at all times.
    Hyper: Uses Big Fat Boy, Rapid Fire - Reinforce, Rapid Fire - Boss Killer, Fusillade - Reinforce, Fusillade - Extra Target, Fusillade - Bonus Attack

Cannon Shooter: Summons Magnetic Anchor and Twin Monkey Support whenever they run out. Uses Cannon Buster on single target. Uses Cannon Bazooka on multitargets, and Monkey Power Bomb whenever it's available.
    Hyper: Uses Rolling Cannon Rainbow, Buckshot, and Cannon Barrage - Reinforce, Cannon Barrage - Critical Rate, Cannon Bazooka - Reinforce, Cannon Bazooka - Bonus Attack, Monkey Militia - Enhanced, and the 9 and 10 Targets uses Cannon Bazooka - Extra Target. You can only have 5 Hyper skills, so if you want to hit that 9/10, you'll need to drop something else. *Due to the damage line cap, Cannon Barrage - Bonus Attack is not used.

Thunder Breaker: Uses Thunderclap and Shark Kick on all targets. If Lightning Buff reaches 3+ stacks, Annihilate is used instead of Shark Kick for single target. Typhoon is used whenever its cooldown is up and 5 stacks are available. Separate table for Ascend + Thunder, both at level 17 since they cannot be maxed.
    Hyper: Uses God of the Sea, Heaven and Earth, and Gale - Reinforce, Gale - Bonus Attack, Gale - Extra Target, Thunderclap - Reinforce, Thunderclap - Bonus Attack. Annihilate is not used for Hypers at all, because the only skills used are Typhoon + Thunderclap/(Ascend + Thunder).
    Hyper: No Typhoon Spam uses Annihilate - Reinforce, Annihilate - Ignore Guard, and Annihilate - Boss Killer instead of the Gale Hyper Skills. No Typhoon Spam only uses Typhoon for its buff, and will otherwise use Thunderclap + Annihilate (3+ hits), or Thunderclap + Shark Kick for damage.

Mechanic: Mech Siege Mode for single target, Laser for multi. Summons Rock n Shock, Bots n Tots, Amplifier Robot.
    Hyper: Uses Distortion Field, Laser Blast - Reinforce, Laser Blast - Bonus Attack, Rock N Shock - Reinforce, Rock N Shock - Cooltime Reduce, Amplifier Robot - Party Reinforce, and 9/10 uses Laser Blast - Extra Target, but includes every other Hyper Skill. Rock N Shock - Reinforce appears to be the least significant bonus of the 5, adding about 200%/s for 10 targets.

Angelic Buster: Trinity table uses no Soul Seeker. If Trinity becomes uncharged, Primal Roar is used to attempt a recharge. If that fails, Bubble Star is used. For Primal Roar, Bubble Star is attempted first, and then Land Crash is. Soul Seeker for single target uses the first hit of Trinity to recharge and uses Primal Roar then Bubble Star. Trinity tables use Soul Resonance and Finitura Fettuccia, and Soul Contract when possible, but Soul Seeker table does not use Soul Resonance.
    Hyper: Uses Super Nova, Final Contract
    Trinity: Finitura Fettucia - Reinforce, Finitura Fettucia - Cooltime Reduce, Soul Resonance - Reinforce, Soul Resonance - Add Time, Soul Resonance - Cooltime Reduce
    Soul Seeker: Soul Seeker - Reinforce, Soul Seeker - Make Up, Soul Seeker - Recharge, Finitura Fettucia - Reinforce, Finitura Fettucia - Cooltime Reduce. Soul Resonance is detrimental to Soul Seeker's %/s and max/s so it is not included in that table.
    Last edited by JoeTang; 2013-11-12 at 05:00 PM.

3. Default

While this has been known since their birth, looking at the numbers is still staggering...

4. Default

So true. I literally lol'd when I saw < 1,000%/sec on 70% PDR. Even if Demolition took half the time and did 15 hits, we'd still be below Mercedes on 1v1 against 40% & 70% PDR. Or for a closer comparison, it's just 2/3 as strong as a paladin, but without (most of) the defensive capabilities.

/Holding out for another month before completely writing my Bucc off...

5. Default

Lol yeah i was like wow...less than 1000%/sec. But i find buccs really fun to play as if your killing normal mobs. and can kill in a decent number of hits.

6. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Can you redo all calculations for classes with pirate's revenge with the inclusion of the use of russellon's potions which makes it's effects active 100% of the time? I want to know how big the %/s jump is.

Also, orb is way better than dragon strike/blast on the lower end of the mob numbers.

7. Default

But there still is the 5sec of no chance of activation from revenge. And its a 50% activate rate.

But Joe is there any reason u use energy blast instead of Energy orb?

8. GLADIGATORS
    usa

5 seconds of no revenge and then instant activation vs one hit every 10 seconds at all times at 50% activation.

1 hit every 10 seconds is hilariously long and revenge is a significant buff.

Oh yeah, barrage+orb > barrage+blast. Barrage+DS > pure barrage. No wonder the numbers seem so low.

9. Default

Oh yeah. forgot that Joe did 1 hit every 10seconds. yeah that's kinda long. when my bucc friend is bossing and revenge times out. He just demos and sits on the boss.

10. Default

EDIT 1: DERP. I didn't read. He actually did do "one hit every 10 sec".

EDIT 2: Now with the correct math.

First of all, it's a 40% activation rate, not 50%.

Getting "one hit every 10 sec" means an average expected activation time of 25 sec. So you get +15% damage for 45 sec out of every 75 sec. Average boost: +9.00%, or x1.09

Using russellon's potion for "instant activation" means you get hit once per second, for an expected activation time of 2.5 sec. So you get +15% damage for 45 sec out of every 52.5. Average boost: +12.86%, or x1.1286.

So using russellon's potions should boost your damage by roughly 1.1286 / 1.09 = 1.1180 = +11.80% more damage.
    Last edited by ElderTree; 2011-11-15 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Derp

11. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Why is wave used when available off a critical at all? Are you implying it's stronger on any number of targets vs bazooka? Because otherwise it wouldn't have the position of "point dumpster" like it does now.

@ above: Cool. 11% is significant enough for there not to be any reason for a pirate not to have russellon potions, assuming they get hit once every 10 seconds. So it's probably closer to 8%ish since not getting hit every 10 seconds is really only possible for a bucc to do rather than a corsair. Even with +2 invincibility it's hard to not get hit every 10 seconds. And i said 50% because he did. Couldn't remember if it was actually 50%. :/

12. Default

I have no idea if the "instant use" of wave forces it to critical or not, but even if it follows the normal crit rate like any other skill, it still seems to be marginally stronger than bazooka.

Using the delays at Fast (5):
    Wave: 1000% * (1000/1020) = 980% / sec
    Bazooka: 650% * 2 * (1000/1350) = 963% / sec

I'd imagine in practice most people would rather just spam bazooka than to switch between them for +1.77% more damage. Especially if they're hindered by the damage cap.

13. GLADIGATORS
    usa

You can keep the instant use for whenever your mind is tickled by the desire to use it.

It might be stronger but the limitations of wave are still too much for it to be considered for use over zooka. You can't jump cast it. It hits damage cap much easier. It's range is pitiful in comparison. I guess it criticals half as much too, but crits suck so whatever.

14. Default

Have you already done test numbers for Mechs? I'm really interested to see the comparison of Mech to Sair. (since i have both)

15. Default

No, I haven't included Mechanics. I still haven't checked on how to exactly calculate their DPS.

I'll add 100% Pirate's Revenge later. It's not that significant.

Energy Orb is worse damage in every scenario. I was under the impression that they removed the long spam delays from Dragon Strike and Barrage, but given what you guys are stating about Barrage + DS > Barrage etc. it means the numbers I have are way too high for Buccaneers.

I used Monkey Wave because it was an improvement on %/s, regardless of how (insignificantly) small it was. It actually doesn't matter. I use it every now and then in training because it's a faster skill than Bazooka, despite doing less damage in a single hit because I don't always need the damage to kill something.

16. GLADIGATORS
    usa

The only skill you're accounting for that has a spam delay is barrage, and said delays are the same as in the really old delay thread. That's why we said barrage+DS>barrage. Because you have to use DS/orb to fill the gap. Every other skill is spammable.

I've done time tests on my character multiple times and on 1v1 (barrage+orb vs barrage+DS), 2 targets (orb vs DS), and 3 targets, orb had a significantly lower time than dragon strike, so there's no way orb can be worse %/s wise.

All the arguments i made for wave don't actually mean s'hit for DPS so yeah, that makes sense. I thought you claimed cannoneers had far stronger 1v1 than sairs when PDR is 60%+ a while back though. Why is that not the case anymore?

17. Default

isnt it easy?

Siege Mode 1 got now no Cooldown and is 4th Job 115% without beeing in Tank.

Its 20Shots Per Second in KMS. (25Shots --->20Shots got changed in KMS)

Gun Multiplier is 1,7 and they get 1,2 From Amplitude

Crit is 100% so 1,35 in General.

115*20*1,35*1,7*1,2=

6334% on 0% PDR

18. Default

Out of curiosity, how much of our DPM is from octo on the higher defense rate?
    Just wondering since a lot of Sairs I know don't even summon it, because of how annoying it is to keep all of them up.

19. GLADIGATORS
    usa

It can't be 20 shots per second because it's visibly slower post-union than it used to be.

20. Default

Do u want video.proof? 5 Second i did pre union 120 shots. NOW I do 100 shots in 5 second. Also u can visit insoya for that info. They said too 120--->100shots in 5 Second