Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Pirate %/s (Justice Corsair, Buccaneer, and Cannon Shooter)

Kind of disappointing that Soul Seeker is so much stronger than Trinity. :( Perhaps a cooldown or limit on the number of regenerations would balance it.

2. Default Re: Pirate %/s (Justice Corsair, Buccaneer, and Cannon Shooter)

Angelic Burster:
    Spoiler
    Soul Seeker

Max damage per second. Fixed an issue with Soul Resonance where it only hit one target. Turns out I was mistaken about how Soul Resonance's damage worked and fixed that. Thought the Tempest effect got stronger with duration but there's apparently an explosion. Found out they changed Trinity 3's delay to 540ms from 630ms so fixed that as well.

I think maybe lowering the success rate for Soul Seeker would be a good way to deal with it. Going down to 60% would half its effectiveness, etc, while still maintaining the possibility to use its high damage cap. If they were to just lower the % per hit, it would go against the design philosophy of being able to hit higher than the normal cap.

For the record, Trinity is 540ms + 450ms + 540ms after its skipActionFrames, so that leads to a maximum of 98m/s at Normal and 125m/s at cap, whereas Soul Seeker averages 19.998 hits per cast at 990ms, so it gets 201m/s at Normal and 267m/s at cap.
    Last edited by JoeTang; 2012-08-06 at 11:41 PM.

3. Default Re: Pirate %/s (Justice Corsair, Buccaneer, and Cannon Shooter)

アンジェリック・バスターマスターレース.

PRO DPS.

4. Default Re: Pirate %/s (Justice Corsair, Buccaneer, and Cannon Shooter)

I wish whoever attempts to get those Fastest(2) values much luck on a class with Fast(5) weapons and no booster.

5. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Default Re: Pirate %/s (Justice Corsair, Buccaneer, and Cannon Shooter)

SI mule and Aswan Inner ability?

6. Default Re: Pirate %/s (Justice Corsair, Buccaneer, and Cannon Shooter)

What about Decent SI and Aswan IA?

7. Default Re: Pirate %/s (Justice Corsair, Buccaneer, and Cannon Shooter)

Well, if it were me, I'd prefer not using other characters to buff me, but I guess that's an easy way.

You'd need multiple Booster lines, well, two, to get to Fastest(2) with Decent SI (-1).

8. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

somehow I doubt someone is going top be able to reach 134mil dmg per sec, but I suppose I've seen weirder stuff happen.

9. Default Re: Pirate %/s (Justice Corsair, Buccaneer, and Cannon Shooter)

Angelic Burster:
    Trinity & Primal Roar
    Soul Seeker

This looks to be the final version. Trinity table uses no Soul Seeker. If Trinity becomes uncharged, Primal Roar is used to attempt a recharge. If that fails, Land Crash is used. For Primal Roar, Land Crash is the only thing used to attempt a recharge. Soul Seeker for single target uses the first hit of Trinity to recharge and uses Primal Roar then Land Crash to recharge on two targets.

Soul Resonance was found to be 270ms attack speed instead of 180ms which is where the dropoff in max/s comes from. The adjusted mastery tables assume you have True Successor, i.e. level 200.

That being said, Soul Seeker is undeniably better than Trinity. It has superior range, superior %/s, superior hits per second, can hit multiple targets, etc. The only useful things I've found for Trinity is the first hit to recharge vs single targets since using the full chain takes too much time out of potential Soul Seeker damage when you just need to recharge as fast as possible. The other useful thing is its ridiculous alpha strike, for when you don't want to wait for Soul Seeker to wind up.

10. Default Re: Pirate %/s (Justice Corsair, Buccaneer, and Cannon Shooter)

Do you have fusillade numbers for Corsair considering the delay is lower on GMS?

11. Default Re: Pirate %/s (Justice Corsair, Buccaneer, and Cannon Shooter)

I thought maxed Affinity IV guarantees that your next skill recharges after a fail so shouldn't a single cast of Primal Roar recharge if Trinity fails? Or did I completely misinterpret Affinity IV? xD Also doesn't Trinity have an ignore def effect too? The damage for higher DEF seems a lot lower than it should be.

12. Default Re: Pirate %/s (Justice Corsair, Buccaneer, and Cannon Shooter)

Yep, I'm seeing that rather massive error. Bonus from its stack wasn't being applied in any way.

Angelic Burster:
    Trinity & Primal Roar
    Soul Seeker

This makes Trinity a lot less not bad, but when you consider that Soul Seeker is a 3rd job skill that does more damage on 70% with 0% defense ignore, Soul Seeker relies on less +Damage% so +Boss Damage will increase its damage by more than Trinity, and that it does more max damage per second, Trinity is still inferior.

Also, I've corrected Soul Seeker's mobs. Each orb can only hit one target at a time, but the four initial orbs can split to up to two targets, dealing the same total damage.

Affinity IV's effect is if you fail a recharge, it will automatically attempt a recharge at x% chance for the same skill. I have no idea how people are getting the idea that it guarantees the next skill to recharge.

13. Default Re: Pirate %/s (Justice Corsair, Buccaneer, and Cannon Shooter)

Glad to see Trinity isn't totally pomegranate. xD Now if only they'd balance Soul Seeker. Thanks for clarifying Affinity IV. The wording confused me a little.

14. Default Re: Pirate %/s (Justice Corsair, Buccaneer, and Cannon Shooter)

Angelic Burster:
    Trinity & Primal Roar
    Soul Seeker

Not happy with the number of revisions I'm doing. Fixed Affinity III's damage boost from 20% to 30%. Fixed Trinity's max damage from 50m to 40m. Fixed Primal Roar's damage from 1200% to 1100%.

Something important I want to point out is Affinity II and Affinity III's damage bonuses are applied to your damage range in your stat screen. They are additive to other +damage% bonuses, so you do not use your damage range, you use /1.5 of your damage range. Soul Contract DOES NOT double your damage, it gives you +100% damage. It doubles your range in your stat screen but this is incorrect.
    Last edited by JoeTang; 2012-08-14 at 04:28 AM.

15. Default Re: Pirate %/s (Justice Corsair, Buccaneer, and Cannon Shooter)

KMST 1.2.446:

Angelic Burster:
    Trinity & Primal Roar
    Soul Seeker

Master Race coming through, make way. My plantain is so hard for Soul Seeker - Make Up right now. Level 143 requirement, can't wait.

All Hyper skills applied. Soul Resonance is detrimental to Soul Seeker %/s AND max/s and isn't used. Fetticcine Alfredo is a bonus to %/s, detriment to max/s. Super Nova is beneficial.

Also, description on Soul Gaze was clarified and you cannot stack it with Sharp Eyes.

Just makes me lol even more when I remember someone in Alliance told me that Trinity was superior and your build should be Expert then Trinity.

16. Default Re: Pirate %/s (Justice Corsair, Buccaneer, and Cannon Shooter)

Soul seeker's numbers...what the. Anyone have a video of it in action.

17. Default Re: Pirate %/s (Justice Corsair, Buccaneer, and Cannon Shooter)

Haha oh wow

18. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Sweet Jegus Pogo Christ. Angelic Burster damage is craaaaaaaazy! So will it be the norm that anything Angelic Burster even stares at is dead in 10 seconds flat or less?

19. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Is it the norm that phantoms hit cap with mille?

20. Default Re: Pirate %/s (Justice Corsair, Buccaneer, and Cannon Shooter)

I kinda wish the Hyper Skills boosted Trinity instead. It's not like Soul Seeker needed buffing.