Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Sorry, I thought it was listed. It uses Rapid Fire for single targets, with Combo Attack and Threaten available.

2. Default

Why Rapid Fire?

3. Default

Rapid Fire is the strongest attack (330%) and is the same speed as hurricane.

4. Default

So... Dual Blades are officially the new Buccs? Why do I always level weak jobs?

5. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Buccs never had two separate weapons capable of weapon potential as well as the top/bottom combo.

6. Default

In other words, they're the new Buccs, with the exception of being able to be good if you spend hundreds of dollars in cubes?

7. Default

People always forget to include the massive amount of weapon attack DBs have over the other thieves, as well as the second set of weapon potential of Kataras, as Takebacker said. With Legendary tier I will have at least 110% Boss damage on my DB. That will be kind of hard to beat on a NL or Shad with equal funding. I refuse to include disguisting pomegranate like 301 att Claws and any form of attack scrolled VSS in the comparision though. But, if your DB is poor and unfunded, yea it will be the pomegranatetiest thief.

8. Default

Didn't bother to include Continual Aiming since it's variable when it will be dispelled, but basically a 1.2x to this damage if it can't be I believe, unless it's additive to Combo or Prayer.

Added what damage looks like when SE is added to the scenario.
    Last edited by JoeTang; 2012-01-03 at 05:53 PM.

9. Default Re: Thief %/s (Justice Shadower, Night Lord, Blade Master, and Phantom)

Added a Pickpocket + Meso Explosion table for Phantoms. It requires that they use their 4th job slot as Combo Attack, and two 3rd job slots as PP and ME. Thus, they would not be able to have Holy Symbol, or any other 3rd job skill, and would not be able to have any 4th job skill active.

10. Default Re: Thief %/s (Justice Shadower, Night Lord, Blade Master, and Phantom)

What are the multipliers for Canes?

11. Default Re: Thief %/s (Justice Shadower, Night Lord, Blade Master, and Phantom)

Pretty sure it's 1.3

12. Default Re: Thief %/s (Justice Shadower, Night Lord, Blade Master, and Phantom)

Wow, thanks for doing the math! All that data, Yum.

What skills are you going to keep on hand for your Phantom? What is the feel of the new Shadower like? (If you do not mind me asking in your thread)

13. Default Re: Thief %/s (Justice Shadower, Night Lord, Blade Master, and Phantom)

Muspelheim is pretty pomegranatety unless you OHKO with it.

I haven't played my Phantom in a while but I use Holy Symbol, Combo, Dispel, Rapid Fire, and Paralyze on my Phantom right now since he has Talent IV level 1. The problem with Meso Explosion and Pickpocket is you need to have the third 3rd job slot dedicated to Combo Attack to actually make it worthwhile, and that means you can't run Holy Symbol. If you're training, Meso Explosion and Pickpocket are fairly useless since mobs die so fast and move so much. If you're bossing, in theory, you should have a Bishop to Holy Symbol you. The only problem would be the availability to switch skills. 4th job should be Rapid Fire, and probably Sharp Eyes so if you're in a situation where you don't need Holy Symbol and aren't using Rapid Fire, you can run both Combo and Sharp Eyes.

14. Default Re: Thief %/s (Justice Shadower, Night Lord, Blade Master, and Phantom)

AREN'T YOU ENRAGED?
    JOETANG HASN'T GIVEN YOU CREDITS.

15. Default Re: Thief %/s (Justice Shadower, Night Lord, Blade Master, and Phantom)

Blade Master:
    Spoiler
    Adjusted Mastery:
    Spoiler
    Bloody Storm + Blade Fury:
    Spoiler
    Adjusted Mastery:
    Spoiler

Things to keep in mind are Blade Masters have two weapons that can have weapon potential on them, i.e. a pomegranateton more boss damage than other Thieves. Pretty comparable to the other Thieves, disregarding the fact that Assassinate does a billion DPS that gets capped at 4m per attack. I'll need to remember to fix that as it is rather misleading to say 0% Defense Shadower does 9000%/s when without Assassinate it's only half that, i.e. the same as the other two Thieves.

I also don't know why Shadowers and Night Lords don't have an adjusted mastery table, but I'll add it tomorrow.

16. Won't Be Coming Back Male

IGN: Biades4hire
    Server: Windia
    Level: 19x
    Job: Dual Blade

Default Re: Thief %/s (Justice Shadower, Night Lord, Blade Master, and Phantom)

I think the 100+ att shield and extra boss damage puts us higher than shadowers now
    Thanks for the calculations Joe.

17. Default Re: Thief %/s (Justice Shadower, Night Lord, Blade Master, and Phantom)

I TAKE MY THANKS BACK!

18. Default Re: Thief %/s (Justice Shadower, Night Lord, Blade Master, and Phantom)

Shadower:
    Muspelheim
    Edge Carnival
    With Sharp Eyes

Night Lord:
    Spoiler
    With Sharp Eyes

Blade Master:
    Spoiler
    With Sharp Eyes

Had a typo in Blade Master's adjusted mastery value. Added a Sharp Eyes table and a No Assassinate table.

Blade Master is still in KMST and is subject to change, so the OP will not reflect any of these changes until they reach the live servers.

Also, for pomegranates and giggles, here's the new Chains of Hell
    Blade Master:
    Spoiler

19. Default Re: Thief %/s (Justice Shadower, Night Lord, Blade Master, and Phantom)

So with the Rapid Fire + Twilight + Pickpocket + Meso Explosion in addition with the assist of Sharp Eyes and Adjusted Mastery, will this combo outdps Ishtar Ring on Single target hit? I also realized that Ishtar Ring has a higher % damage compared to the Ultimate drive % damage, is it just me or that Ultimate drive attacking speed isn't as fast as Ishtar Ring's? Thank you for showing me this thread joe, but this is A LOT of complicated information you put up, at the mean time im trying to figure out the Adjusted Mastery and weapon speed mechanics you have on here also.

P.s. is it ideal to have the fastest speed 2 weapon as a phantom as well?

20. Default Re: Thief %/s (Justice Shadower, Night Lord, Blade Master, and Phantom)

Phantom:
    Rapid Fire/Twilight
    Twilight + Pickpocket + Meso Explosion

Ultimate Drive
    Ultimate Drive + Pickpocket + Meso Explosion

With SE

Just did a retest for Ultimate Drive's speed. Previously, it was assumed to be the listed speed of 360ms and Boosterable, but is now found to be constant 180ms.