Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Mercedes
    Fixed a bug with Mercedes' Legendary Spear to apply appropriately at all target scenarios. Previously, it was only applied to less than 40% defense due to a calculation error assuming this was the best scenario.
    Fixed a small error that was not adding Ring of Ishtar start-up time after using Legendary Spear. I will need to research further to see what the actual start-up time is, as I am currently assuming it to be identical to Hurricane's (which is also assumed to be unchanged since pre-Big Bang at 300ms).
    Fixed an error that was applying Advanced Final Attack to Gust Drive.
    Added Mercedes weapon speed comparison. Has minor effects on single target damage since Legendary Spear and Strike Dualshot attack faster, and are used in single targets, but should be minimal, and somewhat countered by the natural variance in Mercedes' variance. Significant improvements on its multitargetting going from Faster (3) to Fastest (2) though.

Bow Master
    Added Bow Master weapon speed comparison (doesn't affect single target) for Ultimate Inferno.
    Any small difference you see is a result of variance in the random number generator for Advanced Final Attack.

Marksmen
    Fixed a bug that wasn't adjusting Snipe's attack speed with weapon speed.

Wild Hunter
    Added Wild Hunter weapon speed comparison (doesn't affect single target) for Sonic Roar and Swipe.

I also just thought of a way to calculate accurate Unicorn Spike debuffs for multiple monsters, and the idea, though easily doable, makes me want to shoot myself since the simulation already takes too long for my tastes.
    Last edited by JoeTang; 2011-11-24 at 02:33 AM.

2. Default

What about using wind pierce as the main mob skill vs. u.inferno?

3. Default

No.

4. Default

Here I was thinking I could use Irena's Piercing as a replacement for Inferno and then I saw this.

Do you mind showing some numbers, Joe? I'd do it myself but I a) can't seem to find Inferno's delay and b) would probably mess up the outcome.

5. Default

Added Arrow Rain for 7+ targets.
    Bow Master:
    Weapon Speed: Fast (4)
    Weapon Speed: Faster (3)
    Weapon Speed: Fastest (2)

Wind Piercing instead of Ultimate Inferno:
    Bow Master:

With Arrow Eruption for 9~10 Targets
    Marksman:
    Snipe + Pierce:

Wind Piercing does pretty bad DPS in 4th job. It's okay in 3rd job. About even (slightly stronger) with the new Arrow Rain/Eruption, even stronger for Rangers since it activates Final Attack, but Arrow Rain provides stun. Would be useful if they update it to have HP Drain like the Wind Archer version.

6. Default

A bit disappointing, but it looks good so I'll continue collecting Winds.

Thanks, Joe.

7. Proton Straight Male
    IGN: Ngame989
    Server: Windia
    Level: 217
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Premiere
    Alliance: Ambition
    usa

Did you or would you be able to factor in Elite Puppet? On some bosses I like to place Puppet in a forward position to do damage as well as be Achilles. It might be irrelevant for most bosses with high PDRs since those ones hit so high that Puppet surviving is more important than its minimal DPM. But, at Zakum, for example, I find that Puppet can hit 3-4 arms and survive the full 60 seconds easily. It's nice and kinda funny to see it "soloing" a group of arms while I'm at the bottom.

8. Default

How come wind piercing hits 10 monsters o_O, it caps at 6.

What about... using u.inferno for the DoT and then straight wind piercing? Bigger improvement or worse?

9. Default

It doesn't.

10. Default

Ultimate Inferno is stronger than Wind Piercing even without its DoT.

11. Default

Well what would you suggest to balance things out for bowmasters and mercedes? Higher damage bonuses from SL:P? More hurricane buffing? Or just way better mob skills?

And i was just curious as to what kind of a buff to %/s adding maybe 1 u inferno every 12 seconds and straight out wind pierce for the DoTs duration..

12. Default

Ultimate Inferno + Wind Pierce
    Bow Master:

Fixed a small bug in Mercedes' combo ordering with Legendary Spear on 5+ mobs, and a bug where Legendary Spear was not 100% critical.

Mercedes: Double Leap Tornado after Legendary Spear/Rolling Moonsault instead of using Gust Drive for 5+ mobs, when you just don't give a pomegranate about taking damage.

13. Default

Bow masters ll never be good at mobbing, EVER, they just suck at it and they ll never balance bow masters around mobbing skills, they ll just buff hurricane or AFA

14. Default

lulz wanna do fire weak calculations? I think it's 1.5x or something.. the old inferno description used to say.. something about 1.5x with elements or something and i think the burn DoT is a fire element as well, i've always noted higher burn damages on fire weak..

But hey, on the other side the Fire DoT was pretty beneficial..

Back in the day of pre-bigbang it used to be that just hurricane was better than inferno on mobs between 1 and 3. So I'm curious does the same apply still?

15. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

So there isn't a significant increase in having wind pierce? Bummer, I just got to dew #13 during yesterdays 8 hours 2x event. The only benefit of having it that I can see is that it is better for some mobbing situations, when the splash effect from ult inferno can't reach farther away mobs.

How many monsters does wind pierce mob at each level?

@Above, I've been told that hurricane is stronger than ult inferno unless the mob is greater than 5. Iirc, White told me that.

16. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Inferno is 1/2 fire and 1/2 physical so it only does 1.25x dmg on fire weak mobs

17. Default

Well.. it's kinda strange because it hits the Wind Pierce numbers on fire weak for me.. :/ which is a 150% difference..

18. Default

Updated to include adjusted mastery damage. Fixed Mercedes' Elemental Knights to not perform critical hits.

19. Default

Adjusted Elemental Knights to not be affected by Soul Infusion/Ancient Spirit. Fixed an error where Charge Drive's bonus damage was being applied in 6+ monsters.

KMST 1.2.411 Mercedes
    Mercedes:
    Adjusted Mastery

20. Default

So yeah.. no real nerf..