Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
  1. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Archer %/s (KMS Unlimited and GMS Tempest)

KMS 1.2.218:
    Bow Master:
    1 Target: 200% boss: 47424%/s 44507%/s 36227%/s 27846%/s 19497%/s

What the hell?

Is this real life?

2. Default Re: Archer %/s (KMS Unlimited and GMS Tempest)

If you mean the damage reduction I believe those are the PDR numbers. If you mean the insane damage check out jumping NW lol.

3. Default Re: Archer %/s (KMS Unlimited and GMS Tempest)

For Armor Break, I haven't included its damage bonus based on defense yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's a flat multiplier that uses the monster's base defense?

In which case, it looks like this:
    KMS 1.2.218:
    Bow Master:
    Arrow Platter/Uncountable Arrow
    Hurricane/Uncountable Arrow
    Hyper

4. Default Re: Archer %/s (KMS Unlimited and GMS Tempest)

Yea, its a multiplier based on w/e PDR the boss has.

5. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

I don't think anyone has tested if it works as TD or if it's a separate multiplier, but you have the right idea.

6. Default Re: Archer %/s (KMS Unlimited and GMS Tempest)

I am like 70% sure its a multiplier. My damage occaisonally jumps like crazy on high pdr mobs. I am looking for a video on someone testing it. I swear someone did it long time ago....

That's crazy, I wonder if the stores are going to be potentially how MS2 is. Techically in MS2, the range classes have different job instructors that could have different stories and quests for the player. It would be cool if each class had thier own story.

7. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

I sincerely doubt anyone has tested it. The tester would have to run the damage output for both cases and unless someone finished my damage calculator when I wasn't looking, no one has. I would assume it acts like TD, other archer skills do/did, (stacks with TD and boss) unless someone proved otherwise. How high your damage jumps would depend heavily on how much boss and td you already have, but the difference between flat multiplier and td wouldn't be apparent unless you had a lot of %boss or actually did the math.

I might be inclined to test it myself out of curiosity, but last I checked Armor Break activation rate was still horribly broken and it's not worth the effort to fight that to get a decent sample size.

8. Default Re: Archer %/s (KMS Unlimited and GMS Tempest)

The activation rate looks fine in the recent KMS videos I saw. Its activates a group of arrows every few seconds on rapidfire skills. Acutally those KMS videos,just reminded me that I remember someone did test in GMS, because I remember reading that in GMS it was affecting like 4 arrows per activation irregardless of Hurricane or Blaster or something like that.

And, no, it can be tested if its a seperatre multiplier. If you normally do 1m on Chaos Vellum and it jumps to 4m, test over, its a seperate multiplier. That is what I am saying.

Edit:

Finally found it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu17qPOSZAA

I think the activation for mobbing is like the skill description, but rapidfire skills use a different system? IDK even know if its taking AFA/MagicArrows into consideration or the exact hits armor break with Hurricane/Installation. I don't think its a glitch, but Armor Break may not have the same impact on 1v1 than it does on mobbing. But I see what you mean by a possible glitch. Not sure how JT is going to go about that.

9. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

The current GMS skill description says nothing about differences when mobbing or using rapid fire skills. I don't recall Max noting any changes to the description in KMS, but I'm not as meticulous about these updates as I once was.

I'd forgotten Rujin did that test. I'm not going to hunt down his old post on basil, but I can see his damage go from 20~25m to 35~40 with Armor Break. Which is a bit less than what I'd expect (25*1.45*1.225=44m) if it was a completely knew multiplier. This is partly because he has other sources of PDR (markmanship at least), but without knowing how much %td he has outside of MMS it's difficult to determine precisely.

If he only has 15% td from mms and AB is %td, he'd get a 33% ((45+15)/45) boost instead of the 45%. 25*1.33*1.225 = 40.7

I'm too tired to do the math including PDR from skills, especially since it would be pure guesstimation without knowing his equips and character cards at the time, but I think you see my point. It could be either and we can't tell until someone runs the numbers (preferably when they are awake). Oh and it would make way more sense to test on a boss since %boss and increased mob def would make the change way more obvious.

10. Default Re: Archer %/s (KMS Unlimited and GMS Tempest)

Got me curious and I wanted to see the actual difference.
    No Armor Break

Armor Break Activated

This was done at Hard Magnus (120% Ignore Defense) with the bowmaster hyperskill Gritty Gust (500% DMG). I had 135% boss and 80% Ignore Def during this screenshot.
    As you can see the first hit did about 5.5M~ DMG whereas the second, armor break, hit did 18M~.
    Armor break deals additional DMG and at HM it should add 2.2 times the output of of a normal hit.
    5.5 x 2.2 = 12.1
    5.5 + 12.1 = 17.6 which is quite close to what it did

11. Default Re: Archer %/s (KMS Unlimited and GMS Tempest)

I followed a bit of what your saying but pretty much if your saying pretty much what is above that it is a multiplier, then I agree.

I was always under the impression that Break was just 5.5*2.2 for the Break damage so just 12.1 not 17.6. I am not sure though. Do you happen to know the impact the 50% pdr ignore will boost your damage?

12. Default Re: Archer %/s (KMS Unlimited and GMS Tempest)

The 50% PDR makes my PDR during the attack 90% instead of 80%.

120 * 0.9 = 108 || 120-108 = 12%
    120 * 0.8 = 96 || 120-96 = 24%

So the impact is an extra 12%.
    Normally I would do 76% of my DMG, now 88%.
    12% is quite some but it can not account for 5.5M DMG on a 18M~ total I believe

13. Default Re: Archer %/s (KMS Unlimited and GMS Tempest)

Might it be you're missing some defense ignore in your calculations?

14. Default Re: Archer %/s (KMS Unlimited and GMS Tempest)

I do not know if GMS has this but EMS tells you how much ignore def you have:

Armor Break grants a 50% extra according to @Aggravate :
    If you mean anything else, please tell me :)

15. Default Re: Archer %/s (KMS Unlimited and GMS Tempest)

We have that same UI since 1.48 for gMS.

No, it should be a 50% PDR source. The only thing I can think of is that our Hard Magnus got nerfed from 120% to 70% PDR in the RED update. That wouldn't make sense in your case since the multiplier would be reduced from 2.2x to 1.7x, so I don't know what's causing your damage to spike.

16. Default Re: Archer %/s (KMS Unlimited and GMS Tempest)

Does this include the fact that the debuff timers for both Unicorn Spike and Legendary Spear are 30s?

17. Default Re: Archer %/s (KMS Unlimited and GMS Tempest)

Is it an issue with the blue area around Magnus? Check against another boss e.g. Hard Hilla.

Hadriel

18. Default Re: Archer %/s (KMS Unlimited and GMS Tempest)

KMS 1.2.221:
    Black Heaven
    Mercedes:
    Spoiler
    Double Leap Tornado
    Hyper

I'll probably never bother to find out what the new link delays for everything is.

19. Default Re: Archer %/s (KMS Unlimited and GMS Tempest)

What are bowmaster numbers with 65%~ buff duration with Enchanted Quiver?