Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: shakar96
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 105
    Job: Thunder Breaker
    usa

I'm no longer first now :(. They deleted my post~

I was also surprised. I triple checked those skills and it's still like that. Nexon probably made a mistake.
    Last edited by Five Second Pose; 2011-11-10 at 07:32 PM.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

>Possible "Soul Jump"
    FINALLY!

>CB effects
    Totally useless unless they work on bosses.

>Shield Mastery "Guard"
    Need more info to pass judgment, but liking it so far.
    I notice the skill description said increase Physical AND Magical defense. I'mma love the MDEF buff.

>95% Stance
    99% with CO, maybe, but just pineappleing make it 100% already Nexon! Or at least change it to 96% so CO can make it 100%

>Blast increase
    Real nice, they keep buffing our neutral damage.

>90sec Divine Shield
    Also useless, as 95% of the time, it doesn't even last 30sec.

>Rush damage increase
    Why? No one used Rush for the damage.

>Holy charge increase
    More neutral damage buffs

>Sanctuary increase
    TOTALLY USELESS! Why buff the damage by 50% when it ALWAYS hits 999,999!?

All in all, real lackluster patch. Was kinda hoping they'd change ACB to be similar to the Bishop's current Angel Ray, in where they nerfed the damage by a lot, but made it hit multiple times per enemy. Right now ACB can hit max damage without even trying.

3. Default

HS nerf...? Way to make Bishops even more useful!

4. Default

Well, still palabads. What does increasing blessing armor to 90s do if it lasts, on average, for 10s.

5. Default

Well, there's no current precedent for DoT not to work, so Flame Charge is still useful.
    Of course, I'm not sure whether the DoT would make up for Holy Charge's increased damage.

If it's identical to Guardian (only with a 10% activation rate), Paladins just became even more invincible.

I like how they seem to be teasing us.
    Not like that 1% makes much of a difference though with all the blocking chances we have.

Technically, that's an elemental buff.
    Granted, it's on an almost non-existent mob type, but still.
    At least now there's actually a reason to go Holy before MW.

I'm pretty convinced at this point that they have no idea how Hammer works

6. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Only thing I really like here for mages: Magic Critical and ultimates hitting twice. Everything else blows/unnecessary.

7. Default

Speed change on spears ey? I bet GMS aint going to do it to VIP spears. Would it not me simpler and more fair to make their booster compensate instead?

8. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

It's really nice against Fire Weak monsters, but unless the DoT is amazing, Holy will still be the element of choice.

I noticed the skill description said "Increase Physical and Magical defense". Kinda hoping that's true as well. I wouldn't mind having more MDEF since I only have around 4k - 5k. We have to take 1 damage from EVERYTHING!

True, it's also an elemental buff, but as you said, it's almost non-existent. Since we mostly use Holy as our neutral mob damage, I'm just considering it as a "Neutral" buff for the time being.

I can only see the "buff" being warranted if they allow if to go beyond the damage cap, similar to Pierce.
    Make 999,999 the soft cap and make it like 1.5mil or 2mil the hard cap and scale off of the damage.

9. Default

Yeah, I don't know here. The Mage's Ultimates would be (somewhat) stronger at half damage and two hits. Personally, I've always liked the idea of making them, say, 10 hits at 180~200%. That would increase the damage (kinda, crit-wise at least), and it would kinda act more like the skills look.

10. Default

Unless I'm mistaken, Shield Mastery already triples both of our defenses. We just happen to not get much M.Def from our stats so it doesn't add up like W.Def does.

That would actually be fairly brilliant.
    I'm all in favor of skills not losing usefulness just because the user is uber-funded.

11. Default

I'm such a slow reader. -.-"

12. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Ah, you are too true. I never actually realized that honestly. I always thought it only gave +200% DEF.

13. Default

So 30% crit with an average of 1.35 extra damage per crit = 40.5% extra damage
    60% crit with an average of 1.45 extra damage per crit = 87% extra damage

So 187/140.5= 1.33 times more damage before even counting the damage increases to CL. Nice.

14. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

15* % damage from Phoenix Link makes WH at 270% and BM at 265%only real difference is

WHs mobility, Feline Zerk and Stance vs BMs Avoid, Mobing skills, Weapon Defense/Magic Defense from phoenix Link, larger ignore def and Better Summons

edit: and the .05 diference in weapon multipliers

15. Default

Cool News. I just checked Shakar's blog: THIEF LEGEND COMING SOON! :D

16. Default

Didn't see anything that really stuck out to me. Bring on the thieves and pirates.

17. Default

So, assuming they don't nerf Holy Focus, Bishops now have 75% crit for x1.45-x1.5. Genesis has a crit of 95%. LOL.

Sucks that HS was nerfed. This means slower training for EVERYONE, on EVERYTHING. gg Nexon.

18. Default

Lol, wut?

I believe you mean:
    Before this patch: 0.3 * (0.2+0.5)/2 = 0.105 = +10.5% more damage from crits = x1.105 critical multiplier
    After this patch: 0.6 * (0.45+0.5)/2 = 0.285 = +28.5% more damage from crits = x1.285 critical multiplier
    Average damage increase due to criticals alone: 1.285 / 1.105 = 1.1629 = +16.29% more damage

And FWIW:
    Before this patch: 214% per hit
    After this patch: 260% per hit
    Average damage increase due to CL % alone: 260 / 214 = 1.2150 = +21.50% more damage
    Total damage increase for CL: 1.1629 * 1.2150 = 1.4129 = +41.29% more damage

19. Default

That's most likely a mistake, they said in the patch notes that Ultimate Strafe's damage was increased. I guess they somehow forgot to enter it in the data...

20. Default

Yeah, Nexon dropped the ball on Bishops. I can care less for the damage buffs... I just want a bigger HS range and AR to be bendable again. And they did neither.