Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default GMS Server Status Discussion < 2011-11-09

This is the official thread to discuss the current status of the servers, channels and general Nexon connectivity.

If you really only want to see the status and have no interest in participating in discussion here on Southperry you're discouraged from registering, there's no benefit to you for doing so. You will find it more effective and expedient to simply bookmark one of the following mirror URLS of the status page;

http://gmsstatus.com/
    http://maplestatus.info/
    http://maplestatus.com/

They update on the same schedule, load faster, use less resources and are perfect for sharing and bookmarking.
    Code:
    Red Blinking = All logins down, or master login down. 
    Red = More than 50% of the normal channels are down but logins are fine.
    Yellow = Less than 50% of channels are down and logins are fine.
    Green = All good.
    Latency is now indicated in the report, including max and average.
    Channels that are up but experiencing a higher than normal latency will be indicated in Yellow, but poor connection speed will not impact the status results indicator.

Note the contents of this thread will routinely be moved to the Archived Items forum after various outages and discussion.

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

scania is half dead, anything above ch 10 is crashed permanently.

3. Default

This, and a few kids running around map crashing, makes me not even want to log in.

4. Default

It is ch4-14 in Bera. The server status page says everything is fine...but it isnt.

5. Default

Well, whatever they're doing the servers think they're alive and listening.

6. Default

I think they are just sitting there looking at your status page and think everything is 5x5.

7. Default

As if we get noticed

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I wonder whether there is any way to identify a channel that is "hung" (Process is active, so OS still lists it as listening on that port, and activates its handler, which accepts the connection request. But once out of the handler, the process is in some kind of loop that prevents it from doing any useful work).
    Well, short of having a character "logged in" and attempting to "change channel" and then perform some kind of in-game function such as going through a portal.

Wonder whether Nexon has a more detailed status board, and someone watching it (during office hours, let's not get carried away here) who's savvy enough to realize empty channels in Scania are improbable to the point of impossiblity. Otherwise, well, the whole game will be like HT: Get it done quick after maintenance or you can't do it at all that week.

9. Default

Short of creating a pseudo client that authenticates to the servers and asks the volume on there, no, it's not doable for us.

One would hope Nexon would've done something similar though, but I also highly doubt they have any sort of surveillance team monitoring that way.

10. Default

oh wow... Perma yellow status nowadays xD

I guess it's a good thing we don't have those attendance events going huh?

11. Default

It's Autumn; Yellow is the New Green.

12. Default

Last edited by Locked; 2011-10-31 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Just saw the new things you added. My server checker now has nothing that yours doesn't ._.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon

Interesting... many channels still up in Scania, Bera, and Windia... Bet those hung processes are ignoring the hangup signal...
    (Another possiblity is that they were left up so they could be debugged, but who are we kidding?)

14. Default

Wow, looks like it spells sfc :/

15. Default

I think all they're doing is restarting the server lol. Channels coming back up now.

16. Orbital Bee Cannon

Sounds good to me. Process hung? Restart it. Might stay up for a couple of days, then we have the regular maintenance, then another couple days, and after that is the weekend so who cares?

17. Default

Yes.
    That was the point I was trying to show. ;p

18. Default

Sounds exactly like I imagine their reasoning to be. Weekends? Added stress on the servers? Not my problem, i'm off work until Monday trollface.jpg

EDIT: @Danny, It's a Conspiracy!!

19. Default

I like the fact the servers are lagging even while closed.

Sheesh

20. Orbital Bee Cannon

They're stress-testing