Thread: Discrimination

1. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HA!
    Server: HA!!
    Level: I'm
    Job: plagiarizing
    Guild: overused
    Alliance: internet memes!!1!

1. Nexon Korea seems to be doing quite fine with events that don't require NX. I realize that making an event for Global is really tricky, as there are many different cultures, but seeing as July 4th can be an event for Global, why can't they design something like the Moon Festival was for KMS? (Christmas was ok, but I was a 1x nub then, so my opinion on that is biased) It's not whether they have to host an event, it's making one that's unique in its own way. All October (this one at any rate) is just "buy NX/ MTS merchant if you want good stuff!" month.

2.Based on the masses of nubs (active and inactive), and relatively small 4th-job/ high 3rd job population, the average rounds out to about ... the 4x lvls (since after there, the population above [x]xx level gets much smaller). Aside from PACs, which benifit the statless class builds (who tend to have NX anyways, asides from lukless mages) none of the list seems to benifit the "average" person, besides selling it off again clean, since they would lack the money to scroll. Even adjusting to 6x, only the PACs still stand out as something you could actually use, and if scrolling (more NX, if you didn't have it) fails/ blows up anything, there goes potentially millions in mesos, or several thousand NX (especially if the 7th slot is the one to blow up), and zilch in anything benifits no one. If you even reach this step with success, you're probably rich (or very lucky), therefore not "average", per se, and that scrolled item is just sold off at a high price (obviously for profit), to another rich person with lots of mesos/ NX. That's how the rich get richer, and average people go nowhere.

2. Peanuts
    IGN: BaconSkewers
    Server: Bera
    Level: 210
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Acrylic
    Alliance: Honour

I never said all merchants were scammers. No need to get your undies in a knot.

I was merely saying that those were the only skills that someone needed in order to "succeed" in this game. Not everyone needs to scam, but it does make things easier.

3. Default

And we all start out with knowing SW and having many friends play right?

You mentioned 2x events in another post. Don't get me started on those. There hasnt been an Aussie friendly 2x event since god knows when (first anniversary?).

I'm not saying anything about your reasons for saying that NX isnt hard to get, but surely Nexon can put more than 5 minutes into an event that doesnt require a crapload of NX to participate in. Especially considering
    1) Prices of prizes are dropping faster than the world economy
    2) Its hard to sustain a serious amount of nx in order to keep funding your conversion in MTS
    Im a realist that Nexon do what they do to make money, and if their service matched their excessive "encouragement" in purchasing NX then I wouldnt be complaining either.

4. Default

No where do I see what an event is defined to be in Nexon's words. All your definitions of events are your own opinions, they are not what Nexon thinks of events.

Yes, because a level 10 should have the same benefits as a level 120. An idiot should be able to accepted to a college without doing anything while other people worked to get in. A lazy person on their first day of the job should get the same salary as a CEO who has been there for 20+ years.

Yep, that sounds really good and perfect equality. You know what, lets all have equality. People who don't do anything will have the same benefits and everything as someone who works hard. You know what will happen? We all end up as poor people expecting other people to work for us so we can mooch off them.

Your idea sounds really good.

5. Peanuts

Your comprehension skills are about as awesome as my level. I'm never one to make fun of people, but your sarcasm isn't exactly good for the soul.

Let me repeat again. I never said that everyone should have equality in everything. Only in events. Nexon might think of events as one thing, but the moment I see that you need NX to have fun in an event, I'm going to declare that event as a failure.

6. Harrisonized

You are one pineappleed up retard. No offense.
    While what you say is true, you really do find out early on in the game which classes will outdamage which. Mages are mobbers, and warriors are melee. Sins have high attacking speed and bowmen are long ranged. Generally, this is consistent in all games.
    I agree with you that Nexon's service is disproportional to their NX, but it still doesn't change the fact that the normal person CAN get NX, which was what I was trying to point out.
    Rofl. That post is the ownage.
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2008-10-31 at 12:04 AM.

7. Peanuts

Whoa there Mister Jelly man. No need to start insulting people.

Do explain how I'm a retard.

8. Harrisonized

In every way.

/thread please.