Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Discrimination

1. Default

Chompy, putting your arrogance and ignorance as well as multi-posting aside, not EVERYONE can buy NX. On top of that, not all NXes are equal. Aussies paying something like 1.5x their standard earnings to get 1 point NX compares to Americans, etc. And then the riches can just buy NX cards and do their things, while the less affordable has to work harder through MTS to be able to do the same thing. So in order to enjoy the same event, some has to put more efforts to achieve equivalent results.

2. Default

agree 110%²

is easy talk about MTS when you have a high lvl char with easy acess to mesos, i cant imagine one new player unfunded with char at lvl 30 ~ 70 making huge amounts of NX in MTS to participate on this events, and realy enjoy like NX users or MTS high lvl users.
    Last edited by Hendrix; 2008-10-30 at 02:55 AM.

3. Harrisonized

We were all low leveled once, and had to sit aside watching other people being allowed into events. Why shouldn't we enjoy the fruits of our labor?

4. Default

I agree with Harrisonized as well.

To be honest, I think a lot of you guys are haters. (Hell, I used to be one). once MTS came out, the FIRST thing i said to my nephew (who complained because he could never get nx, except from me): "GO MTS YOU ASS OFF!!!"

He listened, and has nx for whenever he needs it. Now, y'all don't have to take my personal case as an example, but to be honest, it's not that hard. I'd go through all the points I'd like to make, but they've all been said already. Get off your duffs, and go work for something.

edit:
    Although I have bought nx in the past, I generally MTS all the nx I need, because I don't feel like giving my money directly to Nexon, I'd much rather spend it on beer.

5. Default

They could if they wanted to. It's all about choice. Train a char to lvl 40 then go hunt something that is easy to get and makes good nx in mts. Like dark cloud foxtails, mation tenticals, etc... Perferably a monster no one wants to hunt but you need a whole bunch of etc drops for a quest. Simply sell 800 of those and buy a store permit. Naturally a store permit puts one ahead in meso aquisition. After that start it's just a merchanting cycle, buy low sell high, buy for mesos, buy for nx, sell where it's the most profitable. There is no reason to purchase nx anymore unless one is too lazy to hunt & merchant.

Personally I think this event is awsome. You don't need nx at all, chests are tradable if you don't want to open them then just sell them. =D Horray for tradable event items!
    Last edited by LittlePrincess; 2008-10-30 at 11:10 AM.

6. Default

i agree man.

sick of that bull pomegranate

people tell me im only rich because i have nx

im like what the pineapple i use MTS

i just happen to be a merchant and like you said i use resources such as MTS
    and occasionally buy certain nx items through trusted friends

it all revolves around mesos

and to the people who say mesos leave the economy due to w/e it may be, they are also coming back through the meso bags in mts

7. Default

Argument to shut down "We don't live in US so it costs more for NX"

Argument to shut down "We're not high leveled enough to get the boxes"

Next argument(s) please. Some of these are just ridiculous and easy to find problems with.

8. Default

I agree that anybody can get NX.
    I also agree that it's much easier to get NX if you are willing to spend real-world money on it.
    So in that sense, people who work hard at merchanting for their NX, have a reason to envy/resent those who buy it with the click of a button (and encourage Nexon to keep on making events that NX users can get the best of).

However, merchanting is part of the game. Just like, say, Jump Quests.
    If you don't want to do it, or are not good at it, well, you'll be at a disadvantage in the game. That's just the way it is.

9. Default

I agree with Harrisonized. Everyone started out with nothing at all. Buying NX only really reduces the amount of time it takes to become godly or rich. Did you know that the strongest bishop in GMS doesn't charge NX? How can anyone be jealous of what other people have, when they themselves have just as equal of an opportunity to get the same thing. Ever heard of w0rmified? one of the strongest shadowers in the world. Guess what? He's NXless. I've talked to him on the MSea forums, and he doesn't even have the ability to use paypal.

Having the MTS around allows everyone access to NX. Whether they charge it themselves or convert mesos into NX is up to them.

10. Electron
    IGN: DiscoStun
    Server: BERA
    Level: 115
    Job: Ranger
    Guild: JuegoLimpio
    Alliance: N/A

It's not nice to read between the lines and find things like "I hate ppl who hate me cuz I'm godly merchanting"... not everyone knows how to merchant and not everyone wants to do it.

The point here is that we don't get many silly events like "find the GM" or something like that... everything is so NX-CASH oriented that it seems MS is no longer f2p. Did u guys realize that at this rate it's more profitable to play pay2play games than this?

In my opinion if maple was not f2p there would be better community, customer support and less hax0rz plus OPEN EVENTS (except lvl limit ones). But this franchise is not meant to entertain us but rather get us addicted and play with money. They didn't create the MTS to help NXless players. It was created to convert mesos to NX and then NX to items.

By now ppl should be aware of this and stop flaming and/or creating topics like this. We are not discussing about arts or w/e... we are talking about how someone feels about a particular situation.

We all know the rules of the game and yet we play it, we should get over it and get over the ppl who doesn't get over it yet (yeah that sounds weird)

Peace!

11. Default

Why should a level 120 character which took under a year [bishop] have more benefits and playability than one that took 2 years [paladin]?

I spent a lot of time playing my character and it's definitely not making as much money or as high a level as a similar amount of time would have done for a Priest (note: I'm basing this on exp per hour rates and meso per hour rates reported by priest/bishops since I don't have one). So my decision which was made before 3rd or 4th job was even released affects me forever, and now I suck at events.

Without class balance, you can't say events are fair.

I dunno how to formulate it as an argument, but I refuse to play pineapple the economy and resell/merchant all day long. I make money by training, I don't make money by stealing from children.
    Last edited by Stereo; 2008-10-30 at 12:59 PM.

12. Default

A couple things about that. If not everyone knows how to merchant, then why don't they learn? People didn't start playing MS knowing how to be amazing merchants. They learned after months and years of being in the market. If everyone doesn't want to merchant; then what grounds do they have to complain about the people who do spend time merchanting.

If Maple Story was turned into a game where they didn't have anything to do with NX. How the hell would they fund the game, updates, events, and their employees? Of course they're going to give more benefits to people who give them money. Hell, even here on southperry, you get more benefits for giving up money. Just about everything has to be funded somehow. If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to do anything.

13. Default

You also forgot to mention a CLEAR form of discrimination against Paladins, the monsters that drop the gold chests are not Paladin-solo friendly. Bishops and Archmages are in the same situation as us when it comes to farming these chests.

Crimson Guardian - Strong vs. All Elements, Immune to Holy. 'Nuff said.
    Papulatus - Neutral, is a boss mob.
    Pianus - Weak vs. Fire, can't really farm it as it's a boss mob.
    Crimson Balrog - Weak vs. Holy, requires 4th Job to get elemental advantage, again not really farmable due to the 15 minutes between boat rides.
    Bigfoot - Weak vs. Fire, but a melee-unfriendly mob due to his fast movement speed, glitched KB animations, and the fact that we can't stunlock him to death anymore. (We know who to blame for this.)
    Last edited by Judgment; 2008-10-30 at 01:16 PM.

14. Default

Meh, whatever way you decide to get your NX, we can't change the fact Nexon wants to use these events as a marketing ploy. Whatever the arguement here, it will not effect the truth. You can work for your NX by MTSing, or you can throw money Nexons way to skip the work, but you must do one of them to attend these events.

Class balance IMO is irrelevant, you knew what you were getting into when you chose your class. Think of it this way: By picking a Paladin as opposed to a priest, you chose a higher game "difficulty level". My point is, don't complain about something being harder on your class, if you belive a class has been whacked in this manner, it is your own fault in the end for continueing to play that class if you aren't satisfied.

15. Electron

It's a game and ppl play it the way they wanna play it. Complaining about not having more open events is not equal to complaining about you being a pr0 merchant (or they unable to become one)

I didn't know capitalism existed sorry... you didn't even read my reply right?
    Ever heard of Ad Banners? It's easier to steal from children though...

Peace

16. Default

Here's the problem with this idea though. The fact that some of the decisions NEXON has made with this game further shifts the classes when it comes to unbalance. Here's a few examples of this:

-When the Elemental Staves first came out, NEXON said that the lack of Elemental bonuses to it was intended, thereby causing Bishops to horde those staves. Even after NEXON reversed this decision, some of those Bishops still held on to their staves.

-September's Lunchbox, Red Katanas, and Stonetooth Sword made Sword specced Saders and WKs even more superior than BW/Axe, even when the formulas and Brandish (Two slashes, One stab, I believe.) were already screwed up to all hell. There is no actual BW/Axe counterparts when it comes to the Fast (4) 1-Handers and Fast (5) 2-Handers. Fusion Mace and Pig Illustrated are lowbie weapons, Lollipops aren't designed for combat, and the Lv. 120 Crushed Skull is still Normal (6) speed.

-Onyx Apples made shifts to the game that affected everyone as a whole. Mainly that CBs aren't wanted for MEing Zakum anymore, Hermits getting a HUGE advantage over the other classes, and Mages getting the least benefit out of them. (Heck, some Archmages/WK are still forced to buy their Z-helms and skills because no one will take them.)

At this rate, I would expect NEXON to just flatout ban certain classes from participating in these events, just because nobody cares about those Black Sheep.
    Last edited by Judgment; 2008-10-30 at 01:32 PM.

17. Default

I've played MS since the first day of Bera (by coincidence).

I did not know what I was getting into when I chose my class. You could even invoke the "ignorance" argument on me since I chose my 2nd job by what the NPC told me. But I will do the same to you, since 3rd job wasn't out, MS community was still developing, and 4th job wasn't even in beta yet for another year or so.

Yeah sure, the new players today do get the advantage. But what if Nexon decided to change a fundamental mechanism in the game by adding, oh I dunno, monsters that are incredibly unfriendly to physical attackers defense-wise? I know very well the day when Nexon changed the monster attack formula and caused many people to become broke due to higher pot burnage.

18. Default

DiscoStun on "Free2play" and "Merchanting

Stereo on Class Balance

Judgment on Class Balance

Judgment on Classes being unwanted

Btw, this isn't a thread on class balance but rather a thread on how it's not impossible to get NX and related NX topics. Like everyone has said many times, MapleStory is not balanced and will never be balanced. It's a sad truth but you have to accept it.

19. Default

Then you cant really tell people to "shut up and go train" because you being an underdog class would've love to break 4mil exp an hour before 4th job.

You struggled through it, so anyone else should be able to too right? Not really. The general audience is what? ages 12-16? Those teenage ages will btch about anything. It's just a phase in life like how little child are self-centered because they have not psychologically learned that other people have opinions too.

The audience doesn't want to play maplestory. They want to place My Story. ie, a story that's based around them. That's why people pay archmages to leech.

20. Electron

How to play is a personal choice. Not being able to participate if it depens on that choice is a different matter but when you can't participate because they won't let you is another thing. Remember the mansion event? I couldn't charge NX back then and all my friends lvld quite fast those days. I didn't choose my inability to get nx so why couldn't I participate? Because I was poor? because ppl who pay have the priority?

The fact that thing are this way doesn't mean they morally should... but IT'S JUST A GAME omg too many ppl saying the same thing with different words -.-"