Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Default

A very tiny amount. Got lucky and managed to play a demo of skyward sword, if you watch videos of it you can see it, but it is unnoticeable when you're playing.

Personally, my biggest issue with skyward sword is that, despite all the motion controls, the items don't seem to do anything special with it other than letting you swing a sword diagonally.
    Granted, I stopped watching trailers a while ago to save the anticipation for when I actually get to play the game, but of the items I have seen, (the bow, slingshot, beetle, bombs, sword) none of them are exactly revolutionary, and all have equivilants to previous games in the serious. (Rolling bombs = bombchus and Beetle = the numerous ways you could control flying birds, though obviously its slightly more important than that.)

While there is a certain coolfactor to doing 1-1 movement with a sword, I got that already way back when with red steel 2.

2. Cash3

Thanks for saving me the trouble of making a thread. Just got back from the 25th anniversary concert myself, and I think you guys will be impressed with that bonus CD. Played the demo while I was there and met saw Konji Kondo and Eiji Aonuma. Aonuma was joking about how Miyamoto was getting to old to come to America regularly. Kondo seemed either a bit bashful or impatient, couldn't tell, but he was surprised at the applause whenever he said anything and kept wanting the audience to just let him finish.

Demo was the same as the one recorded at the E3; had 3 parts to it. Boss battle, dungeon, and flying. Controls really aren't that bad, but I admit it does look a bit awkward holding the sword so far ahead of you while walking if you hold the controller the wrong way.

Back on the music, here's a good idea of what to expect while I find a good way to upload my "voice recording".

Spoiler

/hype ... Oh wait, you haven't heard my cheap recording yet.

3. Default

Eldin's volcano:

Earth temple:

4. Default

I really must get around to Pre-ordering this. I wasn't all that interested at first. I've been a bit indifferent towards recent entries in the Zelda series. The only thing I did like was the art. I know a lot don't like it but I think it's the perfect blend between WW and TP, and a good choice for the Wii's graphical limitations. But I must say the more I have seen and found out the more hyped I've become. Every time Miyamoto gets on stage to talk about it he seems to get tongue tied trying to explain how great it is so I'd be mad not to buy it.

Some stuff from the 25th anniversary concert.

Spoiler

Spoiler

5. Default

Wow. When they played the Ganondorf Battle music from Wind Waker, I jumped out of my seat. That was cool! I love that theme so much.

6. Default

I was a bit further back so I believe the audio balance of my recording was a bit better than these. Granted mine are only audio and only in two files; 45 mins and 25 mins respectively. I'll try to upload it to rapidshare or whatever sometime this week and if anyone feels like splicing it into individual song files feel free.

Also spent a limited time searching, but since the Skyward sword song was a bonus after a long period of applause where the program said it ended, I think many of those who were recording left. (Merchandise lines were a peach, so people ran to get ahead. That and getting in line for the demos again).

EDIT: Looking up further at those trailers; they were showing in the hall before the show in English. It didn't occur to me to record that.

7. Default

So do you still insist they shouldn't have reorchestrated ocarinas music for the 3d rerelease

8. Default

Yes, I do.

In any case, what are your guys' favorite themes from each Zelda game? Mine would be :

NES Zelda; Dungeon Theme - It's awesome when you have 1 heart left and the music skips a note or two.

Zelda II : The Adventure of Link; Overworld Theme - Neat variation of the original theme.

A Link to the Past; Dark Mountain and Forest - This song gives me that ultimate feeling of being alone on a mission.

Link's Awakening; Tal Tal Heights - Such a nostalgic song for me. It's also extremely fun to play on piano. The best variation of the original Zelda theme, I believe.

Ocarina of Time; Hyrule Field - This song is beautiful and perfectly paints the picture of Hyrule Field for me.

Majora's Mask; Astral Observatory - This one is a very hard decision for me. I chose this because it feels very magical to me.

Oracle of Ages and Seasons; Overworld - I don't really remember much of this game, but I do remember the overworld being the same as Link's Awakening. I love this song, but since Tal Tal Heights takes it for Link's Awakening, the Oracle games get this one.

Four Swords; Title Theme - I absolutely adore this theme. It's the same as the Oracle games' intro, I think. I'm sad I can't find a very good quality version of it.

Wind Waker; Farewell Hyrule King - This is the hardest decision for me of all of the games. I love so many of the Wind Waker themes so much, but if I'm only to name one, it would have to be this beautiful interpretation of the Hyrule Castle theme from A Link to the Past. I also play this on piano a lot.

Four Swords Adventures; Lake Hylia - This is the song I remember the most from playing through this game so many years ago.

Minish Cap; Dark Hyrule Castle - I've always been a big fan of the original Hyrule Castle theme in A Link to the Past. This is a nice spin off of it. This also was a tough decision - the runner up being the Hyrule Town theme.

Twilight Princess; Hyrule Field Theme - I have to argue that this is the best overworld theme for any Zelda game out there. I don't know what it is about it, but it's awesome. It gives that feeling of badassery.

Phantom Hourglass; The Great Sea - This is the one I remember the most from my play through a few years ago. I was never really a fan of the DS games, but this song I do remember from the game.

Spirit Tracks; Overworld - As I said before, I'm not much of a fan of the DS Zelda games, but this song echoes in my memory of this game. It's quite a nice theme and fits the train stuff very well.

9. Default

Hmm I haven't looked at anything Skyward Sword related because I don't like to be spoiled.
    While I love Zelda games I was a bit tired of the lack of difficulty. God forbid you should die to a boss. I'm pretty sure it took me one try to beat Ganondorf in TP. Like..no. That shouldn't happen.
    Glad to hear Skyward should be more difficult. It's what I've needed in these past Zelda games. And Majora's Mask tier sidequests? YESPLEASE.

10. Default

Annnd the video links for the concert have been taken down. I would have assumed as much, and knew that uploading to youtube would be a bad idea in the first place. I'll have mine up sometime later this week assuming anyone still wants to listen to it. There's a bit of rustling and static here and there, but still sounds pretty good.

EDIT: I haven't looked up too much for the sake of spoilers myself, but from the demo, I can say one thing. The villain is diamonds.

11. Default

Luckily I was able to check out most of the symphony before they were being removed. Can't wait for the CD.

As for songs; I'm too lazy to go through all of the games, but some favorites that come to mind are Song of Healing, Sailing in Wind Waker (original, and Ganondorf version), and some of the boss themes from the N64 games.

12. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

pineapple you mark, i've been dodging this game and all info possible just to not be hyped, and this pineappleing thread just blew that up.

>Load-o-sidequests
    >1:1
    >flying birds
    >zelda game
    >forge.

simply pineapple you.

13. Default

My body is more than ready. First god damned Wii game that I've wanted in the past 2 years.

14. Default

Is it too late to pre-order the bundle?

15. Default

Love the Gerudo Desert theme in Ocarina of Time. The acoustic guitar, midi trumpets, and that percussion easily make it one of my favorite themes. Hyrule Field in Twilight Princess is another favorite of mine also.

16. Default

>See thread about Skyward Sword
    >Want to avoid information about it
    >Go in anyway

???

17. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Thread title nor the text leading up to specific details aren't at all indicative of said details being spoiled.

Regardless though, zelda games always go above and beyond any amount of hype that could possibly be generated so shinku shouldn't be legitimately angry.

18. Default

How about no? What else would a thread about THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: SKYWARD SWORD contain? He goofed bad and it was his own damn fault.

Now post some freaking Zelda.

19. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

>thread says "less than a month to go"
    >go in expecting to read the date of release in the first post, with huge doses of non/slight-spoilering "DO WANT"
    >SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE.
    >no date of release anywhere.

you tricked me and you know it.