View Poll Results: Is it fair yet?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • I WAS compensated and AM satisfied with my remuneration.

10 18.87%
  • I was NOT compensated but AM satisfied people were fairly remunerated.

14 26.42%
  • I WAS compensated and am NOT satisfied that fair remuneration was given.

7 13.21%
  • I was NOT compensated and do NOT believe people were adequetely remunerated.

22 41.51%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

I've been lucky enough to avoid being hacked, but would I be happy with this compensation? No.

Granted, nobodies equip set is the same, but trying to ballpark it by giving everyone the same reward is only going to do one of two things

a) Massively undershoot on the value of equips lost = unhappy
    b) Overshoot on the value of equips = happier? I suppose.

I just don't believe that a clean level 120 set could put enough people in group (b) to warrant this being an adequate choice. If they were giving out the equips with all 60%s passed (but only tradeable within the account) + hidden potential? Yeah, maybe. Still doesn't deal with the possibility that you had more than one character, seeing as you only get 1 package,

2. Default

Interesting. 15 to 15 now.

A lot closer than before the NX was added.

3. Default

My guess is that while the NX might not replace the items lost from hacking, it's good enough to hype some players to start playing again.

"Oh, I got 30k NX all of sudden, wonder what should I do? Maybe I'll buy this and that, seems fun, I'll play again MS..."

Good move Nexon.

I dislike it, but good move.

4. Default

And still unable to vote as I have not received anything yet. I do hope that response was one to a ticket rather than an announcement indicating they were done. But then again, I shouldn't hold my breath.

5. Default

I WAS compensated and am NOT satisfied that fair remuneration was given. I dont know how anyone can be satisfied.

Even though my hacked account lost only a couple K NX some noob stuff and a few maple weapons I am not satisfied with the crappy clean lv 30 equips, 50 power elixers and 3 untradeable glove atk scrolls and 3 potential scrolls and 25kNX/5MP.

Maybe if I got 25kNX/5MP for every month it has taken them to get around to compensating people I might be happy. I'll never play this account again so anything bound to the account is useless as is not being able to put the NX/MP on an account I choose.

6. Default

Compensated, not satisfied, but nice bribing effort.

7. Default

Sheer scale of difference between the victims, really.

That's why I wanted to see the difference between the poll now from before, because it moved the needle but the overwhelming question is how much.

The goal of a compensation program like this is to find the middle ground between those hurt least and those hurt worst.
    It seems like they may have actually found it, since the majority of people still upset are those who've had significant or near irreplaceable damage done.

8. Default

I do admit the 30k nx makes the compensation slightly less insulting, but still far from fair.

9. Default

For my own account, I found the compensation to be worth more than what I had (dirty self name tagged Blackfist Cloak and a couple of weak % STR equipment) and I'm enjoying the 30k NX..

However, this doesn't get past the fact that the hackers could hack us again (but then again, what could Nexon do to prevent it?) or the multiple characters..

Considering they gave us 30K NX (assuming a large number of people were hacked) it's good. Also considering a good majority of the population don't have assets near equal to what the compensation's worth.. But then again, there are so many things that are flawed with it...

10. Default

I wonder what I did to nexon to get special treatment.

11. Default

So do we all.

12. Default

As far as a blanket compensation package goes, I thought it was fine. I was honestly expecting clean level 80 gear. This type of situation should only be deal with on a case-by-case basis. It is impossible to hope to please everyone with something like this, and I hope Nexon hadn't honestly believed they were doing anyone but the poor any kind of favor here.
    What I really want is word that this won't happen again, but Nexon auto-closed my ticket as soon as I started asking questions about their game plan. If this poll were on the service these gooks provide, or don't, I'd definitely be on the negative side of the fence, but it isn't.

13. Default

I lost 10ish set of illibi (was 16m, now dirt cheap)
    a b.fury (was expensive but not exactly know how)
    a dexless raven claw (with the release of vip and new maple claws, deflated as well)

for me, at this deflation rate, and as i am an super lazy a** not FM regularly, if I got compensated, I would be very happy

14. Default

Checking back on what I said - I actually think this compensation is somewhat fair..

I mean, the hackers could always come back to hack us again, with whatever was in the package. God forbid they did - but if they did, then anything that was in the package could be seen in the markets (well, they sort of are now i.e. useless timeless weapons) more often.

Not too sure about this, but considering their position and what the hackers could do, I'm content with it. However, knowing that the hackers could come back anytime (although I've yet to see a case of this) I'm hesitant to go back on the game knowing it could all go to ashes.

15. Default

Just checked the account where my old marksman was deleted - logged on my level 9 mule and got the hacking compensation popup.
    I clicked yes to receive, have sufficient space, but I never got anything. I did recieve the NX, though.

Is it because it's a level 9 character? Or has anyone else not gotten the package after clicking yes? (I've tried relogging - no go).
    I haven't really been reading all of the posts, so if I missed it while skimming, I apologize.

16. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

Yea its lvled base. think they have a package for 50-70? and 120-200

17. Default

Wonderful. Hit harder = less compensation.
    Guess I'll log a ticket and wait a year to get a set of lvl 10 gear.

18. Default

Little known fact, but I managed to get myself hacked by a very capable and egotistical hacker on my home server, who was quite infamous. However, Nexon gave him plenty of help through their own security holes at the time. Due to nexon's negligence, not only did I lose a lot of valuable stuff I didn't particularly care for, but a year later I lost the account as well, when the 'change email' feature was added and I wasn't informed of it.

Anyway, here's why you might care: I ticketed Nexon on a side account and shouted and raged at them for losing my account and not telling me they added a 'change email' feature when I asked and re-asked them to change my email a year ago, and they decided to compensate the side account of mine, or at least that's what the emails have said. I don't have any Nexon games up-to-date (used to play Vindictus), but I assume the package will be offered to me on my new account, and I'll have that 25k NX to use on other games without fear of re-hackification. Ticketing Nexon on another account if you've lost your main one and has sent a ticket there previously, might work.

Also since my highest level character on the account is probably in his 30s I'm not expecting anything good from that package when my main was 192, and it's unlikely that they would have restored my year-and-a-half networth. Still, considering my expectations were 0, 25k nx isn't too bad on a safe account. The way I see it, it's a free 25k nx at this point. Do I feel compensated? No, but I do feel a bit of closure and have a chance to enjoy a different Nexon game for a bit.

19. Default

End results here come to 28 think it's fair now 29 don't. That's pretty close to 50/50 when before it was 33/66.

Phrasing these results from various perspectives;

Sum of VolumeSatisfiedSatisfied 
    HackedAmNotGrand Total
    Not26.42%41.51%67.92%
    Was18.87%13.21%32.08%
    Grand Total45.28%54.72%100.00%

So;

Satisfied Overall45%
    Dissatisfied Overall55%
    % of Satisfied people hacked59%
    % of Dissatisfied people hacked82%