View Poll Results: Was the compensation fair?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • I WAS compensated and AM satisfied with my remuneration.

3 5.17%
  • I was NOT compensated but AM satisfied people were fairly remunerated.

10 17.24%
  • I WAS compensated and am NOT satisfied that fair remuneration was given.

11 18.97%
  • I was NOT compensated and do NOT believe people were adequetely remunerated.

34 58.62%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Was the Compensation Fair?

2. Default

No, of course not. It's a constant compensation package for all players, which assumes that they've all lost equal amounts in being hacked.
    It should be adapted not only by player level, but by the player's net meso and nx value.
    Not that I know how that can be done.

I didn't know there was a poll either. Nothing showed for me.

3. Default

Possibly make this into a poll?
    Just sayin'.
    OT: lolnope. Not at all.
    It's expected but not even close to fair.
    If that was the compensation I got, I would lose probably 10k off my range. On another note, still have not gotten compensation for getting hacked on my pally.
    Using pyrope sword and empress equips.

4. Default

It helps to wait for the poll to post. The threads shows up while the poll is still being filled out.

5. Default

Voting on behalf of two others for a 'no'.

My brother's Drk easily lost tens of billions in equipment that he created himself.

6. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

For most of the people I believe the compensation was fair. Perhaps not for a small % with lots of billions, but overall from the people I know, the compensation was pretty good.

Some of my friend were even excited for having something.

7. Default

I did not know that.
    It seemed that there simply was no poll.
    I assumed you had either misclicked or forgotten.

8. Default

People voting "I was NOT compensated but AM satisfied people were fairly remunerated." need to be beat over the head with a nice dose of reasoning and math.

9. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

I gave my reason and most of my friends are happy with it. Should I still beat my head?

10. Default

It's nice to see where the schism between reality and delusion is, that's why I made all four options.

If your friends are dumber than stumps, have played less than two years, or have never reached 4th job, yes.

11. Default

Eos and his $9,000.00+ spending of Nx in one year's time got the same compensation as Jimmy the level 161 bishop who was using clean 98 equips.

12. Default

I am a bit disappointed that they decided to shower me with timeless and reverse weapons when I already have a perfectly good VIP bow, as well as reverse armor. However, the BFC cape was a nice touch since, if all goes well, I could sell it and gain more than I lost.

Though I am not completely satisfied, and would have much preferred 140 gear, I will say that I'm also not too entirely disappointed. It is Nexon we're dealing with, after all.

13. Default

I just read that option as "I'm a tool".

Yes.
    Though it would be more efficient if you and your friends just beat each other.

14. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

You know what it may not be enough for you who spent a crap ton on the game, but their are a few out their that can actually use that gear. Their are some maplers who were hacked and they were already dirt poor. Trying to save up for reverse gear that attack cape etc

If the care package was actually a set that included a perfect weapon for your class 21% all stats of each piece of armor. Then you will have those who spent $500+ on cubes and gear complaining that its not fair. Also lets not forget those that will try to claim they got hacked and didnt get said gear. What should nexon do? Take their word for it? Then next thing you know everyone and their mothers has perfect gear. Then what will be the point of playing? Will you want all the money you threw at the game back because nexon decided to give it all out in one care package?

Imo nexon shouldn't even have given out a care package. If they cant handle all the hacking problems case by case then their is no point. Cause no one will be satisfied with what nexon gives out, but the ones that are actually grateful that they got something.

Those that got the care package and not satisfied with it why whine about it? After you got hacked was it actually set in your mind that you was going to get all said hacked items back going off past hacking epidemics? You know how nexon handle the situations you know what to expect why did you get your hopes up? Also dont bring up how they compensated for different games because last time i checked this is maplestory. The way they handle those games hacking problems is different from maple. Those tools/methods are already implemented for those games.

15. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

Not everyone wastes their money on this game. My friends have played the game for 2-3 years and used a small amount of nexon so far (Less than $300).

Anyway, I'm happy they at least got something. Greedy people will be greedy.

16. Default

You're calling his expectations of being compensated fairly "greed"?

Amusing.

17. Default

Please, explain to me in your vast wisdom how someone who has been robbed expecting the authorities to return to them what was taken is "greedy"?

The only greedy people I am aware of are the ones who violated hundreds if not thousands of accounts to satiate their own desires for other people's valuables.

Because, following the logical hypothesis that Nexon truly wants tor recompense their players who were impacted by a hacking epidemic that they couldn't defend themselves from it's only logical to provide the company with feedback on the effectiveness and reasonableness of their "solution" to help them calibrate it to more effectively achieve the stated purpose.

tldr; If this was a good will effort by them, they need to know how well or poorly it worked.

18. Default

Oh my stars and garters. Street is defending Nexon's decision.
    Never more have I been more shocked and surprised.
    The intensity of my disbelief cannot be expressed in words.
    This is a totally unprecedented and unpredictable turn of events.

I'm not sure you know what the word "greedy" means.

19. Default

Yes 100 power elixers and equipment that is average, can't be sold, can't be traded and frankly is inferior to majority to all items. Complete reimbursement? No. Items that we can't even use without putting a shyt ton of nx into something that is by default inferior, inexusable. In fact I would argue it was WORSE they offered this compensation because thats the end of it. You're givin 12 items that don't benefit your character to anymore than just taking your time to farm mesos with a weak weapon and makering something that is 10x better. FFS they couldn't even give us untradeable 100% potential scrolls lmfao

20. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

Yea the equipment is average to YOU not to others. The problems here is trying to push your expectations. Nexon didnt live up to your expectation of what you should have gotten back. This is nothing new to half of you guys anyone nexon always FAIL in your eyes so why are you guys ever so shocked that they have "failed" again?

@eos their are those that will be pretty happy with what they got and those that wont. Its a hit and miss with this. Again back to what i said earlier nexon should have not done this care package