View Poll Results: Was the compensation fair?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • I WAS compensated and AM satisfied with my remuneration.

3 5.17%
  • I was NOT compensated but AM satisfied people were fairly remunerated.

10 17.24%
  • I WAS compensated and am NOT satisfied that fair remuneration was given.

11 18.97%
  • I was NOT compensated and do NOT believe people were adequetely remunerated.

34 58.62%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default

There are good reasons why reparations aren't usually distributed to classes of people rather than individuals. And you're seeing them here.

2. Default

Why exactly not?

Really? Then explain the aforementioned emails that indicated the opposite.

That's some beautiful rationalization you don't have there.
    Here's mine:
    Should Nexon suffer a great loss of its paying customer base, profits will fall.
    Similarly, such a grand profit scale provides plenty of funds that can be reinvested in the company through such efforts such as customer support.

Sandwich waffle parrot monkey corn.

I'm not being aggressive because your opinion differs; I'm being aggressive because your opinion is wrong and has been proven thusly, but you insist on presenting it as if there is any truth therewithin.

Yes, opinions can be wrong, despite what you may have heard on other forums scattered throughout the interwebs.
    A thought is not validated simply by a person thinking it.

If I were to believe with all my heart and soul that gerbils were the deadliest predator of the Serengeti, my thinking that wouldn't and shouldn't protect me from the facts brought forward by others should I choose to present it as an alternative viewpoint.

Basically, if you don't like people disagreeing with you and disrupting the vision of the world that you have constructed for yourself, then you shouldn't verbalize your thoughts.
    If you do verbalize them, you should do so with an open mind that won't automatically dismiss anything that contradicts what you have said.

3. Default

I concur.

4. Default

I think, for a blanket compensation, it was adequate. A lot of people didn't break even. A lot of people did. It is a complete error to assume all the hackings that have occured in the history of Maple were nexon's fault. Between it being all nexon's fault and all the player's fault, there is no clear, distinct, proveable line anywhere in there. It is ALL speculation. To argue against that is, simply, bias.

5. Default

just posting to say I recently received compensation, having been hacked and losing not only some stars and a modestly scrolled maple claw (from the first anniversary, not that it matters) but a level 51 brawler with MUCH better stuff, scrolled well.

What did I get when I logged on my brawler? Level 30 items. 3 GFA. 50 power elixirs. white maple bandanna. 3 adv pot.

WOW THAT WILL HELP SO MUCH EDGODHTFJDOGKFWOWIEEEEE

No, it's not even close to the value of my items. Well, no pomegranate it's not, LEVEL 30 EQUIPS WITH NOTHING ON THEM. WHOA LIGHTNING EARRINGS

6. Default

So where do I fit into this poll? The way I understand it, those "not compensated" are the ones who weren't even hacked giving their input. I was hacked, but never received a response to my ticket or the compensation package.

I'm actually curious what the response would be if someone should "disrupt" their servers as the localized power outage has already shown they have all their eggs in one basket so to speak. Exception being El Nido of course. I'd really like to know what they would call fair compensation for the loss of ALL server data.

Been playing at a relatively pleasant pace for just over 6 years now, and I can't say I've ever held that much pure (unless you count 8 first 17th day rings), never bothered investing in the scam of cubes, and I have in fact made use of as many event items as possible. Even in the event I'm able to sell these items to account for 480 mil, ring, belt, and chair losses, I still do NOT consider this appropriate compensation. I'm not drooling and accepting what's been presented.

It's not a matter of value to me; it's a matter of concept. I want a guarantee of security, the very items I invested my time of the past on, AND something for the time and stress that has been inflicted from the point of loss. The value of things have changed drastically over the years anyway, the effort and time I put in to gain what I had is not the same as what it would take now. Just getting a clean carbon copy and "starting over" wouldn't have the same meaning to me as just getting the same items even if I did wind up with something better.

Now I don't begin to argue that my losses were near the level of many here; I had blown my weapon up a while beforehand and my regular gear was so crappy the hacker didn't want it. But that doesn't change the principal; if they want me to return, things cannot remain as they are now. I have already put up with too much to lower my expectations and stance on the matter. Guild hacks, ignored PQ exploits, security outbreak ECKO, time lost to old monsterbook then replaced by cheap knockoff, years of archer skill dc issues, friends long gone; and plenty more I'm sure. There's just no more room for excuses if they want my time. And that's all they would get from me even if they did this right. I still wouldn't be willing to give them money for this shoddy service.

And let me say something else, I had a backup identical ring elsewhere, and the PVP belt laying around, so even with my losses, my damage was not all that affected. But again, just because I can restart easier than some, doesn't mean I owe NEXON my time until they can be held accountable for their incompetence in a manner that does not insult the consumer.

7. Default

Same here, I put myself in the 4th category.

8. Default

Uh actually Nexon gave many of us 25k prepaid NX when items disappeared from hired merchants earlier this summer. They can give NX lol -______-

Anyways I'm in the category of those who lost way more than the compensation. A few clean items is not equivalent to what I earned from thousands of hours of legit merchanting.

9. Default

Nexon doesn't really care about their players or their accounts security. However, despite MapleStory slowing dying in terms of economy, game balance and account security, people STILL spend a pomegranateload of money into a broken F2P game, making it even more broken.

As long maplers are buying NX and making Nexon even more richer, they simply has no reason to improve the game at all, it's just too much effort for them. That's what we get for spending our money unwisely (is it wise to spend so much money on a F2P game ran by a company with poor account security/anti-hacking measures and horrible customer support?).

I wouldn't be surprised if Nexon actually decided to implement a system where you have to PAY to get all your hacked equipment back. The fact is, unless we can somehow unite the whole MapleStory community and stop buying NX until Nexon fixes the game, we should enjoy the fact we actually got ANYTHING at all for free.

Anyways, the compensation is unfair. No doubt on that. I'm pretty sure hackers were looking for people with items worth far more than the items Nexon gave us.

10. Default

You are being even more condescending than this compensation was.

"Proof" based off of one single person in a horde of thousands who are enraged at this farce of a "care package".

Many people (that are knowledgeable in the workings of event logs, dBs, and business continuity practices) said it in the last thread, and I'll say it again here; it would be easier for them to simply go case by case and restore everything to every single person hacked than to do the things they have done. And thats saying a LOT, considering the sheer number of people screwed by this. Once you fully understand that and the reason WHY that is the case, suddenly it is obvious that they are going far, FAR out of their way to dissatisfy the customer. See below.

Keyword is customers. They love to satisfy POTENTIAL customers, but once you buy something from them, you are as good as dead to them; they've already got what they want out of you.

Why is this their business model? I have no pineappleing idea. Does it work in the long run? NO. Is it likely that they are run by the same sort of people that ran the global economy into the ground? Absolutely. Gotta love the logical stylings of the bourgeoisie.

11. Default

I wish Nexon had handle this differently. I was hacked back in the dec. '09 hackings on a side account, I lost 450m worth the items and mesos as well as my Yellow Maple Bandana from '06. The highest level on it was my Guild mule leader (and old CPQ mule) it was lv 50, I got a bunch of equipment from lv 20-35 and 3 GFMA 60's. my friend whose lv 121 and lost only his 2 atk cape and 5 atk WGs 4 months ago got the huge package and has already made back 3b. And I'm sure the people who have lost more then 10b are even more upset. I give Nexon credit for trying... but they took the lazy way out of trying to help.

12. Default

I actually just received 25k NX and 5k Maple Points from this server check. Anyone else get this?

13. Default

i got 25k prepaid and 5k maple pts on my frnds acct that was hacked in 2010 ;x

14. Default

And now I'm satisfied.

I strongly suspect they added this after the complaints though, not as part of the original plan, but we will never know as they're likely to claim to have intended to do it in the next server check anyway, even though they had to have a server check set aside just for the original compensation.

15. Default

Seems like they're actually TRYING a bit harder this time....still wish they'd just do this case by case, however.

16. Default

Yeah I would change my vote now.

After almost 2 years of waiting I am finally satisfied with their response.

17. Default

New version of this thread for a before/after - http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=50072