View Poll Results: Was the compensation fair?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • I WAS compensated and AM satisfied with my remuneration.

3 5.17%
  • I was NOT compensated but AM satisfied people were fairly remunerated.

10 17.24%
  • I WAS compensated and am NOT satisfied that fair remuneration was given.

11 18.97%
  • I was NOT compensated and do NOT believe people were adequetely remunerated.

34 58.62%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

I actually laughed out loud when I found out the Potential scrolls my brother got were Advanced Potential Scrolls.
    Seriously, we literally just ended an event that was farting 100% Potential Scrolls, but Nexon seems to think that giving away a few more would be too much?

Woahwoahwoah.
    Who said that they were shocked?
    I want you to quote someone.

You can have low expectations and still be dissatisfied.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

It's rather hard to give a fair answer to this. As said before, this compensation is total pomegranate for most players who got hacked, but then you have to realize there's a very small group who had nothing to their account, so they either got more than they had or they averaged out.

3. Default

The value of timeless and reverse gear dropped, at least in my opinion, with the release of the 130 and 140 gear.

So no, it isn't average to ONLY Dustin, it's average to the whole maple community.

4. Default

It's too late now, but I should warn you that "greedy" is one of the worst possible words you could have used there.

The point isn't "I want more more more!" it's that the package is worth a certain amount of mesos. Let's say 2 bil.
    Everybody who lost an amount less than or equal to that is happy and fairly compensated.
    Everybody who lost MORE than that was NOT fairly compensated. An understanding of "compensation" is integral to seeing how this is unfair to wealthier players. Blame them if you will for investing more in the game than others, it doesn't make it any less fair for them to be short changed this way.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

The value may have dropped, but the accessibility compared to the two groups is more in favor of the reverse / timeless gear, since the 130 gear is a peach to make and the 140 gear requires a GOOD group of people.

6. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

I'm just stating my opinion. I'm satisfied, along with some of my friends, of what they got.

Some people lost billions of mesos and items during this past years, most of them quit, some of them stayed and worked to get back what they lost.

Most of the people I play with don't have items worth of billions, we mostly get equips from events or untreadables, etc. Stuff easy to get or make. (PVP for the sets).

Nexon actually gave compensation to people that lost stuff. I find that to be better than anything, and if Nexon decides to give more, then even better.

If you got hacked, quit, or continue to get your equips again. It's not like they will be back with magic. You guys want items or meso to compensate your loss. But with the amount of people hacked by this day, Nexon would be unable to compensate all of them their loss. Perhaps one day they will slowly compensate each one. But for now, this is good enough.

I'm not saying I'm a wiseman, have lots of wisdom, etc. If you make a poll and see if people are satisfied, do you really need to bash their opinions?

You guys went from quitting maple ---> expect compensation ---> actual compensation. Don't tell me you ALWAYS hoped for Nexon to actually return you anything.

7. Default

Thank you!

Now we can stop pretending that 'average' is subjective.

High accessibility is exactly what makes them 'average'.

Just by messing around in the ToT, I could make everything but the weapon or the weapon and one piece of armor.

8. Default

Okay let me explain why I'm angry. I was givin the following, all reverse mind you

Two handed mace
    Two handed sword
    One handed mace
    One handed sword
    Pole arm (speed 8)
    Spear (speed 7)

Explain to me, as a dark knight, why am I compensated with untradeable items that I can't even use. Sure the spear and pole arm are weapons I can use, but there are far more options for better weapons than that garbage, unscrolled or not. Then explain why I'm giving 90% advanced scrolls instead of 100%, further RISKING my equipment I was supposedly compensated to get me started.

A company's apology shouldn't be "heres the bare minimum, by the way you just have to gamble what you received to ya know, make it remotely useful".

We all expected it, but are dissapointed by it. It's annoying when players call us "ungrateful" when they make us wait for a year to give us bare minimum pomegranate. All I really got compensated was no more fu`ckin spam mail.

9. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

Did you see what you just said "in my opinion" that is your opinion. Your opinion nor whoever dustin does not voice the whole maple maple community.

Their are those who still believe skandas are the best claws for dexless thieves. Also lets not get in to level 130 and 140 gear only those that have at least 10bil+ can afford to buy those. Only a handful of elites have those items. So in my opinion timeless gear is what those who dont have 10 bil or even close to a bil aim for.

10. Default

Asking you to explain your insulting choice of words is hardly bashing your opinion.

11. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

Fine. I'm sorry if I offended anyone by stating you were greedy people. I should have explained more why I believe the compensation is fair to the most of us. I think I already did in my previous post. Again, sorry.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Maybe for the 140 gear, but the 130 gear is far from the billions, ASSUMING you make it yourself. If you mean buying the completed product, then I'll agree. The recipes aren't that expensive, because people are too lazyass to even bother trying to get the mats to create the item, so they go unsold and the price drops.

13. Default

For the love of God, man. You've typo'd "there" at least three times now. I understand if you're anxious to reply, but seriously.

And if we're going to take that route, your opinion does not voice for the whole of the maple community, either.

@ Eliseo - It's nice to see that your friends probably gained more with this compensation than they lost and that they, and you, are happy. Really, congratulations, you didn't get the short stick. You may also want to be careful when you're generalizing.

@ Dark Link - Fair enough. Viaje put it nicely, however.

14. Default

Then what exactly did they lose?

False.
    For some of those hacked, they have received no compensation for years.
    That is certainly plenty of time to review their cases and compensate adequately.

False presumption.
    They've made it fairly clear that this is all they intend to ever do.

Gotta point out that the Reverse equipment is tradeable until equipped.

Making them, by all definitions, 'average'.
    I love when people argue against themselves.

15. Default

Why was I compensated items that I cannot use nor sell? This isn't standards this is common sense. They gave me a weapon I blew up because they gave me potential scrolls that held a risk. They asked me to gamble away WHAT I JUST GAINED FROM THEIR INCOMPETENCE. SERIOUSLY!? How can you even begin to justify that. HUMOR me.

@viaje

Got me there S> 2 HANDED REVERSE MACE, OFFER?!

16. Default

Some of the people that posted their compensation packages on basil stated that nexon overdid
    it with 2 reverse/2 timeless weapons. Mage packages even had 3rd tier mage shields (3rd/last)
    which alone is 700+ mil so its a good start for those who had little to begin with.

On the other hand you have those who lost billions and this doesn't cover it for them.

Still, I'm glad that nexon at least tried to compensate the players who were hacked.

17. Desk Straight Male
    mexico

They lost the only thing we have that is actually worth anything. Weapons and scrolls. Mostly purple surfboards, claws,etc. And some white, pink, GM scrolls.
    With PVP, getting the rest part of our equipment is quite simple. Rising Sun set is a joke to get now, along with the lvl 130 items. Even easier than to farm all day for PoT.

And on the second, what I was trying to say is that they (Nexon) just recently decided to give compensation. Yes, they had years to give you anything, but it's not a process that can be done from one day to the other, specially with people now sending tickets because they want to make easy meso with the compensation ticket without being hacked.

Edit: Do you actually believe everything Nexon says to the letter? This is the first step Nexon makes in giving compensation to this many players.

18. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

They were just going off your class for the package reason you got all those WARRIOR items. You are a warrior right? Cant believe you didnt put two and two together.

This is nexon apology stop comparing them to other companies apology. The deed has been done. Your screaming fuuuuuuuuuu at the screeen is not going to get you a better care package. In life their are disappointments and this is just one of them you can add to your list. I'm not calling anyone ungrateful i believe those hacked shouldn't have gotten the care package. If those that are hacked cant be dealt with one by one no point in doing anything.

Ah this is what i have been saying from the start of the thread. Here is my proof

19. Default

It's called feedback.
    If I recall correctly, they asked for it.

20. Default

Sounds to me like the only reason they made a 'profit' is because of the cape.
    A couple GM Scrolls should easily be worth all the Reverse items given out.

False.
    They recently decided on this compensation, but one of my brothers has been getting emails for years that promised an upcoming compensation.

So they've clearly been ignoring the issue for years in which they could have been working on a case-by-case basis.

And, guess what? The only reason people are trying to exploit this compensation is because it clearly is a generic compensation. If it were case-by-case, fake claims would quickly be thrown out.