Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default The Kingdom of Loathing

Anybody else here play this game?
    I've been playing for around 5 or 6 years now, on and off, and i still enjoy it.

It's got a lot of heart for a text based game, and it's also incredibly funny (and random) at times, with a lot of cultural references and some in-jokes too (like the number 11, it's so ridiculous its not even funny)

I haven't really gotten into the multiplayer or competitive aspects of the game, but it seems really good from what i've seen.

It's worth a try if you are looking for something a little different.

2. Default Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

*points to sig*

I used KoLMafia to get me through each day though. Please don't hate me. ):

3. Default Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

I played it off and on, but the fact that your account gets deleted after 60 days of inactivity is a real bummer.

So... I don't play it anymore.

4. Default Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

Accounts that have a Mr. A or stuff bought with Mr. As are immune to that rule.

5. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    uk

Default Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

Only 2 ascensions and you are cheating already D: (only kidding heh, what does KoLMafia do? i've heard about it but don't know any specifics)

11 ascensions and counting, no cheats yet (though i did use some minor greasemonkey scripts for a short while)

My class won't show up, because i'm trying out the new class released yesterday, Avatar of Boris.

I could have a lot more ascensions, but i used to play more casually, only recently have i started speed-running ascensions.

6. Default Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

I wanted to try the new challenge too. ): It had to come on the day after I ascended to a Disco Bandit.

And I'm in the same boat as you. I used to play really casually, but now I'm trying to get into the groove of speedrunning ascensions. And I use KoLmafia to semi-automate the process of playing (saving me time and mouse clicks from doing repetitive stuff over and over). And before you go say that I'm hacking... it is perfectly legal to use with the game as declared by KoL staff. It's how the buffbots like Noblisse Oblige work with.

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

heh, don't worry i wasn't calling you a hacker.
    Something like that would be really useful actually, especially for tedious crap like the level 12 quest (the war)

I had actually gotten my Seal Clubber to level 15 when the new class came out, i couldn't be bothered doing the level 12 and 13 quests so i just reset the ascension and returned to Valhalla.
    I'm liking the new class so far, especially the "Demand Sandwich" ability, which lets you summon awesome level sandwiches which give around 12 adventures for only 3 fullness cost. and the fact that the character automatically has a limit of 20 fullness (25 with the class skill, 30 with the stomach of steel) means you can get a LOT of adventures just from eating food (even crappy ones, since you have a food buffing skill)

8. Default Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

Oh, here's this thread again.

*points to left and to sig*

This stopped in 2007 or 2008. Accounts aren't deleted anymore, so go ahead and come back! The game is... very different now. ;)

9. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

When was the last KOL thread posted? i don't remember seeing one :P

Wow. 37 ascensions. I bet you have a lot of perm skills.

10. Default Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

Quite a while ago.

No, not really. Here's my BCC profile.

Also, KoL Mafia is a program that helps you burn through your turns more efficiently each day, and keeps track of stuff for you. It's not really cheating, especially if you play like I do (launch Mafia, play through browser as normal). But yeah, it's much more tailored to people who have had experience with the game already, because it's overwhelming to say the least.

11. Default Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

Not even that. Plus, I don't spend money on games anyways, unless what I'm buying is really good. This falls drastically short of my expectations.

oic. Well, I have a ton on my plate already, so it's unlikely that I'll come back anyways =/

12. Default Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

The devs are totally cool with KoLmafia. KoL is very much about the writing and the humor, so once you've played through something 10 times, you're going to know exactly what to do and the jokes won't be funny any more. At that point the replay value comes from getting better at the game and unlocking more skills, equipment, etc. You have a limited amount of turns per day, anyway, and it doesn't stress the servers too much, so it's not like botting has any negative consequences.

I'm FieryMyst (#1395344). I had an account with a 6 digit ID but it got deleted a long time ago. Haven't played recently.

13. Default Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

I suppose I should pop in and say that I play too. I am in an odd spot where I have tons of resources at my disposal, know a number of especially "powerful" (and really chill and cool, seriously) people and have been playing the game for as long as my ID# implies, and yet I'm very very lazy and rarely actually ascend. Though, the challenge paths have brought me back after an extended hiatus.

Send a message to Random Guy and I'll send a smile of the Mr. A your way. If anyone wants any particular donations for stuff, I can probably swing that too, time willing.

If you want to see a really crazy ascender with an equally crazy storage, look up Ercassendil who's in the same clan as me.

14. Default Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

Tempting offer. I don't suppose you have the entire Time Trappings outfit, do you? *trollface*