View Poll Results: Will you be buying a PS Vita?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I will be buying the WiFi version at launch ($250)

11 28.21%
  • Yes, I will be buying the 3G version at launch ($300)

3 7.69%
  • Yes, but I will wait for the price to drop

10 25.64%
  • Yes, I want to buy it second hand and cheap

2 5.13%
  • I have no intention of buying a PS Vita

13 33.33%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default Re: PS Vita now with NA getting screwed hard.

Yup, I'm not getting one anymore after hearing about this earlier today. Good job Sony, just lost out on a lot of money.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: PS Vita now with NA getting screwed hard.

Welp...so much for getting a Vita...

3. Default Re: PS Vita now with NA getting screwed hard.

Good thing I never bought the PSP. I am considering the Vita and as long as I can d load PSP games I am satisfied. But why is this such an issue? If you have PSP games you have a PSP (or are retarded), is it really that important to have it on the new console too?

4. Default Re: PS Vita now with NA getting screwed hard.

Yes. Backwards compatibility is a standard set by gaming companies that they are now obligated to fulfill because we know they can and honestly there's no reason not to. The Vita has the ability to play PSP games in digital form but this is basically sony saying "hey if you want to play it on your vita BUY IT AGAIN AT FULL PRICE" which is a huge slap in the face. Granted, there was a small surcharge with the passport program but that was to keep people from handing out their PSN accounts for people to download games for free.

Being able to play all of your games on a single handheld is a huge plus. It's basically the reason FOR handhelds. Convenience. Sony has taken away a lot of that convenience in this move. And as far as I can see there's not even a good reason for it unless they intend to create a newer version of the passport program that will allow people to transfer their games for free.

5. Default Re: PS Vita now with NA getting screwed hard.

If not even USA is getting the passport program, it's probably gonna be Japan-exclusive.

I'm keeping my PSP anyway, so this doesn't affect me all that much.

6. Default Re: PS Vita now with NA getting screwed hard.

But the Vita was not even backwards compatible to begin with, so even if it is ugly they won't give disscounts, it is hardly a deal breaker. Also, I am guessing your harddrive would not support all that many games, so having them all on one console won't work. Granted, I don't know how big the Vita drive is.

7. Default Re: PS Vita now with NA getting screwed hard.

Isn't it as big as you want it to be? You know, those memory cards a PSP uses.

8. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

The new memory card is a propietary format.

Also, I don't know you're complaining so much. Square, Konami amd Capcom are not in the UMD passport thing in Japan, and probably not here even if we had the UMD thing.

I do despise them for the propietary card format. THAT is retarded.

9. Default Re: PS Vita now with NA getting screwed hard.

I used to use my PSP as a replacement for an ipod because you couldn't play games on an ipod but you could download music onto a PSP . I'm definitely getting one of these to play on after I get out of boot camp.

10. Default Re: PS Vita now with NA getting screwed hard.

The proprietary card is a bit of a kick in the balls. If it was SD I would have to buy a new one anyway, it just means it couldn’t be used elsewhere, which is a slight drawback.

The real problem with the cards is the ridiculous pricing for them. Completely unjustifiable, but it is Sony I suppose.

11. Default Re: PS Vita now with NA getting screwed hard.

I got to play my cousin's Vita today and...

Gat damn this is one slick piece of hardware. It's light and mostly comfortable. Had issues with my fingers always being on the back touch pad but eh. The analog sticks are weird because they're ACTUAL tiny analog sticks and not nubs. I definitely prefer the 3DS's sliders. The UI is gorgeous and incredibly responsive, as well.

Unfortunately, the current and future software line-up is horrible.

12. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

So... My roommate bought the Vita yesterday. I find the PSN PSP games line-up kinda sad. Other than that, OH MY GOD you are an amazing handheld. The finger placement is kinda weird at first, but then it gets a lot better after positioning your fingers for a while. The rubber dual-shock-thingy-holder-whatever it is probably a huge improvement and I'll probably get that once I get around to buying the Vita before I leave the States.

13. Default Re: PS Vita now with NA getting screwed hard.

Patapon 2: The only downloadable PSP game that anyone would ever buy ever. I'm losing faith in Sony, not making any of their recent products backwards compatible, 'n' all.

I've heard good things about the PSVita, though. I'll wait for the price to drop and good games to actually come out. I would definitely buy the wi-fi version right now if it wasn't $250.