View Poll Results: Will you be buying a PS Vita?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I will be buying the WiFi version at launch ($250)

11 28.21%
  • Yes, I will be buying the 3G version at launch ($300)

3 7.69%
  • Yes, but I will wait for the price to drop

10 25.64%
  • Yes, I want to buy it second hand and cheap

2 5.13%
  • I have no intention of buying a PS Vita

13 33.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

Retarded arguement. No console up to date has the amount of input methods the Vita has, this is gonna make it revolutionary in it's own way, the same way the DS was revolutionary with 2 screens and one that's even touchable.

I'm gonna buy it day one, considering I'd be in the US by that date :)

3G isn't really appealing to me, and I think that it will kinda flop outside Japan.

2. Default

I loved the GBC as much as the next guy, but saying it had a significant impact? yeah... Maybe because it was the first (no, light/pocket don't count) hardware update for the game boy after 9 years, but it didn't do anything that great other than up some technical specs. The DS changed the portable gaming much more than the GBC ever did...

Also: Do we know what titles it's actually launching with? I can see 3rd parties pulling the same crap they did with the 3DS and holding out on releasing anything until christmas time.

3. Default

I vote for: Yes, after more games are released for it.

4. Default

I wanted to add that to option #4 after I hit "post" but polls can't be edited :(

5. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

idk if this is new are not but ultimate mvc3 is going to be on the psp vita. You can fight people that are right in front of you.. O man the memories of pokemon battles during lunch time.

may be old or new just thought i would share it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upp-D...layer_embedded

6. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    argentina

Yeah, it's been around for a while. Totally waiting for it.

7. Default

The only reason I never upgraded from my PSP1000 is because I didn't want another PS handheld without dual analog sticks. I'm going to get a Vita at some point, just won't be able to afford one at launch.

8. Default

Sony just announced that you can you get a bundle and your vita one week early

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...dition-bundle/

9. Can you hear it?

Washington

Lucky Canada gets the wifi one :( i dont want the 3g one guess i will have to wait.

10. Default

It does say US bundle inculdes a 3G + Wi-Fi model.

11. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    argentina

Good strategy to sell the 3G ones. oh sony

That means it's the 3G one. It's obvious the 3G one already has WiFi support

12. Default

Could someone explain the dislike for the 3G models? I don't use a phone, so I have no idea what's different about it.

13. Can you hear it?

Washington

Most already have data plans for their smartphone and paying another data plan for a handheld system is a waste With the 3g models a data plan is added on to it that you will have to pay monthly through AT&T the data plan might be around $30 a month. This is a handheld console paying an extra $30 to go on the internet when you will most likely be playing it 70% the time at home or at friends house that will have FREE wifi. Compared to when you are on a road trip you will play story mode games. Also the #1 dislike is the coverage in your area. You might have full 3g coverage where you live but when you step outside you go down to 1 bar and not able to play online anymore.

Features you gain:
    Can go on the internet anytime without wifi
    Data cap limit
    After you reach that limit they will throttle down the amount of data you can gain.

Basically the 3g model is for surfing the web. Do not download stuff from the store because it will take a long long long time. Do not play online games using 3g because you will lag.

14. Default

Not to mention the Vita can't even be used as a phone (not that you'd want to anyway) so yeah.

15. Default

Ah. Makes sense why people would rather go for the WiFi version, then, not to mention the lower price.

16. Default

I could imagine 3G players lagging up internets play.

I am not getting the Vita, the fact that there will be no form of memory(on board or external) included with it is pretty weak. it's made worse by certain software(games and applications) not booting up unless you have storage, plus sony is selling their proprietary storage media at typical sony-inflated price (main reason I never had a memory stick for my PSP for years until recently, and even that was a gift)

17. Was here before you
    IGN: Evilince
    Server: Scania
    Level: 144
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: KoM
    Alliance: KoM
    australia

Hopefully that deal eventually becomes available to the rest of the world.

18. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    argentina

I don't know why you guys are even suspecting you'd be able to play online with 3G. Sony already stated that the 3G connection is not meant to play online on the go. You need to be on WiFi for that.

19. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Straight Male
    IGN: Namalamadingdong
    Server: LoL NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Break The Meta
    Connecticut

I'd rather get this than the 3DS because all the 3DS has going for it, in my eyes, is classic games such as LoZ:OoR. I'm planning on eventually making a portable N64 to play them though, and that's much cheaper to do than to buy a 3DS lol

I'm still going to have to investigate more into it before make any choice though. Mainly seeing what other games are going to be added to it.

20. Default

You need to stop defending the Vita against every negative word/reaction like it's your first born son. The 3DS thread is full of negativity by owners and non-owners alike and you don't see anyone (except that guy with the Klonoa avatar) defending it unnecessarily.

3G costs more and should be better than WiFi--why wouldn't people expect to be able to do AT LEAST the same amount with it?