Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Blade and Soul Update (release date)

I've been excited for this game for a long time. Then again I'm quite a fan of Hyung tae-kim's work. And own Magna Carta: Tears of Blood for the ps2.

2. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: Blade and Soul Update (release date)

Will this game have monthly fee? Because if so, that's a deal breaker for me, no matter how good the game is.

3. Default Re: Blade and Soul Update (release date)

No, it's free to play.

4. Default Re: Blade and Soul Update (release date)

I doubt it will be. It hasn't been decided yet, but most likely it will have some type of monthly fee. The price will determine the worth, but I'd prefer it be paid to play. Paying comes with a type of insurance, and NCsoft typically f`ucks up free to play games but they manage pay to play games much better.

5. Default Re: Blade and Soul Update (release date)

Looks very interesting, I may try it out if it's not region blocked.

6. Default Re: Blade and Soul Update (release date)

How the hell is there a private server of this game already? >_>

7. Default Re: Blade and Soul Update (release date)

Technically they are just means to test the beta versions. The programmers don't care, they encouraged it at one point I believe lol

8. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    finland

Too good sarcasm for me. Got my hopes up :<

9. Default Re: Blade and Soul Update (release date)

I wasn't being sarcastic. xd Everyone (except KhainiWest there) has told me it's going to be free to play.

10. Default Re: Blade and Soul Update (release date)

KhainiWest is right. The payment model of Blade & Soul hasn't been decided yet.
    There's a teaser on the B&S homepage that brings you to a page that says to ''Bring your own talent''. No idea what it is, but users speculate it might be a sign of 3rd closed beta coming soon. 3rd CBT will add the Summoner class. I'm curious.

@Link I know there is a B&S private server but that server is unstable.

11. Default Re: Blade and Soul Update (release date)

Im more curious of what the hell they are going to do with the gunner class. People are still trying to deny it as it hasn't been actually announced yet but the data clearly teases that the class will exist. Although I'm sticking with blademaster it fits all my qualities I look in a class lol.

3rd beta I think is coming out this may. The summoner class is interesting to say the least it seems more like an "earthier" mage with the ability to have monsters enhance her DPS via DoT or debuffs. With the ability to heal as well, this class is going to be very frekin flexible.

12. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    finland

Might be so, but paying monthly fee for a game is bullpomegranade. When I spend time on something I want to be able to access it at any time, regardless of if I'm active or not.

I really do believe F2P with premium content is the best model nowadays. F2P will always get the biggest playerbase, and even the non-paying players will make profit for the company. And there will be those hardcore addicts who pay astronomical sums for virtual currency like NX.

P2P isn't that good however. Take minecraft for example, game costs only 20euros, yet there's millions of cracked clients. For a small company like Mojang it's not easy(or possible) to fight against piracy either.

Playerbase-wise, what I think you mean here... I agree. Obviously hackers and other idiots will have it way easier when they can just create another free account when banned.

On another note,

I've said this before and I'll say this again. Hyung-tae Kim is one heck of a pervert. I'm somehow afraid that B&S will run into some problems when it hits the western market. Just imagine the flood of "sex object" claims.

Oh and remember guys! No B&S screenshots in Southperry.

13. Default Re: Blade and Soul Update (release date)

You're paying for maitenance. They continue to update the game while monitoring it. You are gurranteed decent customer service at this point because you're paying for a product.

..Uh can you present a game as an example? Free to play means no expected profit. F2P has proven time again that cash shop breaks it. There's no avoiding it.

Also think about how much it cost him to actually produce it? Not much I assure you, in comparison at least. There's also stuff outside of the actual game such as merchandise that supports him. The entire logic behind minecraft is creativity, it be pretty hypocritical of him to take away that ability from his fanbase.

What if I'm autobanned for some dumb reason? Do I have to wait 3 months? No. I'm paying for that product that have some obligations, if they want people to buy it that is.

14. Default Re: Blade and Soul Update (release date)

Why? What'll happen if I post a screenshot?
    Now I'm tempted to post screenshots.

15. Default Re: Blade and Soul Update (release date)

WoW has the current largest playerbase and is subscription based (though it has incorporated some virtual currency/cash shop type features). Cash shops have a lot of potential to go wrong when they start impacting gameplay - for example, DFO and Maple. If it's too easy to buy items with real money and sell them in-game (or in any way profit in-game by spending money) the market is at risk of becoming trivialized. Pay to Play games tend to have economies that encourage farming or raiding as opposed to spend2win.

Your minecraft example...makes no sense. People crack EVERYTHING - movies, games, e-books. Why should Minecraft be any different? There are also "millions" of private servers, which are ethically similar to cracked game clients, for MMOs, F2P, Pay to Play, or otherwise.

16. Default Re: Blade and Soul Update (release date)

LOL! So, I tried the game out the other day, just to see if it would run on any of my computers at all. It runs on my laptop, but NEVER loads on my dad's desktop. It runs so slowly on my laptop... but I did manage to find a resolution it's SOMEWHAT playable in :

It's so small, I can't even read what resolution it's in. 500-somethingx300-something

Even at this resolution, it's very laggy and monsters and NPCs have issues rendering. B> New computer

From what I can play, though, it's pretty neat. I don't like the lack of inventory space, though. x_x

Anyone know if this can run on a MAC? I could try it on this MAC my dad got from his work buddies for free if it does.

17. Default Re: Blade and Soul Update (release date)

[Minimum Spec]
    CPU: Intel Dual core/AMD Athlon 64X2 or better
    RAM: 2G or better
    VGA: nVidia Geforce 8600GT/AMD Radeon HD4600 or better
    HDD: 15GB
    OS: Windows XP (Service pack 2), Vista, Win7 (32bit / 64bit)
    DirectX: 9.0c

Thats minimum, it's not mac compatible as far as i know

18. Default Re: Blade and Soul Update (release date)

So the ''Bring your own talent'' teaser is the announcement of the 2nd Soul Party that will be held in Korea on the 21st.
    Soul Party is an event where users can meet and participate in activities. During this event, the dev team will announce the date for the 3rd CBT!

19. Default Re: Blade and Soul Update (release date)

I'm going to guess May, hope to god they get this gunner thing out. I wanna see what they plan to do with it.

I'm trying out a private server now, if you guys have anything you want me to try or want information on how to download it I can let you know. As of yet I'm not sure if it's laggy or whatever.

No lag at all. The game is beautiful.
    Last edited by KhainiWest; 2012-04-04 at 08:50 PM.

20. Default Re: Blade and Soul Update (release date)

This is relevant to my interests. Please continue (via PMs).