Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default 2011-10-11 Outage / Instability

This is the official thread to discuss the current status of the servers, channels and general Nexon connectivity.

Code:
    Red Blinking = All logins down, or master login down. 
    Red = More than 50% of the normal channels are down but logins are fine.
    Yellow = Less than 50% of channels are down and logins are fine.
    Green = All good.
    Latency is now indicated in the report, including max and average.
    Channels that are up but experiencing a higher than normal latency will be indicated in Yellow, but poor connection speed will not impact the status results indicator.

Note the contents of this thread will routinely be moved to the Archived Items forum after various outages and discussion.

5. Default

I think it's certainly possible, but Eos doesn't want to do it. It'd be a drain on the speed of the site. This is why SP and SW are so much faster to load than Basil is.

6. Default

Although right now I fear we may be nearing capacity and in need of an upgrade soon if this sort of traffic is going to keep up.

7. Default

True. The ferret notices are coming up much more often than they used to. I would have thought that they'd have slackened off with school starting, but apparently not, especially if Legend is coming soon.
    EDIT: holy pomegranate we have 1k again. FUN FUN FUN LOOKING FORWARD TO THE WEEKEND.

8. Default

There we go. That should significantly improve the hit we take from the status page - People accessing it from the vanity URLs will actually hit a static copy of it and should never actually be parsed by the server or database.

(This reinforces my previous "no" btw; You can't see a count of people when the server is actively trying to not deal with as many of them as possible)

10. Default

Yup yup, seems like it.

Also, didn't know there was a "Maplestory is currently offline, check back later" window =o

11. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Bye bye buyback?
    Or is anything else going on?

12. Default

Unscheduled SC already came our way.
    Fun fun fun fun looking forward to the weekend.

13. Default

Just when I was about to use 13 Beauty Coupons. I wonder what the USC is for.

14. Default

The anthropocentric model suggests that Nexon took down the servers because I was doing too well in Monster Park.

15. Default

There is no "rebuy dupe". People believe anything they hear and spread it like wild fire.

16. Default

The Status is awesome and so useful. Thank you
    Also, the hell just happened? Unscheduled Maintenance without even announcing it 10 mins before? Way to go Nex0rz.
    I hope it's for good, but sigh, two uSC already. It's impossible to keep a good FM spot

17. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

We can only wonder why Notify ignored this (Maybe cause this wasn't on frontpage yet?):

18. Default

3 hours to fix a feature that is mostly worthless? And here I was on a roll with my new character I'm training and all.

19. Default

I think there's something we don't know about it. Something that requires them to hurry up.
    [spreadingstupidrumours]ring dupe exploit!!1[/spreadingstupidrumours]

If not, well, it's Nexon

20. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

I know man, me too.

Couldn't resist making a female char simply cause it's so easy to get a sxc look on them.

Dupe itself is already such a devastating hack, that if Nexon America would be a good company they would (know how to) fix it ASAP.