Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Oh look, someone invented Cold Fusion (again)

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/...at-cold-fusion

Prepare for the next wave of free energy scam failure disappointment.
    (or a glorious new future!)

2. Default

Well, here's hoping it pans out.

3. Default

I won't hold my breath, but it sounds cool.

4. Default

While one can hope, I find it unlikely. The holders of energy in the world would do all they could to keep something like this from seeing light. Not to mention the complete lack of any kind of scientifically credible documentation presented. Guess we'll see though.

5. Default

No, I posted the disproval/rebuttal of that first one already.

6. Default

My biggest concern is about getting the two materials... If Hidrogen gets totally used up, we are pineappleed.

7. Default

Lol.

8. Default

Thank you. Haha.

9. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Is that the term for hydrogen that's high?

10. Default

In Astrophysics, people call it energetic hydrogen atoms, but yes, you grasp the concept!

11. Default

Well hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe, and with good reason. It's the main thing that came out of the Big Bang.

12. Default

They have a lot more power than people give them credit for. Over the years I've heard various stories of people peaching about losing an energy related job where, if I looked into it further later, I found the root of it was usually some Middle Eastern oil tycoon or the coal industry. Ever heard of the project to install widespread oil fields in a few midwest states here in the US? I didn't either until one of my teachers in college who was a project manager for it told me the story; apparently they set up the entire operation, complete with millions of dollars in various utilities such as portable toilets/temp housing/trucks for supplies, then the head guy got a letter from some oil field owner in Saudi Arabia and suddenly the entire thing fell apart, he ordered the entire thing to disperse immediately, after over 2 years of setting up. I'm sure his pockets were significantly heavier after that, too. Apparently, the plan HAD been to extract oil directly from the soil in certain flatlands that had been found to be very rich in it (I believe it was a different process than fracking, but again, the development was completely canned). So, technically that would mean we still potentially have billions of dollars in oil just sitting around in the midwest unused because of this deal.

13. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

I'm foolishly hoping that the next thing human kind does is take advantage of solar energy, rather than using the oil we so desperatly need.

But too much money on it, so perhaps till the last moment it happens. Oh well, back to dreaming of a bright future.

14. Default

Yea, I'd say. Hydrogen is only the most abundant element like.. ever.

15. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I wish everyone thought like you.

16. Default

The holders of money in oil don't want people to turn to solar, so they're blocking that as much as they can.

17. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

If there was some kind of invention that made Oil based products/fuel useless then... My country would be so Piss Dirt Poor that it would not even be funny, pomegranatety country only depends on pomegranatety oil revenue without any interest in other markets >.>

18. Default

It's not that easy, solar energy doesn't work at night or on cloudy days and electrical power has to be generated at the same time it's consumed (same logic goes to eolic).
    Not to mention you can't fill the your car's tank with sunlight.