Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Default Magician %/s (KMS FLY 2 & GMS Dawnveil)

Current Version: KMS 1.2.202

Adjusted Mastery: A factor added to DPS to consider the fact that different classes may have different mastery values; it effectively weighs the average damage from minimum and maximum range, thus is lower than standard %/s. A character with more mastery will have an Adjusted Mastery DPS closer to its absolute DPS.
    Adjusted Mastery is always included in a character's %/s.
    How to use:
    Calculate your raw damage range and multiply with %/s. i.e. (4 * Mainstat + Secondarystat) * TotalWeaponAttack / 100 * %/s
    Do not use your in-game damage range. That is wrong for the majority of characters since it includes total damage.
    Divide out elemental resistance yourself (Hint: Divide by 2)

Boss: The %/s with the listed % Additional Boss Damage.

Hits/s, Max/s: Hits/Max damage per second based on the current attack setup, not necessarily the optimal hits/max per second possible, especially due to buffing. Any line of damage is considered a hit, even if it cannot reach the damage cap. Max/s is the maximum potential damage per second available. A skill such as Shadow Partner only deals a fraction of the damage cap as its maximum. Damage over time and summons deal their base damage assuming a range cap.

All buffs are assumed to be used unless they don't provide any useful bonus (namely, +Accuracy buffs)

Defense Ignore is using the post-Unlimited Formula.
    Fire-Poison Archmage:
    Spoiler
    Teleport
    Sharp Eyes
    No Mist Eruption
    Hyper

Ice-Lightning Archmage:
    Spoiler
    Teleport
    Sharp Eyes
    Hyper

Bishop:
    Spoiler
    Teleport
    Sharp Eyes
    Full Party
    Hyper

Evan:
    Spoiler
    Teleport
    Sharp Eyes
    Hyper

Luminous (Light):
    Spoiler
    Luminous (Dark):
    Spoiler
    Hyper

Battle Mage:
    Spoiler
    Teleport
    Sharp Eyes
    No Twister Spin
    Hyper

Fire/Poison uses Poison Mist, Paralyze, Slime Virus, Poison Breath, Oz's Flame Gear, Flame Haze, and Mist Eruption.Slime Virus and Flame Haze only apply to single target. Ignite is not applied to Mist Eruption's damage bonus. Elemental Amplification and Burning Magic are applied as independent multipliers. (1.2 x 1.5 x)
    Hyper: Uses Megiddo Flame, Fire Aura and the following: Paralyze - Reinforce, Paralyze - DoT Reinforce, Paralyze - Bonus Attack, Mist Eruption - Bonus Attack, Mist Eruption - Cooltime Reduce

Ice/Lightning uses Chain Lightning and Frozen Orb (210ms). Frozen Orb procs Blizzard FA. Oz's Flame Gear is not used. There is no Chain Penalty for Chain Lightning. Elemental Amplification and Storm Magic are applied as independent multipliers. (1.2 x 1.5 x)
    Hyper: Uses Lightning Sphere (assumed 270ms attack speed) and the following: Chain Lightning - Reinforce, Chain Lightning - Extra Target, Chain Lightning - Bonus Attack, Frozen Orb - Reinforce, Frozen Orb - Critical Rate

Bishop uses Big Bang as primary attack with Genesis on cooldown.
    Hyper: Uses Vengeance of Angel Angel Ray for single target, Big Bang for Multiple, with Heaven's Door, and no other exclusive hyper skill affects their damage.

Evan uses Phantom Imprint 1 second before it runs out and spams Illusion on Single Target. Phantom Imprint is not used on 2+ targets. Phantom Imprint is assumed to be a 1.2x multiplier. Blaze is used for two to eight targets, and Flame Wheel is used for nine and ten targets, including its 6%/s DoT. Inherited Will's 5% Boss Damage is included. Evan is always Fastest (2) due to Dragon Soul and Booster. Dragon Fury is assumed to be +35% M.ATK.
    Hyper: Uses Onyx Dragon (3030ms summon attack speed) and the following: Illusion - Reinforce, Illusion - Ignore Guard, Blaze - Reinforce, Blaze - Ignore Guard

Luminous uses Light Reflection when in Sunfire, Apocalypse and Morning Starfall when in Eclipse, Absolute Kill when there are 1 or 2 targets in Equilibrium, and otherwise uses Apocalypse. (Light) indicates they have Light Magic Enhancement and (Dark) indicates they have Dark Magic Enhancement. Morning Starfall is minorly detrimental to %/s unless you're at the speed cap or using Hyper Skills, and increases hits/s.
    Hyper: Uses Armageddon, and the following: Light Reflection - Spread, Apocalypse - Reinforce, Apocalypse - Extra Target, Absolute Kill - Reinforce, Absolute Kill - Extra Target; it appears that Apocalypse - Recharge is minorly detrimental to DPS

Battle Mage has all Auras on, uses Body Boost whenever possible, Teleports and uses Finishing Blow, along with Twister Spin (est. attack speed of 180ms) when it's off cooldown. Separate table for attacking without Twister Spin. Note that at Fast (4), Battle Mage hits the speed cap using Body Boost.
    Hyper: Uses Union Aura, Battle King Bar, and Teleport - Reinforce, Twister Spin - Reinforce, Twister Spin - Extra Target, Twister Spin - Cooltime Reduce. Note that Twister Spin is significantly detrimental to DPS with Hyper Skills (Battle King Bar).
    Last edited by JoeTang; 2014-01-08 at 05:32 PM.

2. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Current Version: GMS v142

Adjusted Mastery: A factor added to DPS to consider the fact that different classes may have different mastery values; it effectively weighs the average damage from minimum and maximum range, thus is lower than standard %/s. A character with more mastery will have an Adjusted Mastery DPS closer to its absolute DPS.
    Adjusted Mastery is always included in a character's %/s.
    How to use:
    Calculate your raw damage range and multiply with %/s. i.e. (4 * Mainstat + Secondarystat) * TotalWeaponAttack / 100 * %/s
    Do not use your in-game damage range. That is wrong for the majority of characters since it includes total damage.
    Divide out elemental resistance yourself (Hint: Divide by 2)

Boss: The %/s with the listed % Additional Boss Damage.

Hits/s, Max/s: Hits/Max damage per second based on the current attack setup, not necessarily the optimal hits/max per second possible, especially due to buffing. Any line of damage is considered a hit, even if it cannot reach the damage cap. Max/s is the maximum potential damage per second available. A skill such as Shadow Partner only deals a fraction of the damage cap as its maximum. Damage over time and summons deal their base damage assuming a range cap.

All buffs are assumed to be used unless they don't provide any useful bonus (namely, +Accuracy buffs)

Defense Ignore is using the post-Unlimited Formula.
    Fire-Poison Archmage:
    Spoiler
    Teleport
    Sharp Eyes
    No Mist Eruption
    Hyper

Ice-Lightning Archmage:
    Spoiler
    Teleport
    Sharp Eyes
    Hyper

Bishop:
    Spoiler
    Teleport
    Sharp Eyes
    Hyper

Evan:
    Spoiler
    Teleport
    Sharp Eyes
    Hyper

Luminous (Light):
    Spoiler
    Luminous (Dark):
    Spoiler
    Luminous (Equilibrium):
    Spoiler
    Hyper

Battle Mage:
    Spoiler
    Teleport
    Sharp Eyes
    No Twister Spin
    Hyper

Kanna:
    Spoiler
    Sharp Eyes
    Haja Rengekifu
    Sharp Eyes
    Hyper

Fire/Poison uses Poison Mist, Paralyze, Fire Demon, Poison Breath, Oz's Flame Gear, Big Bang, and Mist Eruption. Elemental Amplification and Burning Magic are applied as independent multipliers. (1.2 x 1.5 x)
    Hyper: Uses Megiddo Flame, Fire Aura and the following: Paralyze - Reinforce, Paralyze - DoT Reinforce, Paralyze - Bonus Attack, Mist Eruption - Bonus Attack, Mist Eruption - Cooltime Reduce

Ice/Lightning uses Chain Lightning and Glacier Chain, with Ice Demon whenever its DoT runs out. Oz's Flame Gear is not used. Damage for 2+ targets may not be entirely accurate as there appears to be a Chain Penalty tag for Chain Lightning that is not accounted for. Elemental Amplification and Storm Magic are applied as independent multipliers. (1.2 x 1.5 x)
    Hyper (Chain Lightning): Uses Lightning Sphere (assumed 270ms attack speed) and the following: Chain Lightning - Reinforce, Chain Lightning - Extra Target, Chain Lightning - Bonus Attack, Glacial Chain - Bonus Attack, Glacial Chain - Extra Target
    Hyper (Glacial Chain): Uses Lightning Sphere (assumed 270ms attack speed) and the following: Chain Lightning - Reinforce, Chain Lightning - Bonus Attack, Glacial Chain - Bonus Attack, Glacial Chain - Cooltime Reduce, Teleport Mastery - Reinforce

Bishop uses Angel Ray on up to six targets, and fully charged Big Bang on more. Oz's Flame Gear is not used.
    Hyper: Uses Vengeance of Angel, Heaven's Door, and no other exclusive hyper skill affects their damage.

Evan uses Phantom Imprint 1 second before it runs out and spams Illusion on Single Target. Phantom Imprint is not used on 2+ targets. Phantom Imprint is assumed to be a 1.2x multiplier. Blaze is used for two to eight targets, and Flame Wheel is used for nine and ten targets, including its 6%/s DoT. Inherited Will's 5% Boss Damage is included. Evan is always Fastest (2) due to Dragon Soul and Booster. Dragon Fury is assumed to be +35% M.ATK.
    Hyper: Uses Onyx Dragon (3030ms summon attack speed) and the following: Illusion - Reinforce, Illusion - Ignore Guard, Blaze - Reinforce, Blaze - Ignore Guard

Luminous Light table indicates usage of Spectral Light only, Dark table indicates usage of Apocalypse and Morning Star, Equilibrium indicates activating Equilibrium, Hyper Skills do not use any Light Reflection, but Memorize doubleswitching is not accounted for yet.
    Hyper: Uses Armageddon, and the following: Apocalypse - Reinforce, Apocalypse - Extra Target, Apocalypse - Recharge, Ender - Reinforce, Ender - Extra Target

Battle Mage has all Auras on, uses Body Boost whenever possible, Teleports and uses Finishing Blow, along with Twister Spin (est. attack speed of 180ms) when it's off cooldown. Separate table for attacking without Twister Spin. Note that at Fast (4), Battle Mage hits the speed cap using Body Boost.
    Hyper: Uses Union Aura, Battle King Bar, and Teleport - Reinforce, Twister Spin - Reinforce, Twister Spin - Extra Target, Twister Spin - Cooltime Reduce. Note that Twister Spin is significantly detrimental to DPS with Hyper Skills (Battle King Bar).

Kanna uses Shisen Gyouha - Retsu as her primary attack. Buffs are prioritized and saved for before they run out. Shisen Byakko and Youun Shoukan are used whenever possible. Shugyoku no Juuin is used whenever 15 orbs are available. For more than 1 target, Koma Koma Sakura, You Emaki, and Sou Tengu are used. Everything is assumed to work correctly.
    Hyper: Uses Ikkitousen, Kekkai Hama, and the following: Haja Rengekifu - Reinforce, Haja Rengekifu - Bonus Attack, Haja Rengekifu - Extra Target, Kikyou Kekkai - Persist, Kikyou Kekkai Boss Killer.
    Last edited by JoeTang; 2013-11-19 at 06:05 PM.

3. Default

Hmmm you should add Flame gear too for UA AM's, especially since F/P AM's have that 4th job skill that boosts DoT damage.

When is that patch where those UA skills get buffed up to near their normal Cygnus damage for UA's?

Also: Poor Evans, really legendary, yep...

4. Default

I didn't remember the disparity between I/L and F/P way back when you first introduced your calculations, but looking back on them and comparing, I see where the extra is coming from. F/Ps over-double the DPS of the others, unsurprising when thinking about it, but sobering when looking at numbers. A reward perhaps for the amount of control necessary for F/Ps, that and keeping up Arcane Aim; I had troubles in Tespia with that, maybe that was because it was lower in level. Hmm...I wonder how many more changes will come to Evans, they always seem to be a work in progress.

Passive buffs were included right, Arcane Aim and Dragon Fury?

5. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

I'm shocked. Even with the extra critical, the extra magic attack from the evan only skill of the quests, dragon fury boost, and all, not even over the ice/lighting? Man, that sucks.

6. Default

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GOOD CONTROL IN A GAME SO GOD DAMNED SIMPLE ASS AS MAPLESTORY.

Man I wish people would stop saying it.

7. Default

I think you should at least add buffs/(passives? not sure if you added those) into the equation, since Evan has so many more than the other classes do.

8. Default

Yeah, no kidding. Good control is keeping check of a dot that lasts 20 seconds? Disgusting.

Thanks, that's a small improvement and I can remove Big Bang now. I also caught an error where I forgot to apply defense to Poison Breath.

9. Default

Alright, excellent timing skills.

10. Default

Fixed a glitch in the 10% values, where they showed higher values, and added Flame Gear for Fire/Poison.

Sorry. First version was overreporting a the values for F/P by ~500%/s because I had listed 5 sources of damage over time to compound Mist Eruption when there were only 4. This is fixed and improved with Flame Gear being the 5th, and Meteo being the 6th, and it can potentially go higher with other sources of damage over time such as Glacier Chain, Venom, and what have you. It was previously assumed that there was a limit of 6 total sources of DoT adding to Mist Eruption's damage, but given the recent translations, that was misunderstood to be Mist Eruption's capability to explode up to 6 Poison Mist clouds.

Oh. I forgot to scale Evan's damage from their Magic Mastery.

11. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Does extreme magic for I/Ls activate for DoTs afflicted on the mob or DoTs afflicted on the mob by the character? Aka does having a F/P increase the damage of the I/L?

12. Default

It doesn't because Extreme Magic for I/Ls is always calculated to be on since an I/L should always be using Glacier Chain. Additional Damage over Time should not activate more damage boosts from Extreme Magic, otherwise, F/Ps would be even more significantly higher.

Also, to remember how pomegranatety Evans are, these are all values calculated without Infinity.

13. Default

Fascinating reveal, this I had not known but conjectured in the KMST reveal of the skill, before the mistranslation. That's pretty crazy damage then. S>GC, ID and Blizz.

I think I understand the point of the question, probably just asking for some general information, however, are you implying that the addition of GC in an attack pattern may be detrimental to DPS? I'm probably reading too deep and you just want clarification...

14. GLADIGATORS
    usa

No i was confused about how extreme magic worked.

15. Default

Oh, a one-time 1.1X with any of the mentioned afflictions. I'd assume that other DoTs would impart the damage increase, but I/Ls will be GCing so it's covered.

16. Default

Pretty balanced stuff. >:l

Do wish I/Ls didn't get so unbelievably raped by defence sometimes.

17. Default

Oh lols@Evan.

Well, still a fun class for me.

18. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I'm not really sure why evans are s'hit on in this thread. They have a lot more DPS than bishops and arguably equal support, except ghost lettering affects every single person there. 1.2x damage is pretty amazing. D:

19. Default

Phantom Imprint makes at least one Evan pretty worthwhile to have around.

One thing that isn't considered is Evans have 95 extra magic attack, compared to Archmages who have 60, 20 of which is a party buff that can be given to Evans, and Bishops have 65, 25 of which can be stacked with Meditation I believe?

20. Default

I'm just not seeing how f/ps are so much stronger than evans and i/l from the kms vids.
    (evans are understandable but i/l shouldn't be that far behind.)

Also, this is without infinity?... >.>

Nexon should really consider making evans free to play (no cs skills).