Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

I'm working under the assumption there is no limit to the number of dots stacked for damage; the last time I checked, the description on KMS was adjusted to not include a minimum or maximum number of stacks. This is where I removed the requirement of two or more dots. If anyone can test on GMS, it would be very helpful. Regardless, I do believe every single source of dot to be beneficial to an F/P's %/s, especially since their durations are all boosted by Burning Magic, requiring such a low number of recasts.

The great thing about Flame Gear is it's a good cast and forget; its damage is one of the least affected by status and interrupts. For your primary attacking ability, each time you're stunned/sealed/seduced, etc, you're forced to stop attacking, losing damage. The damage from Flame Gear should always be active as long as the cloud is up, like Poison Mist. The only loss in damage to Flame Gear's potential itself is if you recast it too soon or too late.

2. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Last I heard, in GMS you can stack up to a limit of 5 DoT skills max to boost ME's damage, no more than that. Not sure if this has recently changed or will change per KMS, nor can I test it out now (can't play until weekend ), hence why I asked. @Green4Ever probably has a much better idea.

3. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

I told you, you were the first to tell me so, never heard of it before that. It looks like it isn't the case. I'll test it once Maple is up.

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

There's currently no mention of a limit in the skill description but I've heard there currently is a limit of 5. You could be right.

5. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

@JoeTang; need video? My F/P damage is as low as it can be, but I can test it out.

6. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Give it a shot. Show some damage from regular Mist Eruption and Paralyze for comparison too.

I was reading the first page just now, and I noted the discussion mentioning how Mist Eruption's max stack was originally a mistranslation, and there was never a noted limit. I'm not sure if this had ever changed. The only limit I can recall now is the minimum of two DoTs. The max of five dots might have been an implication that with
    Paralyze
    Poison Mist
    Poison Breath
    Big Bang
    Meteo
    Flame Gear
    Fire Demon

You can only get 6, but not everyone has Flame Gear so people started saying 5?

7. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

It's still in the description.

8. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

I'm so used to hitting the 999999 cap with Mist Eruption that I never bothered to test this thing out. Guess I'll have to remove most of my gear and try it too.

edit: @ above, *facepalms myself*

9. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Hm. This entire conversation could have been avoided if I had bothered to check the KMS tables too. I'll be updating the OP soon.

10. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

I'm thinking the summarized %'s for F/P (Mist Eruption) will also lower considerably as well as a result of this finding.

11. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Just tested number of mists exploded on Eruption, it's 6. I cast 8 Poison Mists and there were 2 left after I cast Mist Eruption.

Sorry about the terrible video quality.
    Time to test damage now.

edit: ok I can't be bothered to find a monster to test on. Need to be 130 for ranked dojo lol

12. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Did a test with my F/P-- DoT bonus appears to still be capped at 5, it's a little bit tricky to tell because of lower mastery on Mages (I think). I took picture so everyone can see though. My apologies for the ticks of DoT that got in the way occasionally. They're in order of number of DoT stacked, starting with 0 DoT's.

Spoiler

13. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

There seems to be a negligible difference between the last and next to last, but a difference nonetheless. Seems weird.

Also theoretically, I thought Mist was included in the stacking. So a combo of Mist->Para->FD->PB->BB would be 5, not whatever is after Mist. So if that's the case, the damage should stop significantly increasing after your 5th picture (4_11.png), not after the 6th, but it does increase, and a lot. It would seem like Mist is not counted in the stacking to bring up ME's damage, so Para->FD->PB->BB->Meteor (with mist already set and not included) does work. Could the skill description be incorrect/misinterpreted by one extra skill to stack?

Now I'm wanting to test this out myself too.

14. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

I noticed that too. It might be because of Arcane Aim, some of the ME's do have it on. Mist should also be included as a DoT in all of them, I either hit it with the main attack of Mist or made sure that that Zeno was poisoned by Mist before I added more. If I had Flame Gear I would have tried for seven, but I don't. \o/

15. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

We should be able to test it out with Meggido's flame as soon as hypers come out.

16. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

I always assumed Mist was included in the stacking. I seem to remember testing it out and the enemy, hit by Mist's initial attack, had more damage dealt to him than the enemies not affected by Mist's DoT. But I haven't tested this recently, and I could be mistaken.

17. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Mist's DoT does count, it's just that IImaplers probably didn't realize pic #1 was with no DoTs applied, and that pic 5 is 4 DoTs applied.

18. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Pic #1 is with Mist applied (with the monster being hit and poisoned by it) and then exploded with Mist Eruption right? In that case, that's 1 DoT applied (Mist), not 0.

Or it could be that you've poison mist-ed next to the monster but the monster didn't yet have DoT applied to it (yet was still within the cloud) when the Mist was exploded. In that case, that is indeed 0 DoTs applied and I would stand corrected.

Which one of those two scenarios was it? o_O

19. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

No DoTs at all. Made sure Zeno was outside of the range for Mist when I casted it and then lured him inside of it and then instantly Erupted before he could've been DoT'd.

20. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying :D