Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Man that just sucks -_-. GMS sucks

2. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Is that depending on using your 4th job attacks (Apoc/Reflection)?

3. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

yeah it should be. I remember every skill having its own dark/light point counter toward equiliublem. And I think Apoc/Reflection were one of the highest ones.

4. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

So what kind of skill rotation is Luminous supposed to do on GMS?

5. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Spectral Light for Light, Apocalypse and Morning Star for Dark, just to get to Ender. Or you could just use Spectral Light only.

6. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

So reflection isn't even worth using?

7. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

It has some pretty good range, and high alpha for the first two targets. Unless they've nerfed the speed or startup of Spectral Light, or removed the chain penalty so the range can be useful, Spectral Light it will be better for overall damage.

8. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

And since you arent forced to switch anymore. Going with Spectral Light is far superior to Apocalypse? And Ender = Absolute kill?

9. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Without buffs, just the Eclipse/Sunfire
    Spectral Light: 2207%/s
    Apocalypse (4): 1814%/s
    Apocalypse (2): 2094%/s
    This accounts for Spectral Light's startup (540ms) and end (600ms) which I remeasured a few days ago on KMS, and the 15 hit (8100ms) duration of Spectral Light in GMS (7020ms 13 hits in KMS), that @Stereo reported. As shown above, Spectral Light has higher %/s and hits/s than pure Apocalypse; however, Dark should always use Starfall to help boost their %/s and hits/s.
    Spectral Light: 2207%/s
    /w Starfall (4): 1975%/s
    /w Starfall (2): 2253%/s
    Ender and buffing slightly favours Apocalypse, as the cooldown may or may not fall inside the 8 seconds of Spectral Light, and you lose a small amount of damage from not being able to use Ender immediately. These causes Apocalypse + Starfall to beat Spectral Light with speed cap, but Spectral Light could be optimised a bit more. In a real situation, a player is more likely to lose damage from not activating Spectral Light fast enough.

Spectral Light is definitely better than Reflection for %/s and hits/s and max/s. Reflection has the advantage of insane range if the first hit works, and they have similar %/s with Hypers (SL still superior), but without Reflection - Spread, it's pretty pomegranatety for multitarget in my opinion, and vastly inferior for hits/s. Spectral Light should be what's used if you don't need the range to hit extra targets. As such, Spectral Light is the only Light used. There is no Reflection in this tables.

Equilibrium just activates Equilibrium whenever its cooldown is available.

Luminous (Light):
    Spoiler
    Sharp Eyes
    Luminous (Dark):
    Spoiler
    Sharp Eyes
    Luminous (Equilibrium):
    Spoiler
    Sharp Eyes
    Hyper

10. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

@JoeTang; I just realised something interesting about Luminous. Because one would predominantly use Light or Dark skills for whatever purposes, one can go into Equilibrium twice consecutively, first using the hyper skill Equalise which doesn't consume a Light/Dark point, then using Equilibrium (switch mode) so that one consumes one point of the predominant side one uses. So if I'm in Aswan and I want to spam Absolute Kill to down the Tower for example, I never need to use Dark skills just to get into Equilibrium. I feel that this might affect DPS calculations so thought this might interest you. Naturally, this is for GMS.

Hadriel

11. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Yes, I was considering that but I haven't yet. I'll look into adding it.

12. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

I think we are thinking the same thing, but I want to understand you correctly. I stay in Light mode and use Equilibrium by first going into normal equilibrium and then using Equalize. This requires me to have one dark point. What you are saying is that I don;t need a Dark point at all if I use Equalize first and then use Switch second? (I like this lots...)

13. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Exactly. Although the downside to this method is the difference in cooldowns because you are forced to obey Equilibrium's longer cooldown of 180 seconds, it doesn't affect current gameplay anyway. Naturally, you can enter Equilibrium using Equalise with no points at all. But don't ask me what happens if you just died, didn't cast a spell (so no light or dark buff) and immediately use Equalise.

And the rate of charging the gauge even with Reflection or Apocalypse is much faster than the 150/180s cooldowns. It is an awesome thing that can change things in bossing.

Hadriel

14. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

So question. If I had Reflection Spread would Reflection then be better to use say on V2 Cygnus Knights? Or would Spectral Light still be superior. Then when I went into Dark it would be better to use Morning Star+ Apoc correct? Final question, in your tables do you calculate using Ender whenever available even outside of Equilibrium or is that detrimental to dps?

15. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Spectral Light is superior to Reflection, but if you cannot time restarting Spectral Light well enough, then Reflection is better since you're losing damage from not starting it soon enough. It has a fairly long ending time though so it shouldn't be a problem. The most important part of using Morning Star is it adds a lot of hits/s and rushes without being detrimental to %/s. The %/s with and without Morning Star for Apocalypse is roughly the same.

Ender is always used in my tables and it's beneficial to %/s and hits/s.

16. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Spoiler

Old OP in case something is terribly wrong.

Updating the OP to include the new 100% and 200% Boss damage figures. Removed 25% Defense figures. Removed non-Adjusted Mastery figures. Added Shisen Genjuu's 10% Total Damage buff to Kanna. I had forgotten about that in the past. Added Oz's Flame Gear to Bishops, and I/L's to always be used. Previously, they were only used in certain cases of defense. Not 100% sure it's worthwhile with higher boss damages though since DoT is unaffected by that.

Adding the GMS Luminous tables. They do not use the Memorize double Equilibrium effect. I'll try looking into using this in the future, but I still have the other three jobs to complete, and I have to readjust Warrior's for this format as well. It will be a low priority, as I highly doubt the effective DPS increase is very high either.

I believe I will need to implement a second thread to store the GMS tables, as they effectively double the size of the OP, and they take a very long time to preview/post. I'm sure it's not good for the servers either.

17. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

"Mist Eruption's description was changed and does not say 2 or more DoTs are required to give the damage bonus, so it is being added for every DoT, not just 2+."

I thought that Mist Eruption's damage has always been affected by up to 5 DoT skills maximum. Has this changed somehow too, and you can have 7 DoT skills affect it's damage now? That would mean Mist, PB, BB, FD, Paralyze, Flame Gear, and MF can all add damage to Mist Eruption at the same time (I'm guessing we can say hello to hitting over 1m damage with ME each hit with a mere 10k range, not sure if that would be a good thing). And the ME damage from DoT skills is still multiplicative?

18. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

I read somewhere that it meant 5 different mist could be exploded per cast. So nothing to do with damage. It might or might not have been confirmed that the x1.35 stacking effect doesn't actually have a limit.

19. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Unless I'm mistaken, I've blown up up to 6 different casts of mists before. If the x1.35 stacking effect has no limit, this would deem flame gear quite a lot more useful than it currently is.

20. Proton Gay Male
    IGN: Ferons
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Chrono
    Alliance: Nocturnal
    Farm: Kansas
    canada

Hmm, well my Cygnus is currently 115 and I always wondered if Flame Gear was beneficial.