Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

It is a shame that its DPS is rather low, but it has quite good utility quality like Light Reflection does.

2. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Disregard, pineappleed something up

Corrected how Dark Crescendo works, and added the correct Light Reflection multiplier, which is -10% per bounce, additive, not multiplicative. So for the 4th target, it would take 70% damage.

Also updated OP for most recent tables, let me know if you think anything is wrong. Also, for anyone with an Ice-Lightning Archmage, could you test for the chain penalty for Chain Lightning?
    Last edited by JoeTang; 2012-07-18 at 12:35 AM.

3. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Last I remember it was non-existent. I can test it out later though, unless you meant for KMS.

4. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Hey Joe, would it be beneficial for Luminous' DPS to use Absolute Kill outside of equilibrium?

5. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Luminous (Light):
    Spoiler
    Sharp Eyes
    Luminous (Dark):
    Spoiler
    Sharp Eyes

Luminous (Light):
    Spoiler
    Sharp Eyes
    Luminous (Dark):
    Spoiler
    Sharp Eyes

Slightly for Fast (4), almost negligible increase at Fast (3), and almost negligible decrease at Fastest (2).

Just now fixed an error I had for Light and Dark Magic Enhancement, where Sharp Eyes was prematurely applied for Dark and the enhancement bonus was added incorrectly. Dark is insignificantly better for %/s, but since Light Reflection is inherently weaker, Light is more suitable if you're intending to damage cap.
    Last edited by JoeTang; 2012-07-18 at 12:41 AM.

6. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

BaMs and Luminous need massive nerfs...

7. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

So then based off the theoretical dps....... F/Ps need massive buffs?

8. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

I think F/Ps, I/L, Bishops, and many other classes are fine where they are.

9. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

But based off the theoretical dps.... F/Ps need a massive nerf. I assume that's what you're basing it off of. If you're not please tell me so.

10. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

F/Ps are a slow offensive class and the damage cap gets in the way.

11. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Still the best class to play (if not the best Adventurer mage) if you have no intentions of ever funding them. Now if you think you'd eventually want to fund a little, then you may be better off with an Evan, but still F/Ps are an extremely viable option.

12. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Please stop posting, you're bad at it.

13. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

And instead of explaining how I'm wrong, you post something useless.

Maybe I'm bad at posting, but I'm the better smart person/human being.

14. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

I think he was mostly referring to me actually.

I'll try to explain myself a little better:
    While the %/s for F/Ps are really high compared to the other mages, it says on the first page that the damage cap isn't being taken into account and F/Ps will do less overall DPS than I/L because of that. It would be silly to just look at the numbers, ignore that really important note, and think F/Ps are one of the most overpowered classes in the game (which people actually do unfortunately).

BaMs have amazing survivability, support, and now deal almost as much damage as the AMs which is why I mentioned they needed massive nerfs. Maybe there's something I'm missing here that would make Luminous less overpowered than they seem, but they have high %/s and deal more hits per second than the other mages.

EDIT: Your comment towards JoeTang was also really uncalled for...

15. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Is it just me or did all the %/s drop for the mages. I remember that Evan's and f/p were at like 10,000%/s and I/l like at 7000% or so. Did the change come from change Amp and Arcane's Aim becoming additive instead of multiplicative or am I just seeing things?

16. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Yes it most likely did.

17. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

KMST 1.2.446:

Evan:
    Spoiler
    Teleport
    Sharp Eyes

All the Hyper Skills for Illusion and Blaze applied, though I doubt you can have both active at once. Onyx Dragon is assumed to attack at 1530ms. Sadly they don't have any damage cap breakers except Hero's Oath. Hyper Critical Rate is added as well.

18. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

KMST 1.2.446:

Luminous (Light):
    Spoiler
    Sharp Eyes
    Luminous (Dark):
    Spoiler
    Sharp Eyes

Applied all the Hyper Skill buffs, but doubt all can actually be applied. You'll notice that their max/s is lower than their hits/s because hits/s counts every hit as a hit, despite Sunfire/Eclipse's extra hits being 50% damage. Also, loving Light Reflection - Spread. Wish they did something for Morning Starfall though.

19. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Kanna:
    Spoiler
    Sharp Eyes

Preliminary Kanna, using 120ms for Haja Rengekifu, 1530ms for Kishin Shoukan. For Spirit spending: Buffs take priority. Then Shisen Byakko, Youun Shoukan, then Haja Rengekifu. If there's not enough Spirit Power, Shisen Gyouha is used until the regen kicks in. For more than two targets, priority is the previous, and instead of Haja Rengekifu, Koma Koma Sakura, You Emaki, and then Shisen Gyouha if it's 2 or 3 targets, Sou Tengu for 4+. Shugyoku no Juin is used for more than 1 target every 300 seconds, with Shisen Gyouha when there's not enough Spirit, assuming the Red Orbs last as long as coins.

No data on Sunakake Baba to determine if it should be used or not.

20. Default Re: Magician %/s (Justice Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

@_@ ???

*edit: From the pap and cwk boss vids in the extraction thread, this looks to be a more exciting class to play than luminous.

Hope it comes to gms.