Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
  1. Default

1) All monsters have a defense that reduces your damage by a fixed percentage, we show the %/s of each class for different values of defense to see how they compare at different monsters (since each class has different amounts of def ignore).

2) Yes, more %/s means more DPS if you can replicate exactly the theoretical sequence of attacks that JoeTang suggests.

2. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Default Re: Magician %/s (Union Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Joetang shouldn't you include yellow auras body boost effect seeing as body boost works for all auras you have casted?

3. Default Re: Magician %/s (Union Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

The earlier patches had it use the last aura you activated. I had no idea this was changed, and it's pretty insignificant. I'll update it when I work in adjusted mastery and Sharp Eyes for all the magicians.

4. Default Re: Magician %/s (Union Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

It should give them ~4-6% boost for BaMs that are using Normal (6) staves or slower. Still no where near "catch-up-to-the-rest" status.

5. Default Re: Magician %/s (Union Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Updated to include Sharp Eyes, hits/s, adjusted mastery, and Body Boost's weapon speed bonus, not that Battle Mages are any good to begin with.

It sure would be nice to have a separate post per class in the front page. Editing takes forever.

6. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Thanks!

7. Default Re: Magician %/s (Union Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Just noticed that the tables on the OP were outdated still. Updated for Justice.

There appears to have been a change with Mist Eruption where it does not require 2 DoTs, just any number of DoTs.
    KMST 1.2.429
    Fire-Poison Archmage:
    Spoiler
    Teleport
    Sharp Eyes
    No Mist Eruption

Ice-Lightning Archmage:
    Spoiler
    Teleport
    Sharp Eyes

Bishop:
    Spoiler
    Teleport
    Sharp Eyes

8. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Oh my god what @ F/P numbers.

9. Default Re: Magician %/s (Union Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Probably because it doesn't account for damage cap, which I see even unfunded F/Ps hitting with mist eruption.

10. Default Re: Magician %/s (Union Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Looks like F/P finally got their needed buffs.

With 6 hits+DoT/eruption, that should put them above i/l and evans in a damage cap scenario.
    (not sure on how much the dmg cap problem accounts for the above numbers)

11. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

The hell 1/2 my dmg comes from mist eruption?

12. Default Re: Magician %/s (Union Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Minor experiment: Let's take Mist Eruption and set its damage to 0 and hits to 0. Under the same pretenses as the original damage outputs, we apply every DoT available to an F/P to promote a high DoT contributor and as high as possible Mist Eruption damage. Mist Eruption damage will thus be assumed to be damage cap, 999999x8 = 7 999 992, and is cast every 10 seconds + 1.480s before booster. What this table now represents is your %/s + 7999992 damage every time Mist Eruption is cast. It disregards any %/s contribution Mist Eruption adds, and any hits/s it adds, and only considers the time spent using it. Thus the remaining stats are applied to every other left over skill, plus a constant 1 hit per second from damage over time per target.

Fire-Poison Archmage:
    Spoiler
    Teleport

We take this table, Adjusted Mastery Fastest (2) 70% DEF, 2667%/s, compared to the previous table's No Mist Eruption Adjusted Mastery Fastest (2) 70% DEF, 3010%/s.
    The difference is 343%/s. This would mean that in the 343%/s without Mist Eruption, the character would need to do somehow 7 999 992 more damage every 11.11s, or 720 071/s. Under the hypothetical that no other attack hits damage cap, the hits per second isn't relevant. Thus, 343%/s would need to equate to or be higher than 720 071/s. An average range of roughly 209933 is needed for Mist Eruption to be inferior for DPS...?

Not entirely sure if this method is accurate since I just now thought it up.

For the No Mist Eruption cases, I need to cut out a lot of the DoTs since they don't contribute to DPS without Mist Eruption there though.

13. Default Re: Magician %/s (Union Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Thanks for the table updates.

14. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

@icephoenix21; holy mother of god those bishop tables.

15. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

16. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

This can't be anything other than good news for F/Ps. But now imo Nexon should buff up I/Ls to have very similar 1v1 and mob DPM to F/Ps in order to keep it balanced and I think that makes it quite fair in the context of attacking mages.

17. Default Re: Magician %/s (Union Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Using the method I outlined in my previous post, I believe when ranges are ~54k average or less, F/P are superior than I/L, but otherwise I/L are better. Gonna look into it more closely later tonight/tomorrow night.

Did a revision of the DoT check for F/P and made it more accurate. Also changed the recast time for DoTs to be up to 3 seconds before they expire, since a lot of them were expiring before being refreshed when it was up to 2 seconds. Lost a bit of %/s with the higher precision and gained some back with the recast at 3s.

Fire-Poison Archmage:
    Spoiler
    Teleport
    Sharp Eyes
    No Mist Eruption

18. Default Re: Magician %/s (Union Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

Why?

At extreme levels of funding, could the extra DoT be more beneficial than casting "yet another" Paralyze that does 999,999 x6? Is DoT capped at 999,999 / tick?

The player wouldn't recast the DoT skills unless they had expired (not "up to 3 seconds before") since you're wanting to use every tick to your advantage rather than have X number of DoT's applied at any given time.

19. Default Re: Magician %/s (Union Magician, Evan, and Battle Mage)

DoT can break the damage cap.