1. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Default Re: I would like to know the users here more.

Hey x3repentance! And everyone else! I enjoyed reading all your posts and am eager to read more.

My name is Daniel, with my online username being FrozNlite ever since my days playing Metroid Prime: Hunters for Nintendo DS. I was an avid gamer since the days of Pokemon Blue (a Nintendo fanboy with every system since GBC, excluding 3DS), but stopped for the past three years as college and life have set in. That being said, I do on occasion dip back into playing, like when Soul Silver came out last year, and just recently when my sister sent me a link to an online GBC emulator, where I have since replayed my way through the nostalgic GBC Zelda classics.

I started playing GMS back in 2006, hit Lv. 200 on my LOLFP in 2009, and, content with my various rankings, irritated about the necessary role of NX in increasing strength that came about with the potential system, and again, with the start of college, quit soon after. I've hopped online a few times since, if mostly to talk with anyone I know that still plays, though honestly the game is too broken for my taste anymore.

With regards to Southperry, I joined just after it launched, in August 2008. Given I've been an active gaming forumer for probably 5-10 years at this point, I've seen my fair share of forums rise and fall, and am still to this day a proud member here at the place I recognize for its relative maturity, intellect, and community. I used to go crazy on all ends of the site, but now that I don't play much of anything anymore I really only post in Social. That being said, I lurk a lot and still know what's going on in MS worldwide, to some degree.

Other fun facts about myself:

Spoiler
    Last edited by FrozNlite; 2012-03-29 at 11:29 PM.

2. Default Re: I would like to know the users here more.

My name is Adam! I'm known as ShadeCaro on Basil or Sleepywood, or my IGN on Maplestory is VeloShade. I really love to debate, hence why I want to be a Lawyer when I grow up. Well, not exactly a Lawyer, but I want to go into Criminology. Easily. You can talk to me about.. almost anything (Besides Religion. You can believe what you want, no need to debate about it). Let's see...

My Birthday: January 7th
    Passions: Debate, Writing, Paranormal
    No Go's: Religion, Complaining, My Little Pony.
    Interest Spark: Anime Discussions.
    Good Part of Life: Friends and Family.
    Bad Part: I can't sleep for more than 6 hours LOL
    Am I Nice: Sure, if you are nice to me, I will be nice to you.
    Crazy Moment in Life: I had this dream where I became a god and I created a world that was pretty cool. Dragons flew everywhere, mystic islands in the sky.
    Bad Moment in Life: When I got framed for breaking a window at my house when it was my brother D:
    Scale of 1-10 on Honesty: 7.

3. Default

I can be very blunt at times, since I need to be blunt with myself. I'm blunt with others because I want them to be blunt with me. I don't believe life is fair, but I do find it hilarious how unfair life can actually be at times. I don't really care about what other people think. I do care when they have opinions that I think can be used to make my life better. I don't really care what people are in real life. The more successful they are and the more they push it, it is likely I would despise them more for being pretentious. I would also be jealous.

I don't know why I'm still on this site. I had an initial fascination that I would contribute quality material to the site in terms of self-analysis and simplified science. Now a days, I just post mundane messages of encouragement, share funny images that I find on the internet, and chat it up with female Southperry users who I will never score with. I basically circle jerk these days and derive minimal enjoyment from the entire experience.

I have DeanNim and Flonne on my ignore list. I have a Bachelors in Science, but I am working a job 30-40 hours a week that doesn't even require a college diploma. I have two cavities. I have a parking ticket and a court day next week to scale the price up to $400 for no points. I do not have a PS3. I do not have Aspergers. I do not have a girlfriend. And I do not have faith in humanity. But I do think that things will work out in the end because I still have a place to sleep, a job to work, and people who will waste their time listening to someone as sarcastic and snarky as me when life goes tipsy turvy.

I did not read what anyone else typed from start to end nor would it have changed what I thought about them. Hi.

4. Default Re: I would like to know the users here more.

I'm Fiel, but you can call me Paul, Mech, or MechPaul. It doesn't matter. I'm currently 25.

My maplestory days started back in beta, and back then I did a lot of posting on GameFAQs. So, the Maplestory forum there has a special place in my heart. From there I moved on to Sleepywood. Once third and fourth jobs came out, I got interested in looking at the data. I posted extractions and guides for a while at Sleepywood. Soon after, I purposefully got myself banned from Sleepywood and started up Southperry. So, I'm Southperry's original CEO. Although I don't have any moderation or administrative powers like I did before (those now rest in Eos' capable hands), I still enjoy posting extractions and growing in my ability to program.

My interests are in languages, computing, security, reverse engineering, and information sharing. However, I also enjoy talking about theology, atheism, sci-fi, gaming, MMOs, and such. I also love SC2, and I watch GSL / MLG when I have time. I'm still a Platinum Zerg (though I have beaten diamond players), and I play casually. I'm also a HUGE brood war fan, and I follow that religiously. I have over 50 GB of Flash's games on my computer.

I got interested in programming back when I first went to college. I went to Purdue University originally for a computer engineering degree. In the first semester of courses, you were required to take a C Programming course. When I took the class I quickly became enthralled at how much control I had over what the computer did. The possibilities seemed endless. I never stopped learning about C, and I continued to program in my spare time. I currently know Python, C, PHP, and Assembly, but Python is definitely my bread and butter language. I wasn't able to finish my degree at Purdue, but I did eventually get an AAS in Information Systems.

Currently I work for ZAM Networks. Although I am not at liberty to say what I do on the job, I can say that I'm totally thrilled to be working with them. They're a good group of people.

I like to listen to metal, and I prefer death, tech death, thrash, power, and prog. Though when I'm not listening to metal you'll find me listening to K-pop, new age, and hard trance.

Although most of my posts on SP are highly logical and structured (or I try to be), I tend to loosen up a bit in IRC. Feel free to hop on in. There might not always be someone talking, so stick around a bit and I'm sure you'll find a good hearty conversation somewhere.

5. Default

Figured I'd add on to this a bit. Hopefully the spoiler works since I'm on my phone.

I am still a sophomore studying biomedical engineering at Texas A&M University. What drew me to this degree was my desire to help others more behind the scenes than in person. I often debate changing majors however, because classes I take pique my interest rather quickly. Some examples would be biology and psychology. It's amazing learning how the body works as well as what makes people tick. I'm a people watcher and so it's interesting to me to try and dissect a person.

I would also love to learn how to play an instrument, like the violin, cello or piano. I just think that it'd be an extremely great hobby to get into to pass the time.

To expand on Paul's theology talk in my own way, I grew up in an extremely sheltered home so my views are that of my parents as well as those whom I grew up with. I am currently seeking to be more open-minded and will always listen to both sides of an argument objectively in order to make a decision. As such, you probably won't see me actively arguing about theology or anything related since I'm not well-versed in doing so. Perhaps when I get a bit older I may have a solid hold on what I believe and can then contribute but until then, I'll just be observing from the sidelines.

All in all, I'm just a kid trying to adapt to an ever changing world and find my own little niche.

6. Default Re: I would like to know the users here more.

Hi, my name is Moonlapse.

My passion is microbiology and infectious diseases.

I am also very relaxed, and can be comfortable around a variety of people.

I started maple as an I/L mage but then switched to a brawler/buccaneer when pirates came out. I started out on the forum Mapletip (long dead) but started to post on Southperry when their site guild, Pineapples, wanted to align with mine.

Well that's about it. Hello again :)
    Last edited by Moonlapse; 2014-07-11 at 03:06 PM.

7. Default Re: I would like to know the users here more.

Wheee.
    I'm a biomedical scientist.

Oh.
    I'm Danny. I prefer anonymity unless you befriend me personally. I might loosen up then. As of now, the only thing I disclose is my occupation and name.

8. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

No idea this thread existed. Welp, here we go~

Hi! My name is Karen, I'm 23 years old, currently in college as an international student here in the US (Information Technology major). As for where I'm from, I was born and raised on a tiny Caribbean island no one cares about.

My main hobby is drawing and I'm... decent, I suppose (totally not good compared to other brilliant artists here ;_;, but you be the judge. I also enjoy playing various Nintendo games, especially Mario games.

My current interests consist of Nintendo games, art, archery (evident by my main on Maple being a Bowmaster), series such as Sherlock/Doctor Who/Homestuck/Monk and some animes, though that list is very small.

I really don't socialize much outside of forums. :I But I'm as nice as they come, I won't ever bite! In fact, some people think I'm probably too nice. But I never let that bother me.

9. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Hi. I'm bomber, and I explode things for fun.

10. Default Re: I would like to know the users here more.

Bow before me for I am your god.

Hi, I'm iamflip. No, I don't tend to give out personal information in general. That means no A/S/L from me. Well, the A and a specific L part anyway, as you can clearly see my gender and general location to the left of this post.

What I can say is that I'm just an avid computer gamer and resident tech support for family and friends. I'm also a Twitch.TV broadcaster and cast games live for people's entertainment. As for other interests, I love girls, sci-fi, video game music, and pikachus.

As for my Maple history, it goes way back and probably would bore you if I got around to it. I'll just say that I'm a respected yet humble Bishop in Windia with a well-established guild that has a venerated history that is as old as Windia itself.

And last of all, I'm nice to people that are nice to me and my friends. So I won't bite... mostly. :P

11. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male
    IGN: FlameChocobo II
    Server: Windia
    Job: Hero
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

Jigglyjigglyjigglyjigglyjigglyjiggly - ...wait, April Fools Day is almost over? Oh Kei then....

Hello there! I am FlameChocobo. I'm a 21 year old man.

+I'm a generic gamer that plays video games such as NES, SNES, Playstation, what have you. I also record videos so that I upload them on Youtube (few times cause I'm lazy) and also broadcast games on Twitch.TV.
    +I'm a random person when it comes to internet doing random stuff. You should check out Tumblr.
    +I also work at a baptist home, but wish I get a new job.
    +For MapleStory, I haven't played that much since reaching level 150 on my Hero due to lack of any interesting updates.

I'm not really that social, but I tend to be nice to people as long as they're nice to me and my friends. I won't bite... most of the time.

12. Default Re: I would like to know the users here more.

Pleasure to make the acquaintance of the people who posted here for me to know more about them.

13. Proton Male
    IGN: RyuBlader
    Server: MSEABootes
    Level: 215
    Job: Dual Blade
    Guild: Orion
    Alliance: ??????
    singapore

Hello, I just got created in here from MapleSEA's PPF.

I think I'm well known to some in there. *gulp*

14. Default Re: I would like to know the users here more.

Hi everybody, name's Jason. I'm a nostalgic old fart, so I thought I would stop lurking and finally register.

Been playing since the second anniversary in '07. Would have begun even sooner, if I wasn't so convinced that Maplestory was some sort of spyware... I mean, come on... a free game, from Korea? (I had no idea about the F2P business model)

In game, I'm obsessed with Paladins, haven't found a class I like more yet.
    Out of game... I'm a bit older than the usual MS demographic.
    I play bass guitar in a successful Celtic Punk band.
    I'm a huge fan of chicken wings and tacos.
    And a huge fan of old Nintendo games... (especially the awesome ones that never made it to America)
    Also, super robots are awesome. But thats enough about me.

15. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Hey, I'm Heidi.

I'm a 23-year old college student majoring in Graphic Design. My school situation is a bit messy and complicated, and currently I'm hoping to get into a school in BC, Canada (I am currently finishing up a semester at a college in Wisconsin). I enjoy the field and have had job experience as a desktop publisher and know basic pre- and post-press operations. Screen printing is also fun. Hmm what else about me. I moved out of my parents' house two days after graduating high school, and have not regretted it a day since then; the reason being that they are extremely strict/conservative and I just don't agree with that.

I play video games, but mostly MapleStory. I've been playing since 2008. Maple is what also brought me and my current boyfriend together. I met him for the first time this past spring (he lives in Victoria, BC and my hometown is in the Chicago area). I wasn't really the type of person to see myself in a long-distance relationship, but it just kinda happened and, distance aside, I wouldn't change a thing.

Video games aside, should I choose to go out in the light of day, I enjoy playing volleyball from time to time, and taking pictures with my Nikon D60, and fishing from time to time.

Some random facts:
    -Driving relaxes me and gives me time to think.
    -I drink, but really only socially. Even then so, I prefer getting dressed up and going out to clubs as opposed to bars.
    -I would KILL to see a Kaskade concert
    -I hate coding with a passion (as in html/java/css/php/etc)
    -Same goes for math. I have trouble timing damage reflect in bosses because I suck so bad at math.
    -Fandoms I'll associate with: Maple, Supernatural, The Walking Dead, Code Geass
    -I'm addicted to coffee...caffeine, really..but I don't drink soda.
    -I don't spend much on clothes, but I will always buy good jeans (ie from the Buckle or something).
    Last edited by icephoenix21; 2014-01-09 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Whoa. Apparently I already posted in this thread. Might be safe to say I have a terrible memory haha.

16. Default Re: I would like to know the users here more.

Hey Miya aka x3repentance.

I'm Kusanagi Haru. People called me Haru when I'm in digital world. Kusanagi Haru is my 2nd name as I mentioned before, but since someone might do not know me well... I just do it.

Kusanagi Haru
    almost 22 years old
    Male, still single.
    Graduated from Mara University of Technology, Malaysia in diploma level. Diploma in fine arts.
    I do digital paintings and maple character art. So if you want me to draw your character, let me know in my art thread here.
    Quitted MapleSEA officially on 1st May 2013, 2.13 am. Now I'm still in GMS.

Let's be friends c:

17. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: EastTimor
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 201
    Job: All of them
    Guild: Faith
    Alliance: Solace
    Farm: Travel
    canada

Hi I'm Will. I'm a kid from Canada who has been around maple on and off pretty much since it was created (quit for like half that time though). Been posting around southperry on and off as well since around the first week it was created by Fiel.

18. Default Re: I would like to know the users here more.

This is interesting. How did the thread get revived/stickied?
    I'm Dan, 23 years old and studying. I live in Colombia, with my mom and my kitty. I play maple for a few months like once a year or two and then quit. Right now, the game is too boring, mind-numbing, expensive and time consuming so I haven't played in a month or so. I'm focusing on school and playing Dota 2 with all my free time. I'd love to write here more often but most of the times others post what I'm thinking before I have a chance to write it myself :( I think the only thread I actively spam is the Dota 2 thread, with all my nooby questions haha

19. Default Re: I would like to know the users here more.

Oh, why hello there.
    My name is Brady, I'm 17 years old in my last 2 weeks of high school as a senior.
    I will be going to the University of Colorado: Colorado Springs this fall shooting for a BA in Psychology. After that I intend to get a masters in counseling psychology and shoot for a career as a family counselor who specializes in children with autism. Eventually I want to get a PHD in something relating to autism research as well.

I'm currently playing maple again with some new friends I met in broa as a bowmaster (Lv.146). I intend to get this guy at least to Lv.170 before I call my final verdict on the game.
    Outside of maple studying shaolin kung fu is my current passion. It's basically been my only source of sanity with all the insanity going on everywhere else in my life and it's had an insanely positive impact on everything about me.
    I've also dabbled in photography when I still lived in the mountains, but I'm far more restricted where I live now.
    I enjoy swimming, hiking, rock climbing, long walks on the beach, and I also enjoy you. Yes, you. I really appreciate you reading my post, maybe we can be friends sometime. SOMEONE BE FRIENDS WITH ME!

20. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: VXArtillery
    Server: Yellonde
    Level: 181
    Job: Cannon Master
    Guild: Purify
    Alliance: Purify
    Farm: Yellondia
    Ohio

Hi.

I'm Pell.

I like cannons and stuff.

I do kendo too.

And I have a cat.

His name is Shadow.

I also am learning to make games.

Games are fun.