Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

ill be playing a demon hunter or barb when game comes out

beta was nice taste but was short

2. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

So far I've only played the Witch Doctor to level 9. Gets kinda annoying redoing the campaign if I want to get to level 13.

Seems overall fun, dat wave of bats is so OP though.

3. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

Got a lv13 wiz and witch doctor. Also playing a hardcore demon hunter. Gonna work on barb and monk next.

4. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

How do the different difficulty levels work? Can you switch mid way through? Do the different levels impact how your character grows or what items you can obtain? Is it kind of like rebirth? I am very confused having never played a diablo game before

5. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

For those waiting for D3, you'd be glad to know that Blizzard has a sense of humour...

On top of stuff like "There is now cow level" on the game loading screen...

Hadriel

6. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

This is how it worked in Diablo 2:
    Normal (Act 1 through 5, Kill final boss), Move to Nightmare
    Nightmare (Do same, move to hell)
    Hell (Kill final boss, uwin. ENDLESS BAAL RUNS)

Hardcore means if you die, thats it, the character is gone. all your stuff gets dropped on the ground for others to pickup.

7. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

Demon Hunter is overpowered with Rapid Fire... Entangling Shot and Bola Shot were so useless in beta. Everything died in one shot of Hungering Arrow. I'd imagine Bola Shot would be fantastic with mobs that didn't die immediately, but Grenades are probably better AoE/Crowd Control. Entangling seems useless all around.

Monk is fun, though Crippling Wave seemed rather useless. Thunderclap on Fists of Thunder hurts my eyes with the sudden teleportation...

8. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

Didn't have much time but got a wizard to level 9 on Saturday. My only previous experience with Diablo was... uh, Torchlight, so I don't know how good it was in relation to the past games, but I enjoyed it. If I do end up getting the game, I will probably continue using that.

9. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

Yes agree that RF is pretty OP, though the Hatred just doesn't regenerate fast enough for me. Hungering arrow + rune = brainless aiming. Entangling shot is probably only useful if you have the rune for 4 targets. It's potentially useful for a champion or boss mob. Never needed Bola Shot. I foresee that grenades will be a pain to use.

Thunderclap makes for massive Massacres. The fun part came when I gave my monk 2 daggers. The attack speed on Fists of Thunder was insane, and with Thunderclap I just went around teleporting to mobs to continue my massacre. Lots of EXP that way.

Barb is fun if you like to see mobs fly. Also, the stun... oh my god... Leoric was a joke with Bash+rune.

Wizard... oh so fun... But must not get carried away with nuking... I got ganged by a champion and a boss mob together and very nearly died. Maybe I should use a better weapon.

If I have a complain... it's that I have to squint at the small numbers on the inventory window when checking out my details, but that's because I'm on Window-ed mode.

Hadriel

10. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

On my Witch Doctor I just had my dogs and spiders serve as wall that blocked enemies from getting too close to me while I blasted Fire Bats in their faces. With two +MP regen items I could hold the wave pretty long.

11. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

The friend I was playing with just used Unbreakable Grasp and then spammed Spiders on top of everything. It's stupid how many spiders you can get and the crowd control it provides.

Got a Wizard to 13, didn't really enjoy it too much until Spectral Blade and Arcane Torrent. Energy Twister is okay. It's nice to have an active persistent effect available, but the randomness hurts a lot.

12. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

Arcane torrent feels like a Rapid-Fire-like skill to me. The delay between casting and actual missile landing is too long for much mobbing use, unless you want to specifically kill e.g. those fat exploding guys... Twister needs that rune to turn it into a stationary-spot twister, which then actually becomes potentially very useful.

Spectral Blade... BaMs! But it's a little lacklustre to me...

Hadriel

13. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

The delay between animation and Arcane Torrent rewards timing to be superior DPS over Arcane Orb and alpha strike over Frost Ray. The delay between hitting range is also faster than Arcane Orbs, so I found it to be better for ranged multi-target DPS. The only issue I had with it is the bolts flying did not reflect their true trajectory, which I would assume to be an error fixed in release since game-play videos I've seen of it show it to be working correctly.

I thought Shock Pulse was pretty weak for a primary, and had really poor reliability given the range and random movements. The rune wasn't useful either since everything in range would die to one Pulse anyways. Arcane Bolt is good too, but I preferred Spectral Blade.

14. Was here before you
    IGN: Evilince
    Server: Scania
    Level: 144
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: KoM
    Alliance: KoM
    australia

Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

Rapid Fire was more OP earlier, there was a skill that increased attack speed by 20%. Add that with RF and even Skele King died in half a second

15. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

after lookin through demon hunter skills, im pretty sure ill end up using vault (tumble rune) + tactical advantage passive + night stalker or perfectionist or archery passive + sharpshooter passive

and probably hungering shot (spray of teeth) + rapid fire (dunno rune)

and im not really sure what other 3 skills actually matter to me! but vault is awesome and the rune and passives will give it so much more utility than it already has(had) in beta for running around as quick as you can... and i couldnt run around fast enough, just like in maple, ff12, lol, halo, mario, zelda... in fact, just about every game except mario kart is always too damn slow. you have to backtrack sometimes and then its always just 5 minutes of nothing but walking, so lame.

also, dat xbow mastery... compared to bows and 1h xbows, wtp

16. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

Shock pulse really needs the runes, otherwise no way am I going to use it. In fact, Electrocute is so much better than that despite the lower damage... But Fire Bolts might prove to be useful if it shoots 3 linearly-moving fire bolts...

The thing between Arcane Torrent and Arcane Orb is that... at least Arcane Orb hits something while it's travelling there, and most likely I will use it for dealing with mobs coming after me or for hitting a pack of mobs that have not spotted me yet - the AoE is large enough to compensate. Whereas Arcane Torrent, I'd prob use it for a big boss or bosses that don't really move much e.g. because someone's tanking it or I'm tanking it, because if I use it on a pack of fast-moving champions, by the time the projectiles arrive at their original spot they're already on top of me. But yes Arcane Torrent's DPS is pretty decent, and I do intend to keep it on one of my buttons for now.

If a skill says it does X% over Y seconds, does it mean that the damage is spread out i.e. X/Y% per second? I'd also like to know how crappy/good Energy Twister is...

Hadriel

17. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

Yeah, that should be how the damage is spread out. The problem I had with Arcane Orb is the slow movement combined with hitting the edge of a group instead of the center like I can with Torrent. First rune wasn't worthwhile since everything died in one hit, but I'd reconsider at higher levels.

18. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

There's that rune for Arcane Orb that doubles the radius... to 20 feet iirc? That increase in area is huge! But then again... what if the mobs start to get obese ._.

Hadriel

19. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

Got a Witch Doctor to 13 today. Leaping Spiders are so easy-mode. They auto-target and instantly swarm everything, giving huge crowd control, much more worthwhile over the DPS from Splinters. Plague of Toads was pretty useless in beta. Kind of like Shock Pulse. Really poor range. I found Unbreakable Grasp to be pretty staple to clear a pile of monsters. Dire Bats is okay, but the crowd control from grasp would be a big thing for later levels. Haunt is also quite good, and I ended up using it as my spammable mana, but I found it hard to tell how much damage it was doing since it's a DoT over 6 seconds. Zombie Dogs don't do much damage at all, and I ended up swapping Haunt for it. And Soul Harvest is so good it's just bullpomegranate.

20. Default Re: Diablo3 class thread

have you played the D3 beta right after blizzcon? monster would die with 1 normal atack, I remember I killed the skeleton king with 2 bola shot lol, then blizzard made things harder.