Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Gonna sleep the usual regimen. If you do the update over the night Zelkova and everyone else, just keep in mind I had a plan for an expedition to the nether, so do other stuff for now .

Also, tomorrow will be my only opportunity to explore the new content for the next week or two. Got Skyward sword the next day, then some family stuff, then an exam the following week which I would be in deep trouble for ignoring.

I've noticed that when 1.8 came around or sometime, biomes changed the colors of the grass to their new biomes even in areas created prior to that. Seeing as the new marshy swamps are just another biome (asides from lillypads, which are awesome); can they appear over older areas? Not crazy about the grass color, but the flowing water in that area is actually kinda nice. I don't have any old maps that I've mained solo since before the Halloween update a year or so ago (maps became unusable thereafter), so I can't check.

2. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Whoa, that's really osm Ben.

3. Default

The server is updated to version 1.0.0 however there are some issues with the server software (out of my control). Hope to see you all soon as I am very busy with Minecon and am currently uploading 2 hours or so of it.

4. Default

ludibrium progress 4

figured i'd shed some light on this project:

i'm currently laying out a 2-dimensional plot for roads and buildings, however ludibrium will not be flat. i'll work in elevations later. what you see is the clocktower district, one of the five districts i have planned. the completed project should feature:

- clocktower district (clocktower, armory, potion shop, hospital in place of cosmetics, added diner and directory building)
    - market district (free market square, plaza with cosmetics/hair and an added restaurant)
    - park district (pet obstacle course, pet shop, some houses)
    - eos tower district (eos tower, residential area, barracks, apothecary, added tavern and restaurant)
    - helios tower district (helios tower, main barracks, station and boarding platform)
    - terrace hall
    - two factory levels, including adjoining maintenance room
    - one cracked time level
    - crossroads of time, though i'm still debating whether or not i should continue on with forbidden/lost time and go ahead and do inside the clocktower.

considering i have a life outside of this, i should be done around new year's.

5. Default

I'm on the server right now, doing poop.

6. In my dreams... Gay Male
    California

Ben, that looks absolutely spot-on. Keep it up!

7. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Interior of the clock tower + Lost time (Including the chamber for pap) or gtfo ಠ_ಠ

Lol jk, nice work you are doing there.

8. Default

Wow Ben, that's insane. Can't wait to see it evolve.

edit: the green and blue parts at the bottom seem a little longer on the right than they do on the left. is that intentional?

9. Default

well, yes and no; i originally thought that the positioning of the side entrance to the clocktower was asymmetrical, but it turns out that it just looked skewed ingame. i ended up keeping it since it lines up with a stairway/ladder system inside the clocktower that leads up to the top.

10. Default

ludibrium progress 5

laid out market square district as well as built gates into the park and eos tower districts. i'll probably put some small filler buildings and toys and stuff to fill in all the empty space everywhere in the future, though elevating the place should help eliminate a lot of it.

11. Default

So, been on the server for a while, and accomplished quite a bit with you guys. Found the nether ruins; made a gate there and wound up at -3200x -700z; walked all the way back finding an open ocean and nice cliffs that reminded me of our last map together; gave the grand tour; and started fixing the existing nether gates (placing gates in the nether to match up with the surface so that each gate has it's own place to go: they work to go to the nearest nether gate rather than create new ones, so just placing gates at the right places makes the proper connections work). Also, the Shrine of the Curious cat is out of commission as fall damage is greater than expected and it didn't even create a new nether gate spawning us back at the original one anyway (failed side-project).

Lastly, everything got frozen on my end of the map; namely the entire area from my lake back to the harbor in the main village. I think I might've cursed us somehow by missing snow a little too much. Castle Touran is on hold for the time being. If anyone spots a Mushroom biome, let me know and show how big it appears to be in an SS. If large enough I'll still consider that idea I had, but otherwise I don't want to steal an entire rare biome if it would take up all the space.

Also, Skyward sword today, so you won't see me for the next 3 days roughly.

P.S. To whoever it was asking about the Disgaea recommendations, I can say this after reviewing the art-books; while the areas in game are indeed grid based, none of them really mesh well with the block usage in Minecraft. Mainly because even if you duplicate them, you would not be able to tell that it was man-made or just another randomly generated part of the map. I would personally recommend using the concept art and basing it from there. In those cases, my recommendations would be either Jotunheim of Disgaea 1, or Alche City of Disgaea 2. As I have not played the others; and not wanted to spoil things for myself, not purchased the art-book; I cannot say anything on the account of 3 or 4.

12. Default

Going to need some ''authority's'' help since I'm trapped inside the Nether.

The server crashed on me while I was hunting Blaze, and when I was able to reconnect it has me ABOVE the Nether. (On the ''ceiling'', basically) Obviously there's no normal way of breaking bedrock, so I'm stuck up here until someone can TP me to them.

13. In my dreams... Gay Male
    California

I can help.

Nevermind then.

14. Default

Keith, is it possible for you to make the stack limit of potions to 64? Or at least 10 or something.... At the moment they don't stack so you end up with potions filling up inventory/chest space, and it's totally unnecessary.

Not sure if it's possible to do.

15. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

For that you have to mess with the game files, so i think it will be difficult to do. Besides didn't Jeb said that it was a hard as pineapple thing to do on the first place? (Potion Stacking)

16. Default

Well, if it can't be done then I'll deal with it, but I was just asking if it was possible or not.

17. Default

If anyone finds any animals feel free to bring them into the village until the farm is done.
    Edit: got 3 animals but all different species, but at least we can mass make cakes soon!
    Last edited by Olsi; 2011-11-21 at 08:58 PM.

18. Default

A creeper snuck into my little house/shack somehow and blew up and killed me and my bed. Now I can't figure out how to get back there from spawn. Q_Q

19. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

Decided to give the server a spin since i updated to 1.0 and while i wait for my favorite mods to update.