Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1202
  1. Default Re: People being hacked since the last Server Check.

An account I've pretty much never used got a reactivation email. I forgot that email even had an account linked to it until I got that message...

2. Default Re: People being hacked since the last Server Check.

Well I'm glad we finally have an expert opinion on the subject. I'm now 100% sure of 5 opinions on the problem that are completely wrong.

3. Default Re: People being hacked since the last Server Check.

Nexon is ignoring the problem dude...

It definitely is not the user's fault the cause to all these hackings (at least most of it). I know your problem with what he said is that he states things as facts without any sort of evidence, but... what the hell else could it be?

4. Default Re: People being hacked since the last Server Check.

The laws of causality state that something has to be responsible. No effect without a cause.

5. Default Re: People being hacked since the last Server Check.

My alt account got deactivated for suspicious activity a few days ago. Luckily I don't have anything on it.

6. Default Re: People being hacked since the last Server Check.

I think what he meant was "something other than himself".

7. Won't Be Coming Back Male

IGN: Biades4hire
    Server: Windia
    Level: 19x
    Job: Dual Blade

Default Re: People being hacked since the last Server Check.

Can we ban hamad for spam?
    I'm pretty sure he copy pasted that post 6+ times in Atleast 3 threads.

8. Default Re: People being hacked since the last Server Check.

Well, unless someone made you a mod or you've learned how to use the "report" feature effectively and have an actual issue, I'm going with "no".

9. Neutron Male
    Level: 250
    Job: Merc/Phantom
    Guild: Intensity
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: Armadillo
    usa

I'm sure it's been said already, but I want to (re)emphasize the power of locking your account when you're not online. It's 100% safe/reliable until Nexon decides to patch it and just a few extra seconds every time you decide to start playing/stop playing maple. There is absolutely no good reason to avoid doing it every time you decide to log off maple for an extended period of time.

How to:

1) Make sure you have access to the email associated with your account.
    2) Use a program like this to hide your IP.
    3) Turn on the program
    4) Try to log into maple using the gamelauncher (it won't let you)
    5) Turn off the program

You won't be able to access your account until you log onto the website, send a verification email, and confirm that email.

It pretty much puts the security responsibility on your email provider, assuming you don't mess up yourself, instead of Nexon.

10. Default Re: People being hacked since the last Server Check.

Except for those who are playing other Nexon games and need the account unlocked while they're in them but then leave a gaping hole via MapleStory for someone to login while they're on another game and screw them. Unless locking Maple that way now only locks maple and lets all the other games run just fine still, like banning does.

11. Neutron Male
    Level: 250
    Job: Merc/Phantom
    Guild: Intensity
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: Armadillo
    usa

You're right, it locks the entire Nexon account. The only solution I'd see to that is if you run both games while you're playing the other game.

12. Default Re: People being hacked since the last Server Check.

That used to not be possible, gameguard wouldn't let two games use it simultaneously on the same machine, so you'd either need a machine just to leave maple in 24/7 while you play other games. Even now with hackshield allowing multiple games open Maple is such a resource hog it might not be viable for most people to have it running simultaneously with other games.

Ridiculous situation is ridiculous.

13. Default Re: People being hacked since the last Server Check.

You tell me!

14. Default Re: People being hacked since the last Server Check.

Although It might not be efficient in terms of NX purchases, You can always just have a seperate account for each game you want to play.

15. Default Re: People being hacked since the last Server Check.

Even this is not necessarily safe. There have been reports of people playing other Nexon games who have never played Maplestory still having NX stolen through Maplestory MTS purchases. The hackers either create a MS account to make the purchase, or have some other more clever method.

16. Default Re: People being hacked since the last Server Check.

Look first of all ur a Noob like everyone who blaims me.

WHY DOES WE ALL GET HACKED? EVEN IF WE HAVE KEYLOGGER HOW THEY BYPASS THE PIC?????

THERE MUST BE A DATABASELEAK OR U HAVE TO EXPLAIN HOW CAN 10000x OF PEOPLE GOT HACKED.

Seriously uninformed People everywhere..

17. Default Re: People being hacked since the last Server Check.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but does hotspot shield slow down your internet/loading speed or anything. Because I read the rating and stuff it said dont download because it reduce your loading speed.

Or that doesnt matter because you only turn on the hotspot shield when you're about to log out/turn off comp. Blah I dont know it work, still trying to do more research on it before getting it.

18. Default Re: People being hacked since the last Server Check.

Was logged in on the MapleStory website (maplestory.nexon.net) and tabbed in-game for a bit, when I went back to check it it had said I'd been logged out due to someone logging onto my account from another location... bit nervous. Only one other person has had my info (gave yesterday for Pink Bean quests, changed it 15 minutes ago) and it wasn't him. Has anyone else had this? I've changed my password, secret questions and PIC since =x

19. Default Re: People being hacked since the last Server Check.

Decided to check on my (second) support ticket.