Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
  1. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i'm thinking of wether i should or should not lock my polearm, on one side, it's only tradeable via PSoK, on the other side, it's easily my most expensive piece of equipment ~_~ and heard too many reports of people getting hacked, i'm going to ask a guildie that says she was hacked if she did surveys.

on the bright side, my computer is almost never off, so i don't log out of maple very much.

2. Default

If you have Nx already charged to your account, then lock it. They'll use that Nx to psok it. Is it fully scrolled and cubed? If so, lock it. You'll be glad you did if you get hacked.

3. Default

One of the peculiar things the hackers do is spend all nx on arrows in the MTS, despite being able to profit more by psoking and soking equips.
    I've only locked my tradeable items thus far in hopes that they don't deviate from this pattern should they hack me.

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i never have more than 2k NX on my maple account, as i said, i'm very... paranoid
    depends, in most cases dual-psoking a Czak would cost them 8k nx, which they can simply transfer to their account via arrows as you said. so the items would have to have some serious value for them to go through all that trouble.

5. Default

This isn't actually a bad idea.

When my brother's main was hacked, they missed 2 billion mesos, twelve Purple Surfboards, a 10 attack glove, and a perfected Hellslayer that was all on a low-leveled character that looked rather noobish.

Of course, all of that has sense been moved to an account that has never used MTS, MSA, or surveys. Gotta love the fact that he can't change his password! (Not that it matters since he quit.)

I never have more than 1k NX because, if I have NX, I spend NX.

6. Default

I just did this myself today. I put items of increasing worth on increasingly stripped and lower leveled characters. It certainly makes me feel more secure.

7. Default

I was actually referring to the level 200 BM kyle, I do not know that person that well and since I'm never on only get information by hearsay.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

I wonder if Nexon locked my account, because they foresaw this coming?
    Account hacking is an inside job!

9. Default

Who's that, Saprentus?
    Also, holy pomegranate, we have 51 level 200's, when the pineapple did that happen?

10. Default

Nope, I'm actually married to Saprentus on my character though. Which makes me feel slow, since we e-married when I was a much higher level than he was LOL. Vive's leader, though. I don't like throwing around IGNs of other people, sorry if it's a bit roundabout, but that should make it more clear anyway.

11. Default

Although I only noticed one poster actually say so, I have the impression that most or all of these recent account hacks were done without changing the MS password or PIC. Is this correct? Also are these mostly high-level accounts getting hacked?
    These ideas plus the fact that many of these hacks seem to be in clusters (that is, a few buddies or guildies all getting hacked at once) leads me to believe that some of these are targeted attacks rather that just a random collection of people who did something that exposed their info.

12. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Surprisingly, I haven't had anyone say they've been hacked.

13. Default

If you use Basil, you can see an alarming increase in "I was hacked" threads, and the story is literally the same every time. Most of the valuable items gone, mesos gone, yet a large amount of items still left over, no information changed.
    And in these threads there are hundreds more people posting the exact same thing. Very strange.

14. Default

I don't even know who you are, lol.
    And I don't know who the leader of Vive is.
    And on a side note: then do you know why Saprentus is dressed in all NPC-bought equips?

15. Default

...I do not. I haven't been online in a while, again, so it's entirely possible he was as well. Because he was fine when the pvp patch was put in.

16. Default

What's your IGN?
    I feel like I might know you, but I don't really know...

17. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

I'm 100% sure its the facebook connect now. My friend who has not played in a whole year just got hacked. He only started to play the maple fb game then this happen.

18. Default

Danny also didn't change his pw in over a year and a database leak could have also been the reason.

Just saying.

Danny is the person who got hacked, not me in case people wonder o.o

19. Default

My brother's account did not have any of its information changed, so that lines up.

However, even though he has a high level character, his account is not at all affiliated with any guild at the moment.
    More than likely, the fact that many of these accounts are in the same guild/alliance is simply due to the fact that most high levels tend to be tightly knit.

You are actually 100% wrong; my brother never touched MSA.

I also am going to venture a guess and say your friend didn't link his MS account to FB simply because he wouldn't benefit at all by doing so if he doesn't play the original version.