1. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: Akusaria
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Nuclear
    Alliance: NuclearHonor
    usa

What were the potential stats on that VSS, by the way? I ask because someone in my alliance somehow managed to buy a 27 att VSS for max meso directly from a shop about five days ago, I think. Curious...

I wonder... Let's try to figure out some possibilities. Did the people that were hacked play any other Nexon games? Considering what happened with DFO, I wonder if something similar could have happened with another Nexon game, but the hackers are only doing stuff with MapleStory so as to not direct suspicion towards the location of the security exploit? Assuming there is one.

2. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

For those concerned their is an option to lock your accounts, but you need to have access to your email. When you request to change your password you get a verify email and on on the bottom it has a link to lock your account.

3. Default

Adding on, could MapleStory Adventures (the Facebook game) have anything to do with these?

4. Default

I got hacked a couple weeks ago. Havn't been on any keylogger sites, i'm fairly tech savvy. Email wasn't hacked just a clean break in, all tradeables taken, untradeables left alone. Nothing on my computer, two different programs used to fish for anything.
    No idea how it happened.

5. Default

https://www.nexon.net/account/reset-account/

All this does is reset all your info.

6. Default

Just because your IDs weren't on "the list" doesn't mean you're safe. Those IDs were only from the past few days. They could have a lot more IDs that weren't made public. If you used MTS at all, I would take the necessary precautions and change your info.

Though none of my friends or guildmates have been hacked, I've seen some shops in Bera that had godly items sold for 2.1b, way under their actual value (before and after the s/c).

7. Default

A friend who hasn't logged into MS for three years, or any other nexon games, got an email yesterday saying he requested a password change, which he didn't. He did just start playing the MS facebook game though. I haven't played the fb game and am not sure if they connect at all.

8. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

No password present so how can they get in? Is that not a form of locking the account? It seem people have been getting hacked without requesting password changes or emails being hacked in too.

9. Default

All you guys are doing is throwing this way out of proportion and doing a lot more scaring then anything else. If need be just change your password once a week for a couple months or so and go from there. There really is nothing more that you can do, don't visit any weird sites other then that you already know, accept nothing from no one other then tinypic or photobucket etc etc and don't do anything stupid. That's all you can do.

10. Default

2 people in Demethos got hacked (that i know of) after SC, I don't know the details but apperently it was by the same person.
    It does make one feel the need to be a little more cautious.

11. Default

3 of my friends got hacked in Khaini in the past day.
    Ever since this hacking thing started, About 8 or 9 friends/guildies got hacked.

12. Default

A lot of people have been getting hacked in my alliance and BL, including one of my oldest friends. I've actually seen mainly Dual Bladers getting hacked... so I'm going to go change my info, brb.

13. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

LOL WOW one of my mule accounts got hacked LOL funny stuff, they even made up the security questions too haha, but they didnt bother changing the email

14. Default

Kyle told guild he got hit, I think? I wasn't online at the time, so I don't know if it is true or not. But yeah, I seriously doubt someone like him would mess around and get logged, he never struck me that way in the year or so I've known him...on the same note, I've been MTSing, playing DFO AND been offline the vast majority of the time, providing huge windows of time for would-be hackers, so I have no idea why I HAVEN'T been hit yet. I only changed my password minimally, and only because the DFO thing popped up and forced me to, because it's not that big of a deal to me if I were (almost everything I have that is worth anything is untradeable, and I have literally >10M mesos at this time). Which, now that I think of it, if they are targetting mainly mesos, if they can see the amounts you have before accessing it, they would see me as a waste of time, lol.

15. Default

This has been happening for much longer than last sc.

I was hacked on aug 21st. Same MO as you posted. All my tradeables taken, untradeables left. 70k nx taken through mts. My computer was clean, and neither my MS or email info got changed. Only my main character got hit. All the other accounts i logged in on same computer are fine. 2 of my guildies got hacked days before me, and one of them was by the same person that hacked me, since they had both our items in a shop. My SW account is registered under a different email as my MS account. The person who hacked me was on the leaked list of IDs by the way.

16. Default

Just curious, but could it perhaps be linked to those free NX surveys? They do redirect out directly from the site, it seems like a prime place for a go-between to gain your account ID or even more. How many of the ones that have been hacked in this thread used them?

Not saying it is them, just trying to narrow down the list at least a little bit. The 2 people I have asked so far that were among those that got hacked on my BL said they did use the surveys, recently for one and not very recently for the other, just for reference.

17. Default

Expect any other GM hacked.. but I heard that one of them got hacked too...

18. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: Akusaria
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Nuclear
    Alliance: NuclearHonor
    usa

One of my guildies got hacked last night. Haven't been able to talk to him, he just left a guild notice saying that he was hacked and he probably won't come back until next year. I know he was on the MTS list though, in which I already warned him about that beforehand, but I'm not quite sure if he took that warning to heart.

From what I do know of him that might help narrow down the possible causes, he did play MS Adventures, and he also did NX surveys rather extensively.

19. Default

That's true... I don't think I'm a very big target because:
    I only have about 130m
    And my equips are:
    Reverse Katara
    Reverse Killic
    Czak
    Ludi Cape
    Reverse DB mask
    MoN
    Silent Crusader Belt and Shoulder
    ABR, Evo Ring 1 level 11, Silent Crusade ring, Larson's ring
    3%luk tradeable shoes
    6%luk tradeable pants
    6%luk tradeable earrings
    10 luk tradeable unscrolled top (8 from pot)
    So... I only have 4 tradeable equips. None of them are worth more than 100m or so.
    I'M SAFE!
    Well, if the hacker decides to look at my equips beforehand.
    And yeah, RollXTC told the alliance he got hacked. But I was talking about BestCloser. He got hacked for his 6%luk 12% allstat earrings.

20. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Hearing all of this makes me think it might be a good idea to have my characters all completely stripped before logging off so that it would look as though I've already been hacked.

After all, in the event someone goes on my account to take items, they'd probably leave if it looked as though I had nothing to take.