Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Arcade Related Issues

The arcade feature is very much dependent on 3rd party code, there are a lot of aspects of it that are out of our control that we have to just accept. In particular the behavior of most games, and whether or not those games work right, are multi-player, save scores, and so forth are entirely out of our control.

What can be addressed will be, but know that the answer to things here may very well be "out of our control" and the only choices keeping a buggy/incomplete feature and enjoying it as best possible, or removing it entirely.

2. Default

You can't edit the message on the high scores.
    Also, first one to reach the score should keep the record, if someone else matches it he should be second or tied 1st.

3. Default

1) I edited mine fine.
    2) That's not how I want it to work. Most current high score is high score. I hate games where being first means you're there forever and no one elses achievements matter. If you want to stay #1 you'll have to invest in keeping on top or risk being replaced.

5. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Seeing here there is a score related issue. Just to make sure, it is the issue where it reports that "you do not have enough permissions to complete that action" when submitting scores, right?

6. Default

Yes, certain games aren't passing back the appropriate info when you finish them and it confuses the arcade system and results in that mess.

7. Default

Problem:
    People that create tournaments cannot disqualify players.

Sequence of Actions:
    1. Go into tournament UI (http://www.southperry.net/arcadetour...wtourmnt&tid=1)
    2. Click on the X above Kalovale's name to disqualify.
    3. Receive an "Are you sure?" prompt.
    4. Click on "OK".
    5. I'm sent to the forum.php homepage
    6. Going back into the tournament UI (link in step 1) shows that Kalovale has not been removed from the tournament.

Desired result:
    People that run a tournament should be able to disqualify people at will.

8. Default

You have to have Administer Tournament privileges to do that, not merely Create Tournament.

Only mods have that ability right now.

9. Default

Ban Kalovale?

10. Default

Going to need more explanation than that

11. Default

Please disqualify Kalovale from the tournament?

- I have already sent out one reminder to all players to submit their scores.
    - Yesterday at 6:00 PM I sent out a warning to all players that have not submitted their scores by 6:00 PM today that they would be disqualified from the tournament. I was not aware at the time that I could not disqualify players.
    - Kalovale still has not turned in the second score.

12. Default

Disqualifying him doesn't seem to remove him from where he was if that was your intended result.

13. Default

There, I forced him to fail manually, but it wasn't pretty :/

14. Default

My intended result is that his inaction doesn't grind the whole tournament to a halt.

15. Mercury Male
    IGN: Knight52
    Server: Earth
    Level: 534
    Job: Thread Breaker
    Guild: I'm bored of
    Alliance: political sh'it
    thailand

-Play Asteroid in quarterfinal round
    -Data transmitted.
    -Page redirecting.
    -Unauthorized Intruder, you do not have permission to access this page.

BTW, is warp in Asteroid supposed to consume a life?

16. Default

Have the random score related permission errors gone away (since this post, they obviously existed before it, duh)?

17. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Im mostly running into the score issue where it redirects you to the main forum page, and not submitting the score. Havnt hit an privileges error recently.

Just hit the privileges one, so yeah, theyre there.

18. Default

I've so far hit the no permission error on every score I try to submit. I have achieved the highest scores out of everyone on those games. Eos, this is unacceptable. If I can't submit my scores how am I going to take my rightful place as king of everything.

19. Default

Pish I offered you a place as my queen, don't get all uppity.