View Poll Results: Would you consider the following scenario botting?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

83 76.85%
  • No

25 23.15%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Botting

1. Default

I do that all the time.

Harrisonized, I personally believe that whether it's considered botting or not depends on how much attention you're paying to the game. If you look at it at least once every 20-60 seconds, you're playing. If you don't look at it at all, you aren't.

I once used one hand to spam a pet command for a couple hours while doing other tasks with my other hand and my attention, and I barely looked at the computer for the entire time. I call that botting, and yes I admit to it.

I've also tried putting a weight on the Heal button and leaving it on there while I do my homework. I quit after about 20 seconds, but if I had continued I would have considered myself botting because I could theoretically get up and leave and nothing would happen.

If you're using a weight to hold down an attack on Anego, but you're still checking at frequent intervals to make sure you don't get owned by anti-bot, then I don't call that botting.

Oh and
    Spamming an attack with your finger while paying full attention to the screen is still a physical method and a repetitive action, is it not?
    Last edited by Russt; 2008-10-25 at 10:29 PM.

2. Default

I used to stick down my heal key down at himes/voodoos on my priest, or an attack key at a boss (anego, some snipeable HH/BF maps, any boss on shadower (<3highavoid+fake), and yeah it was botting, but i still had to check back, cause if I didnt check back once in awhile I would die/run out of mp (save for voodoos on priest).

3. Default

Is he physically pressing buttons to level? No? Then its botting

/thread

4. Harrisonized

/thread isn't for you to decide.

5. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: ....P
    Server: E
    Level: ..N
    Job: .....I
    Guild: ..S

Yeah, there's advanced bots out there that'll play for you (walk around, pot, loot, and kill) but you ca still be in front of the computer and have the game minimized while talking on msn/browsing teh internets but that's kinda off topic...
    Still though if you're doing your homework you're not playing, you're botting. Pretty simple.

6. Default

The point of the matter is... It really only matters whether whoever does this gives a crap what other people think, even if he thinks to post what he did on a forum like this one... Really, are people seriously going to label whoever does this as somone who is illegit and harass them about it? If that does prove to be the case, SHAME on those who take it that seriously.

TL;DR: Depends if you care about how other people label you... While I see no point in telling a forum about doing this, or caring at all what label you receive from the community, otherwise there really is no problem....

Botting: Using a macro, third-party program, or physical method to play the game in a repetitive manner. If you're over level 20, it merits a permanent ban.

LMAO AT PHYSICAL METHOD TO PLAY THE GAME IN A REPITITVE MANNER! Did it occur to you, if this is EXACTLY what they meant, that it would be impossible to touch your keyboard without botting? FAIL!

Kudos to Clint and Russt.