Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: [KMST] [1.2.398] Minar's Past

1. Default

if they follow the story, it would make the most sense for nexon to develop a bunch of story with the black mage, having him win at the end, then the goddess of time wakes up...and maplestory closes.......then comes MAPLE STORY 2!

2. Default

Exactly what i had in mind .-.

3. Default

The mirror can be moved... I don't see how it not being there would be an issue...
    The Goddess can likely be moved as well.

As for the renovations, the promo videos for Mercedes and DSlayer clearly show that the Black Mage has made the Temple of Time his main base. The darker look shouldn't surprise you.

I don't know what you mean to ask about "our timeline's Goddess".
    For all we know, there's no reason to think this past isn't our past.

Except that wouldn't necessarily make sense. Nothing in canon (at least not in the English translation) indicates that the Goddess waking up would be the end of the world.

I don't think most of that can be trusted anymore.

IsaacGS did a hell of a job, but he did it before GMS even had Pirates.
    The release of every new class has brought new story lines, and many of those stories straight-out contradict much of what's in there.

4. Default

to my understanding everything of the maple world right now is just a longgggggggg dream of the goddess of time. logically, it'd make sense if the maple world disappear if she wakes up since she doesnt dream about it anymore

5. Default

To your understanding based on what people have said that has no real grounding in the actual in-game text.
    So, yes, it would be logical that the world would disappear if she wakes up... if it was indeed a fact that the Maple World is the product of her dream.

Of course, the fact that the Goddess now appears, sleeping, in the game is a rather large blow to that theory, at least in my mind.
    Tell me, when's the last time you had a dream in which you were asleep?

6. Won't Be Coming Back Male

IGN: Biades4hire
    Server: Windia
    Level: 19x
    Job: Dual Blade

I will be doing all of ToT quests as well as pink bean preqs tomorrow, so I could get some SS's of the quest dialogs to clear this whole goddess thing up.

7. Default

I meant the mirror thing as more of an implied question of WHY isn't it still there. But either way, with further examination, I think it's still there, just hidden behind the massive slab of ice.

Forgot about the whole Black Mage's base thing for a second...

My last sentence of my previous post was asking what exactly the Goddess is doing sitting on her throne during the brink of an apocalypse, but is nowhere to be found in the present? What event made her come down in the past/go away in the present?

8. Default

stop being stubborn Viaje

I did all of my ToT quests before BB and yes, we are her dream. Whatever is going on is just a dream.

9. Default

I'm not being stubborn; I'm being accurate.

Now, unless you have a specific ToT quest that you can source as saying the entire world is a dream, you need to shut up.
    I have full extractions of all NPC text and all text quest, and not such a thing is said.
    Believe me, I've looked pretty damn hard.

Go make your faces elsewhere.

Don't you mean "why it isn't there yet"?
    It is hard to tell whether it's behind the ice though, as you said.

We'll have to wait to hear more about the Goddess.
    I mean, she could have been hidden away deep within the Temple after this incident.
    Or she was hidden before, captured, and moved to her throne for some sort of ceremony.
    I don't know Korean or have access to KMS, so I have no idea what exactly is going on in Past Minar, unfortunately.

10. Default

Again, unnecessarily contentious. :P
    However, I remember a text saying that the maple world may perhaps be a dream, but otherwise, I don't recall an npc distinctly saying it definitely is a dream.

11. Mercury
    IGN: Zero Two
    Server: Everywhere
    Level: 000
    Job: Mind Control
    Guild: Dark Matter Legion
    Alliance: Dark Mind

Yes the Temple Keeper himself said something like that although I don't recall when he says that.

12. Default

I don't recall you being elevated to a position to make that call.

And, no, no NPC says that the world may be a dream.
    The only section of Maplestory described as such is Future Ereve/Henesys, and that's explicitly stated.

Dig through the .wz files and find it then.