Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: [KMST] [1.2.398] Minar's Past

1. Won't Be Coming Back Male

IGN: Biades4hire
    Server: Windia
    Level: 19x
    Job: Dual Blade

Based on Spadow's video, Akyrum seems to be pretty easy (unless he goes into berserk mode and gets extremely powerful under 70% HP or something), and I expect that we'll be seeing a solo video of it a couple days after it comes out in KMS.
    Now, the real question is what it drops.

2. Default

Quick question:
    Where is the 100 years ago concerning the heroes and the black mage coming from? In Aran and Evan, they make it sound like it's been more than just one hundred years...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1395149/maplestory/years.png
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1395149/maplestory/years2.png (Taken off of youtube)

Just curious to where it came from, that's all.

3. Default

The patch notes already said it drops:
    Dominator Pendant
    Spoiler

Twisted Debris of Time (to scroll Dominator Pendant)
    Spoiler

Immortal Ring 1
    Spoiler

Immortal Ring 2
    Spoiler

Both Immortal Rings equipped: All Stat: +15, Weapon Attack: +10

Eternity Ring 1
    Spoiler

Eternity Ring 2
    Spoiler

Both Eternity Rings equipped: All Stat: +15, Magic Attack: +10

@that video....Weird placement for the door...

4. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: shakar96
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 105
    Job: Thunder Breaker
    usa

Nexon said it at some point as far as I can remember. In the Demon Slayer/Mercedes storyline it says 'hundreds of years' as well.

5. Default

Oh boy.
    inb4 new (c)HPT and (d)ABR.

6. Default

Those rings are so pineappleing amazing.

7. Won't Be Coming Back Male

IGN: Biades4hire
    Server: Windia
    Level: 19x
    Job: Dual Blade

Those drops are so amazing...
    Now I'm thinking there HAS to be some kind of twist to make him difficult to defeat, I mean nexon wouldn't make such an easy boss drop such insane equips would it?
    As of now, it seems like it's easier than czak.

8. Default

Maybe he'll get buffed, like what they did with Empress.

9. Default

Judging by the fact that there are no Zombie Lupins in Ellin Forest, I think Grendel is still studying black magic in El Nath with Alcaster.

10. Default

Fixed.

11. Default

Was it Magatia? Lol whoops.

12. Default

Nah. I don't think it was ever mentioned.

I put Magatia because Alcaster was the "mayor" of Magatia at one point, and Magatia's alchemy was based on the Black Magician's research.

13. Default

But Grendel even being there is based only on "if it's been 100 years".

In game, they keep saying it's been a few hundred years, and apparently they kept up with that during Demon Slayer's and Mercedes new plot lines. (Shakar96's post above)
    I think Crawls with Balrog is maybe an ancestor of Dances in Ellin forest. So there is always the chance that Grendel may not even be alive at this point.

14. Default

Wait, what? What do the security tapes have to do wi-
    Ugh. Silly Resistance code. *facepalms*

Anyway, Grendel is basicly VERY VERY old, he must have been somewhere in Ellin forest, or his representant, wich would be that guy at the right barrier stone, wouldn't he?
    The actual question is what happend between Ellin Forrest and Present. In that timeline:
    The citys on victoria were created.
    Grendel and more Fairys besides Ellin appeard.

15. Default

This makes no sense. The BlackMage is supposedly already alive in the present. He caused the Big Bang and Chaos. von Leon locked himself up and his castle and swore to come back once his master came back aswell, hence why the castle is accesible again.

I find it going back to the "Black Wings wanna revive the Black Mage" as walking backwards into the storyline and therefore dumb.

16. Default

It makes perfect sense.

Yes, the Black Mage has been unsealed in the present, but the Heroes are reawakening, the Adventurers are strong, the Cygnus Knights are reorganized, and the Alliance is being reborn.
    That's a lot of obstacles in his way.

If Akyrum were to succeed in reviving the Black Mage shortly after the fight that not only resulted in his sealing but also the casting down of Maple's five strongest champions, the Black Mage would be at such an advantage that his victory would have been practically assured.

17. Default

If they do I hope they don't make him more powerful than Cygnus. The feeling I get is that Empress Cygnus should be the end of the line boss for the moment. Plus, the way this whole Maplers Unite thing is going with him starting at 120 I believe they want all classes like the Cygnus Knights to take part in this battle so I doubt they are going to make him more powerful than Empress Cygnus.

There is the matter of an easy boss dropping insane equips, but, who knows.

I am willing to believe that Crawls with Balrog is indeed Dances with Balrog. We have no idea how aging happens in the maple world so it is fully possible for Balrog to be a couple of hundreds years old. I am pretty sure those 4th job guys are pretty old and who knows about the 3rd job guys.

18. Default

Wait, at the past of minar forest, Grendel was "Really NOT old grendel"?
    or just grendel?

And Dances with balrog at the past was Reptile with Jr.balrog?

19. Default

Man, screw the rings, DAT PENDANT
    It's 3 slot...does that mean it can be scrolled 3(5) times with those special scrolls?
    50 all stat/340def/20atk/200hp+mp/10%hp+mp/270avoid/30speed/20jump pendant, do want.