1. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Default Re: Slip's Music Database (KMS v253: Heroes of Maple, Finale)

@Slip
    JMS' "Red Thread of Fate" & GMS' "Masteria of Time" blockbuster soundtracks come from the NECORD Music label by Asteria and distributed by A&G Modes, rather than StudioEIM/Wizet/Nexon.
    Vocals are done (in both blockbuster soundtracks) by an artist called EUNTO(은토).

https://www.facebook.com/necordmusic/

Both the blockbuster soundtracks are available on Amazon, Google Play, iTunes, and on Spotify.
    They've also provided the instrumental versions of the songs with vocals, and the proper names for the songs.

2. Default Re: Slip's Music Database (KMS v253: Heroes of Maple, Finale)

Music for the Maple Detective content update.

CMST 1.15 - 4/29
    BgmPL/MD_InvadeOperation
    BgmPL/MD_AcornDetective_AR
    BgmPL/MD_AcornDetective_MR

3. Default Re: Slip's Music Database (KMS v253: Heroes of Maple, Finale)

Get ready for 5th job! Music for the Road of Vanishing, part of the new area, Arcane River.

KMST 1.2.035 - 6/26
    Bgm46/Volcanic Zone of Extinction
    Bgm46/Lake of Oblivion
    Bgm46/Cave of Rest

4. Default Re: Slip's Music Database (KMS v253: Heroes of Maple, Finale)

Event music for the MapleStory V update.

KMST 1.2.036 - 7/7
    BgmEvent2/VEvent

5. Default Re: Slip's Music Database (KMS v253: Heroes of Maple, Finale)

Could you please upload them on OneDrive, @Slip?

6. Default Re: Slip's Music Database (KMS v253: Heroes of Maple, Finale)

They're uploaded now. I was waiting for the official patch, but I don't think they'll make any more changes.

7. Default Re: Slip's Music Database (KMS v253: Heroes of Maple, Finale)

Chew Chew Island of the Arcane River.

KMST 1.2.037 - 7/22
    Bgm46/ChewChew MainTheme
    Bgm46/ChewChew WildWorld

8. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

very odd and specific request I know, but can you rip the ambient noise that plays in the laser-avoiding segment of Act 3 of Heroes of Maple?

9. Default Re: Slip's Music Database (KMS v253: Heroes of Maple, Finale)

Is this what you're looking for? Link

I haven't played through HoM myself, so I relied on a video for the ID.

10. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

knew there was something fishy about this.
    It's a diminished fifth. every fourth bump is lower than the rest. the file is longer than it should be, as it plays its repeating sections exactly three-and-a-half times before it loops, creating an eccentric rhythm. and there's weird stuff in the upper frequencies.
    idunno.

11. Default Re: Slip's Music Database (KMS v253: Heroes of Maple, Finale)

The final update for MapleStory V, Lacheln.

KMST 1.2.038 - 8/11
    Bgm46/LachelntheIllusionCity
    Bgm46/ClockTowerofNightmare
    Bgm46/WierldForestIntheGirlsdream
    Bgm46/BrokenDream

12. Default Re: Slip's Music Database (KMS v253: Heroes of Maple, Finale)

An update on the recent YouTube videos: it seems that Nexon has opted into content ID and is now taking down BGMs (or maybe they're doing it manually). Several of my videos have been blocked due to copyright (see above posts).

This was always a fear of mine, but I can at the very least rest easily knowing that I did not monetize any of the videos for profit, as I don't own any of the material.

As for the future of this project, I'm unsure how I should proceed. I would love to continue, but that would likely involve hosting the BGMs directly, and I currently do not have the resources for that. I'd be up for revamping the website that I've had for a while now (maplebgm.com) and making the collection less YouTube dependent.

Suggestions and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

13. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

I tought they taked it down due to they change the place where the music set place, basically Tower of Nightmare switched place with the Lacheln Town, so you could uptate rightly now, would nexon take off other videos of yours?
    nvm i was wrong, but i guess with a site you wouldn't have any future problem with strikes.

14. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Seems like Nexon is trying to make BGMs become a source of revenue for them (seeing as how they're now selling the music on various services). I think they might come after self-hosted BGMs (if they get wind of that) since that would technically be piracy.. in a way? They posted all the BGMs from Arcane River on their YouTube channel (and the HD versions of the animations), and I bet they would start selling them soon internationally within the next couple weeks. (They seem to sell all their BGMs in Korea and cherry pick ones to sell internationally (and given the extremely positive response to the Lächeln BGMs, I wouldn't doubt for a second they're already working on that)).

15. Default Re: Slip's Music Database (KMS v253: Heroes of Maple, Finale)

Slip's videos were removed by NECORD. This is Nexon's own brand which was launched a few months ago. As a record label, they publish original soundtracks of several of Nexon games.
    They are definitely using the special tools (Content ID) given by YouTube to search duplicate entries.

https://www.youtube.com/c/necordmusic
    Last edited by Spadow; 2016-08-19 at 12:23 PM.

16. Default Re: Slip's Music Database (KMS v253: Heroes of Maple, Finale)

Well that kind of sucks. Shouldn't fair use kick in though?

17. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

How is it "fair use"?
    It's copyrighted material. If the copyright owner doesn't want us to be able to listen to it whenever we want, that's their right. It sucks, but it's their right.

18. Default Re: Slip's Music Database (KMS v253: Heroes of Maple, Finale)

Could be wrong but I thought fair use was the ability to use something if it wasn't for profit or claiming that it was your own. I could be thinking of something else.

19. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

It is, but only if the use is necessary for something other than the basic function of the copyrighted item.
    For example, if you're doing a review of Maple music, you can play bits and pieces of it to demonstrate a point.
    But if putting the entire soundtrack up for people to listen to for free, when the copyright holder wants people to pay to listen to it, is "fair use", then "sharing" any copyrighted item becomes allowed, and copyright means nothing.

20. Default Re: Slip's Music Database (KMS v253: Heroes of Maple, Finale)

I have contacted Necord and Nexon about the copyright issue, and I'll provide an update to the situation when I get a reply. All of the content belongs to them, so I will honor their final decision regardless.