Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default [Module] Legendary Potential Rarity

In the Legend update, there was a new addition to the Potential system - a fourth rarity called "Legendary". In this module I will be covering the basics on how the Potential system works based upon our community's findings and go over what bonuses you can expect to receive from the newest rarity.

Please note: Not all of this information may be correct. If there is a piece of information that I post which I doubt, I will mark it with a "(???)". If any Southperrican can help fill in the gaps here that would be wonderful.

Basics of the Potential System:
    Although there are now four different rarities, there are actually five different pools from which each rarity can draw bonuses. There is no name given explicitly by the WZ files for these pools, therefore, for the sake of simplicity, I will name them alphabetically, so A - E. As an item proceeds through the rarity levels the bonuses it receives are stronger. Thus, a bonus received from pool A is weaker than pool B, B is weaker than C, so on and so forth.

If the pools and rarities could be shown on one chart, it would look like the following:

Code:
                         Pool A -----
                                     |-> RARE
    	       ----- Pool B -----
           EPIC <-|	
                   ----- Pool C -----
                                     |-> UNIQUE
                   ----- Pool D -----
      LEGENDARY <-|
                   ----- Pool E
    Note: What's being added to the potential system is not a level-based tier. It is a new level of rarity (rare --> epic --> unique --> legendary).

Thus, Rare items can pull from pools A & B, Epic pulls from B & C, and so on. However, this is not set in stone. It's possible, for example, for a Rare item to pull bonuses from pools C or D, but this is difficult to achieve and tends to occur more frequently on 3-line potentials.

To get from Rare all the way to Unique, you can use regular Miracle Cubes from the Cash Shop. However, to get from Unique to Legendary you must use a Master Miracle Cube which, unsurprisingly, costs more NX than a standard Miracle Cube. In KMS, the cost of a Master Miracle Cube is 1.9k NX, but its unknown how this price will reflect in the GMS/MSEA servers.

Master Miracle Cube
    Description: 장비 아이템의 잠재능력을 새롭게 설정시켜 준다는 신비한 큐브이다. 미라클 큐브보다 등급이 상향될 가능성이 더 높다. \n#c레어 등급 이상부터 레전드리 등급까지의 아이템에만 사용 가능# \n#c결과물 최고 등급: 레전드리 (This miracle cube unlocks the highest tier of power from an item - Legendary.) (???)

Also, the type of bonus received is determined upon other factors such as item level and equipment type (called "optionType" in the data).

The Pools:
    With that said, here is a listing of all five pools:

Pool A
    Pool B
    Pool C
    Pool D
    Pool E
    Last edited by Fiel; 2011-08-07 at 02:29 PM.

2. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Hmmm any ideas on what equips give the new skills? I'm guessing cape, top, and overalls...

3. Default

Status Effect Resistance.

Shoes, Hat, and Gloves in that order.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Real? So now the pollsize of pulling potential bonuses has essentially doubled!? Good luck trying to get what you need ever again lol

5. Default

Useful Combat Orders - Shoes
    Useful Advanced Bless - Hat
    Useful Wind Booster - Gloves

6. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

co: shoe
    adv bless: hat
    wind booster: glove

They each show the same "item type" as haste, door, and SE, respectively.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

is it possible to get both "Decent" skills on one item or is it a "One or the other" type of system?

8. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Hmmm, guess ill need some upgrades. Lil sad though that they using those again.

Should it be possible to get both a decent and useful skill on one equip?

Edit: ninjad :/

9. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

dont see why not... Legendary gets to pull from both pools. But who knows if they'll both work when you get em.

10. Default

If someone could tell me what optionTypes equal what equipment I can include that into this module.

11. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

shoe 55
    hat 51
    glove 54
    pants 70
    weapon 10

based off of the self skills and boss damage 30

12. Default

Okay, this is better.
    At least you can now get the useful skills and decent skills instead of having to choose.
    which would kinda suck.

13. Default

I don't understand where this is coming from. Am I missing something? It looks as it is now, but with one new pool.

Pool B in Rare is what you get on your Primary lines.
    Pool B in Epic is what you get on your Secondary lines. And it gets its Primary line from Pool C.

Or do I have this entire thing mixed up?

14. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i'm wondering (don't think it can be answered without an SS though) if nexon will make it unavailable to grab from legendary when in unique rank.

but ooh boy, feeling so happy about glitched skills now, having to choose between haste or CO, SI or SE

15. Won't Be Coming Back Male

IGN: Biades4hire
    Level: 19x
    Job: Dual Blade

The inference I'm making is that secondary lines DO NOT decide rank, only primary lines do.
    Ex. If a rare item had 3% luk on the primary line, and 9% luk 9% luk on secondary line, it would still stay rare because the primary line has been pulled from pool A.
    so, theoretically, with this new system, it's possible to get 3/12/12 on a RARE item, although it's almost impossibly rare.(no pun intended)

16. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

It's always been the case that you have a small chance of obtaining a potential line for a higher rarity, at a low success rate.
    The lines don't decide the rarity. The rarity decides the highest likelyhood of the lines.... with a very small likelyhood of higher rarity lines showing up.

17. Water
    IGN: JerrysHero
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Imperious
    Alliance: TheAlmightys
    canada

So this Master Cube..is an instant upgrade from Unique->Legendary? If it can only be used on Legendary items, then it sounds like it's an instant upgrade type of deal which seems more worthy of the higher price-tag then what I previous thought(Buy MCubes till Legendary, then re-buy MCubes to cube legendary items.). Unlike miracle cubes..where you just cube till it levels till Unique and then you try for stats.

18. Default

I think it takes you from Unique to Legendary like standard cubes take you from Epic to Unique. Gotta keep trying. The Master Cube makes no mention of a guarantee.

19. Default

No, it's not instant.

EDIT: Ninja'd