IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: DotA2

Booo, I wanted to post that first.

I was laughing so hard my cheeks hurt. This is how you punish the enemy team for feeding, by making them afraid to even leave the fountain.

2. Default Re: DotA2

Finally, 100th win! I did awful that game but my team carried me. Actually, we all did awful in both teams, it was a pretty funny game :P
    Really disliking Gem changes too, last game there were like 3 gems or more and we had no use for them...other than maybe dewarding but still...

3. Orbital Bee Cannon

Grats! You're actually catching up to me. I'm only at my ~120th win right now, ~250 games in total.

4. Default Re: DotA2

Just had a game with an Invoker that used only 2 spells the first 20-30minutes, sun strike and cold snap. Mid game he used tornado and chaos meteor. Late-late game he started using more stuff but it was pretty awful. I did one terribly awful mistake that game but at least I was more or less useful. I don't understand why people choose to play heroes they don't understand, like Meepo, Pudge or Invoker.

5. Default Re: DotA2

Atleast you missed out on tornado EMP invokers, god that was horrible. (EMP used to be able to hit targets that were in tornado, so invokers would just stall out games indefinitely by spamming tornado EMP taking away all your mana and running sonic fast(Near constant 522 movespeed with phase, drums, euls and maxed wex)
    But yea, invoker is fun to play if you learn fun combos.
    Euls scepter into sunstrike, chaos meteor and deafening blast = instant kill on nearly any hero.
    And alacrity is good on your carry.

this is what that combo is like this:
    Spoiler

I'm surprised not more invokers learn that one if they want to go for exort invoker, it's relatively easy to master and much more effective than cold-snap sunstrike invokers.

A lot of players are too hung up on learning how to use all spells right after eachother when you should just focus on combos and then invoke individual spells as you need them. I've seen a lot of invokers just invoking spells from one end to the other with no synergy, it sucks.

Also i want more dota2 parody songs.
    Spoiler
    Last edited by Malthe; 2013-06-08 at 10:54 AM.

6. Default Re: DotA2

I know the basic combos for Invoker (tornado meatball blast, cold snap forge spirits ice wall) I just can't use them reliably. I should probably just practice invoker a ton and get better at him. But I'm too lazy.

7. Default Re: DotA2

Thanks for the link, i always love watchin n0tail mapo.

ALSO AFTER TOMORROW I CAN FINALLY PLAY SOME DOTES AGAIN, pineapple YIR.

8. Default Re: DotA2

It's kinda fun to see so much Venge and Naga play. There's so much interesting stuff being picked right now.

Spoiler

I'll update that with the VoD link when it becomes available.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon

Oh my god more HP than even Lone Druid, gg no re that Meepo.

10. Default Re: DotA2

In a bot game you were able to ping on a hero so that bots in your team would start attack it, right? Did they change that? If so, why? Makes ganking and bot games kinda pointless. First 10mins are ok but after that it's just ehh...
    Solo queue is just stupid. 10-15min waits for games where people just leave once it starts or, even worse, since not many people solo queue I get games with people who are just starting, which is just frustrating, or games with people that are too good which is also kinda frustrating. I don't get why I can't get games with people around my level, it's rather hard to learn something when games are so unbalanced.
    Also, just tried Shadow Fiend in a match and he is really fun, laning with him was entertaining but mid-late game I missed almost every raze I casted. Positioning with that hero felt impossible.
    Last edited by Words; 2013-06-09 at 11:02 PM.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon

This is funnier than it deserves to be: powersliding Huskar.

12. Default Re: DotA2

Light went off during my last game and I couldn't relog until after 20 mins+ or so. I got an abandon, which I'm ok with, but I haven't got a message saying that I'm in low priority queue. Actually, I don't even think I'm in low priority right now, queued and waited 3-4mins (while writing this) so I'm probably not. Does that mean that anyone who leaves a game doesn't get in LPQ? Because that'd suck, all the trolls and dapsihdsa that leave games don't get punished for being plantains?

Also, shotgun Morphling "combo" seems rather easy, or am I missing something?. Ethereal blade+adaptive strike+ wave form and that's it? I kinda hate his ulti, I only use it as escape mechanism because I suck at micro :(

13. Default Re: DotA2

One leave doesn't throw you into LPQ, it looks at if you leave multiple games as to not punish the occasional disconnect that nobody can help.

Also i just remembered something i'll miss, ogre magi hiding:
    Spoiler

Due to limited amount of WC3 models some units shared models with jungle creeps (Ogre magi and Centaur Warchief), so you could sometimes hide if the creeps were asleep, was hilarious.

Also yeah shotgun morphling is just e-blade, a-strike into waveform. Also honestly using his ult to escape is the best way to use it, create a clone of an ally and keep it somewhere save, initiate on an enemy and jump out when things get hairy. It's how most people use it, even pros.

14. Default Re: DotA2

I wish you could Replicate manta illusions. That went bye-bye a while back. Casting and attacking during waveform being removed was huge too. :(

15. Default Re: DotA2

I have 14 abandons over the course of 600-700 games (mostly from when I was having internet issues) and I've only been in Low Priority twice.