Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: DotA2

So, i think we are way more than 5 people with a beta on SP now, would anyone be up for a five-man premade in match-making? I would give tips and help you out if someone is unsure, anybody is welcome :)

Also:

2. Default Re: DotA2

I WAS INVITED!!! IDK WHEN OR WHY, BUT I JUST GOT THE INVITE! GRAWWW

3. Default Re: DotA2

Guess who's back:

Also changelog:
    Spoiler

I'll stay away from all pick till shadow demon has lost his hype, i'd like to not face him mid in all games x_x

4. Default Re: DotA2

Which? Just list some and i'll try to help out. There is nothing to be scared of.

Some basic mechanics:

Last hitting: This one will be obvious for you, just hit the creeps when their HP is lower than your auto attack damage, DotA is tricky though because your damage is the average damage you deal, your damage range like in warcraft 3 goes from a minimum to a maximum.

Denying: Reverse last-hitting, do it on your own creeps and no enemies, you can start denying when creeps are below 50%, this can be used for different things, keeping the lane still so the enemy can be kept away from farm instead of getting close to their tower, in a lane where you're even on levels and so on, you can also use it to deny the enemy of potential gold and 50% of the exp. Certain heroes can deny creeps at max hp with their abilities.

Orbs: Orb effects normally don't stack, so lifesteal does not stack with mana burn and so on. But, for ranged heroes eye of skadhi works with life-steal.
    Unique attack modifiers(orbs) go like this in terms of priority:
    1:Conditional Modifiers - Modifiers that only occur on some attacks and are not controlled by the player, such as Maelstrom (chance-based), Mjollnir (chance-based), and Geminate Attack (cooldown-based)
    2:Ability Modifiers - Modifiers granted by Hero abilities*
    3:Standard Modifiers - Modifiers granted by items, with the first acquired taking priority

Creeps in the jungle spawn at 0:30 seconds into the game and from there on at X:00 everytime, this can be used to stack creeps so you get more creepcamps at one spot(you can search up guides for this on youtube)
    You can also pull creeps to the lane to deny your own creeps even more/let them help you get more exp and gold for your lane.

If there are more mechanics you want to know about, do just ask, i'll explain/help/whatever.

Also something fun if you hover over the shadow demon on the blog:

Spoiler

Also, this is great for new players:
    Spoiler
    Last edited by Unleashing; 2012-03-16 at 06:37 AM.

5. Default Re: DotA2

Not bad O.o... by the way, 15/0 whit a magina and 26/3!!! :D(this after lossing like 10 games because of totally feeders in my team :( )

also, you should add that in the first post, as a spoiler, so we(or at least me) don't need to come to the page 11 and look for that =P

6. Default Re: DotA2

I might write an introductionary guide to DotA on the first page eventually, but for now, no time. D:

Also:

Sooooooo goooooood

7. Default Re: DotA2

Tread boots ALWAYS in strenght, for more survivality(?)(more hp), and it's pretty good, you didnt die :D

8. Default Re: DotA2

You did alright but you have way too little last hits. As a carry like sniper you should aim for something along the lines of 4~5 creeps per minute, for decent farm.
    Also, shadow blade is a no-go on sniper, well against semi-decent enemies atleast. He's a hero all about positioning and using your long range, if you get caught you're more than likely dead regardless.
    And a good tip is to get a ring of aquilia, gives you good mana regen and decent stats for early game, it's just a perfect item for sniper IMO, and gives you armor for the laning which makes harassing less devastating.

But you did fine, a lot of assists and no deaths and you won the game :)
    But it was a stomp, so not much to judge from.

Also this game happened a while ago but i still can't help but love it:
    Spoiler

Look at those last hits, i kept us in the game from 30 minutes and ahead, think i bought back 5 times, kept dying when i sacced myself to get raxes or when i had to def 1v3 and i still killed 2 of them.
    I had those items by 40 mins and since then i used all gold for buy-back and for buying my BoT eventually. And i think that was my second or third BKB.

Also, your treads don't have to be strength. It depends on what you're doing, if a fight breaks out and i know i can stand in a safe distance, i'll use agi treads, am i trying to use headshot but oom? change to int treads and hope for the best. Am i pushing? Agi treads it is. But besides that, yea str treads are great.

9. Default Re: DotA2

o.O....(so much knowledge and explanations...... omg D:, everyobdy praise the lord of dota!) .... potato.....

10. Default Re: DotA2

I'll take that into account, thanks.

and about the 5v5 group match, I'm up for it.

11. Default Re: DotA2

Is there like, a good site for DotA 2 guides? Or do DotA 1 guides work for DotA 2? Kind of want to see what other people get on Kardel.

12. Default Re: DotA2

Most guide sites are fairly bad, but if i am online you can ask me.
    In DotA the items you get are 100% depending on your own team and the enemies, but a standard item build for sniper that works pretty well:

Treads obviously, ring of aquila, Yasha into a Helm of the dominator(remember to use the active on creeps with good buffs(and use them to stack with if you feel like it)) now upgrade your yasha into a manta style and work on getting a daedalus(buriza) or a mkb if your enemies have some sort of dodge OR you're pushing into their base (up hill miss removed) by then you should have won if not, go for items such as butterfly, satanic, skadhi as your very last item if you have farm for that, but you probably wont.

Spoiler

Situnational items: linkens sphere, BKB, shadow blade, maelstrom/mjolnirr, diffusal, Desolator.

Hope that helps. But it really does depend on your enemies and allies.

Guide sites do exist though:

www.playdota.com (this is for DotA1 mainly, but, i guess some of it works)
    http://www.dotafire.com/ (i hate this site, it's pomegranate)

Also, Manta is core on sniper. 100% the best item there is for him.

Spoiler

This game still haunts me, this team was so bad... ._.

13. Default Re: DotA2

For me, playdota is the best place, at the end, guides for dota 1 works the same for dota 2, same map, same heroes, same version... look for the guide whit more points....

By the way, still looking for another beta ket for my friend, i used to play dota all the day whit him... (now dota2!!!! take my social life F5.... wait, i dont have one O.o)

14. Default Re: DotA2

If anybody wants, i will have a special offer:

If you want a guide/tips/tricks/whatever for a certain hero, just ask. I will write a lot of good things to know and what items synergizes with the hero, etc.

I will also write an introductionary guide to DotA2 for newcomers and add it to the first post eventually.

15. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: DotA2

Mind like, explaining, the very basic stuff? How do I buy stuff? What is this mule I keep on seeing?

16. Default Re: DotA2

Sure, that'll be a part of my guide.
    And by how do you buy stuff i'm assuming you mean stuff like from side-shops and from secret shops, because if not, then you just gotta you know, click on what you want to buy. Or maybe recipes are confusing you?

Regardless to give you a quick explanation:

The mule is the courier. It is a little creature that can evolve into a flying courier.
    A courier is bought early in the game commonly by a support or roamer and gives the team a little 'pet' that will carry items to you, meaning you wont need to go back to the fountain just because you can finally afford your brand new item, if the courier is killed it will go away for 3 minutes and give all enemies 150 gold each. Items on the courier remain till it respawns so they are not lost.
    A flying courier simply bypasses terrain and got a skill that will allow it to reach max move-speed for a while.

Buying stuff is done by just clicking on them.
    Items of different tiers require more sub-items and in some cases recipes.
    Items can be kept in your storage if you don't have room for them or if you need to keep them there till you got all the parts for a big item. It is very common to buy the items in small parts due to no risk of dying and losing gold you just got for that item you really wanted. Some items can only be gotten at the secret shop and thus require you or the courier to go there.

17. Default Re: DotA2

Yes.