Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Haven't they had free level up events before?
    I remember something about that with Spadow.
    Still a load of pineapple. I bet if GMS did it everyone would level down, or get the req amount for 199-200.

2. Default

The best realistic option would be that few people would get it.

3. Default

Yea there was one during KMS Chaos, but i think it was just for New Years.

4. Default

Watch when this comes to GMS and people using Ring of Ishtar get autobanned/disconnected for attacking too fast.

5. Default

Fixed for you.

I suppose they were partially afraid that Hackers would find a way to exploit the capsules and lvl up infinitely or something, but if they were willing to put a bit more of effort by watching the game more, that wouldn't be an issue. Given, they also thought it was not a good idea, business-wise, to give out the capsules, as they did with SP reset scrolls and many other items KMS has given for free.

6. Default

These changes don't affect DPS at all, only the Gust Drive delay reduction actually helps. They're just stylistic changes to match the dual bowgun theme. I don't think there is anything that actually procs per hit except Criticals. Instant Death might, but it could just as well be rolling per attack and randomly use a hit to deal the instant death.

I agree that this class is overpowered, though everyone seems to underestimate the strength of a Cannon Shooter.

7. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Please elaborate. <3

8. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Ring of Ishtar has a pretty animation and all, but it doesn't seem to go well with the arrows that it shoots out. I think they should have the two rows of arrows osculate like the Wild Hunter arrows do with Vulcan so that they match the RoI animation a little better.

9. Default

I actually think the skill doesn't match their gameplay. For a class that is built on mobility, having to hold down a key and stand still seems off. Many people will disagree with me but I think Ring of Ishtar would be better as a charge up skill, like piercing, which you could keep charging while using their FJ version and the fast climbing skill.

10. Default

I don't think Nexon could handle not giving an Archer a Hurricane-esque skill...

11. Default

Corsair does 2723.1%/s base damage with Battleship Cannon. Scaled to Fast (3), this goes to 3371.4%/s
    Cannon Shooter does 2501.6%/s base damage with Cannon Buster. Scaled to Fast (5), this goes to 2663.0%/s

Corsairs are faster. Corsair has Pirate's Revenge.

Cannon Shooter has ignore defense. Cannon Shooter casts its summons faster (doesn't need to dismount, and Monkeys last 60s, Magnetic Anchor just does a lot of damage). Cannon Shooter inherently has more weapon attack. Cannon Shooter has Stance. Cannon Shooter has Double Dice. Cannon Shooter has Hyper Monkey Spell. Cannon Shooter has Cannon Counter.

On 60%+ PDR bosses, Cannon Shooters do more single target DPS.

I'm not sure if the Cannon Shooter's weapon multiplier is equal or higher than Corsair, but I'm fairly confident it is not lower. Either way, Cannon Shooters have inherently more weapon attack, 30 more from passives, and just more from their weapon that accounts for more than the difference of Gun + Bullets. Double Dice isn't a very significant factor, but it's obviously better than single dice. I actually have no idea how much time it takes to demount, cast Octopus, and remount, but it's not slow enough to reduce DPS unless you lag with over 5000 ms ping because Octopus does a pomegranateton of damage. Cannon Shooters just have it a lot easier being able to summon Anchor and Monkey whenever they're off cooldown. Hyper Monkey Spell is a party buff, but Cannon Shooters have it, not Corsairs. They're easily more flexible in being stronger that way by capping lower dex, and being more necessary for parties. Cannon Counter I have no idea if it's like Vengeance or more like Final Attack. Hopefully, the latter otherwise, it would not be a skill that should be invested in.

12. GLADIGATORS
    usa

CANNONEER MOTIVATION HOOOOOO

Thanks. :D Cannon counter afaik is like guardian except a lot less useful. You ignore 35% of all kinds of damage from a mob and return damage, which can easily f'uck you over if a boss has damage reflect on.

13. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Well luckily, all the bosses I've seen that use Damage Reflect don't move or attack when they have Damage Reflect up.

14. Default

von Leon does.

15. GLADIGATORS
    usa

No way. Empress, pb, even lilly still do stuff when they're DR'd.

16. Default

Sairs don't need to demount to cast Octopus or Gaviota.

Sairs also have Bullseye in addition to Pirate's Revenge. Not sure if you included that in your calculations since I didn't see it mentioned.

I agree that Cannon Shooters are more practical than Corsairs are currently, but Corsairs will most likely be buffed in the near future.

17. Default

Just forgot to mention Bullseye. I was under the impression Octopus couldn't be cast on Battleship since it wouldn't work for me on Tespia and someone else had complained about it. My bad.

18. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

wouldn't doubling the arrow count of Ring of Ishtar mean more FA activations(both were halved in damage and hit twice as much) D=