Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default RE: Boss Damage stacking.

Behold, Southperry. I'm here to help you bust your myths, opinions, and facts or something. Basically this is my attempt at seeing if boss damage truly stacks. I will, however, be needing some assistance on the math, just to see if I'm getting the formulas right.
    Damage Formula

Mathematics

Damage testing gets too tedious, especially with the 1 minute cooldown of Sudden Raid.

Conclusion

Basically speaking, I couldn't test this anymore. Honestly I can't, the one minute cooldown is the biggest pain in the ass known to man. So I couldn't find out if 60% boss damage stacked with 8% total damage, although I'm assuming it does.

tl;dr
    Boss damage stacks, and here's mathematical proof and pictures to go with it. Have fun.
    Last edited by Locked; 2011-06-17 at 02:49 AM.

2. Default

Does Sudden Raid work with Mirror Image? I don't remember, but I'm leaning towards no.
    Does Tornado Spin use your damage range? I recall testing it myself but I can't recall what the results were.
    Does the boss damage potential from a dagger affect katara damage and vice versa?

Anyways. I believe you should be able to test with Mirror Image on an attack. Normally, Mirror Image will do 70% of the damage a skill inflicts. With the +8% total damage potential, this is increased to 75.6%. With 30% Boss Damage this should be increased to 98.28% if it stacks with +8% total damage. If not, it would be 91%. If 30% Boss Damage stacks (additively), with total damage it would be 120.96%. Without total damage, it would be 112%.

Otherwise, your math appears to be correct, but if the above works, you can double check easily. Otherwise, I'm horribly mistaken about Mirror Image and Boss Damage.

3. Default

No.

28188*250%*.75*1.6*1.08 = 91329
    40269*250%*.75*1.6*1.08 = 130471

45797/126271 = 36.2%
    126271*.7 = 88389
    I don't think so.

Not sure what you're asking but I have 30% boss on my dagger and on my blade.

Oh. Not sure. I wonder if this is the case.

I'll try this out later.

4. Default

That screen shot hurts my brain. I pineappleing hate Dual Blades. Can't wait for Chaos.

5. Default

Okay so after some more testing. I have found the number I was looking for. I am pineappleing done.

This is higher than the max damage of 60% boss damage normally.
    Assuming 60% boss damage(additive), ignoring 8% total damage

Thus fits the model of the boss damage and total damage being factored in.

Assuming 60% boss damage, whilst multiplying by 8% total damage

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

wouldn't it be easier to give a spear to a DK and tell him to sacrifice at something?

katara's REALLY confuse me >.<

7. Default

Now get a claw with 60%! And SP would show stacking right away.

8. Default

Mirror Image doesn't work like SP in that respect. My mirror image does like, 56% of the damage of the skills that are buffed by Final Cut's passive 1.25x boost. It does 70% of the damage you would do if you were unbuffed.

I also do 9k mirrored katara hits whose corresponding hits are 169k in PyPQ wth the +400% damage buff.

9. Default

I won't believe it til someone tests it with one single weapon that has two 30% boss lines on it.

10. Default

Um, My friend's shadower uses a dagger with 20% boss and 30% boss on it.

If he were to use Shadow Partner + savage blow and the Boss % stacked, all the hits would be around the same damage correct? Due to the SP glitch?

Cause that's the case when I went dojo with him.

11. Default

I need damage range, skill used, ignore PDR and damage shown.

I know for a fact Assassinate does the same damage with SP if it's only a 2 second charge.

12. Default

Savage blow
    26337~37624
    Dagger is 30% boss, 20% boss and 15% PDR

Didn't have the chance to see many samples but all the non crit blows ranged around 36K and all the crit ones 47-50K including the SP hits.

I know assassinate is weird. But a regular dagger with 30% boss only the SP hits are usually about 80% of the range and not 100% right?

I keep missing my friend in game to get more data, but Ill try too soon.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Wouldn't it be easier to check with normal attack, no buffs, no skills, not counting crits?

14. Default

Sort of.

24706/38010 = 65%.
    50 * 1.3 = 65%.

If the top number divided by the bottom number is more than 65%, or in his case it's 75% of the damage then it stacks.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

No, I meant pure normal attack, not relying on shadow partner's quirks.

Normal unbuffed attack using 30+20% boss-damage weapon should be doing 112.5% on Kacchuu Musha (PDR=25, adjust if class has a passive ignore-def skill), if the boss damage stacks. Just one hit lower than (1.125 * min_damage_range) would prove they don't stack. Conversely, one hit higher than (0.975 * max_damage_range) proves they do stack, since 30% boss damage alone can't do it.

Can also do it at Dojo, but different bosses have different PDR there, making it a bit harder to keep track. Another convenient place to test is Krexel, also 25 PDR, but I think it does def-up occasionally?

16. Default

Shadow partner is much, much easier.

Too complex. See above.

No.
    All monsters in dojo have a PDR of 25.

17. Default

Sorry for posting while the discussion seems to be over, but what's the second part of the calculation? Doesn't Mirror Image still work like it used to Pre-BB? 70% of your range, not the skill damage?

18. Default

This got changed a long time ago. It's 70% of your skill damage.

19. Default

Sorry, I've had conflicting schedules with my friend. Finally got him to dojo for me with SP, and the top # was constantly 75% of the bottom. SP makes this tons easier.

Now the question is. Is it only client sided, and maybe the bosses are actually taking only 30/20%. I would assume not, since he swears his HT times are much faster now since he cubed it to 50%.

Second question is if the order of potential (20 on top or bot) matters. And the 3rd I guess is if this applies to everything and not just daggers.

And the last question would be if total % dmg stacks now as well, should be easier to test since there's quite a few gears out there with multiple lines of those I think.

His SS of the dmg, and the dagger used from a while back.

20. Default

Yeaup.
    34119/45493 = 0.74998351394720066823467346624755
    Client sided would mean only he would see it.. Since you're seeing it.. well... That's server sided.
    Nope and Yep.

I don't know. However I do know that total % damage stacks with boss % damage.