Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
  1. Default Re: Personality System Data Collection [WiP]

Oh so it returned 162 instead of rounding up to 163, due to 162 being even. Well there's the problem lol.

edit: from your link, in case it wasn't clear what I was referring to.

2. Default Re: Personality System Data Collection [WiP]

Well darn, I missed that detail. Thanks. I guess I should have read the docs more closely. That sort of rounding behavior isn't intuitive at all, but there's no excuse for me to have missed that.

Substituted round for roundNearest where roundNearest is
    Code:
    roundNearest x =
      let (whole, frac) = properFraction x in
      if frac >= 0.5 then whole + 1 else whole
    (Aware that this doesn't work for negative numbers.)

All is fine now.

3. Default Re: Personality System Data Collection [WiP]

And for something simpler, there's also Trunc(x+.5) or Floor(x+.5) for Round(x).

4. Default Re: Personality System Data Collection [WiP]

Not quite necro-ing an old thread, but would like to give an interesting option to levelling traits.

Azwan coins can be used to farm Ambition, Willpower and Charm. This is because, for a cost of 50 Emperor's coins, the Duke Ring gives 90 of each on equip, and if you're an alchemist you can fuse them to get a new ring that gives those trait bonuses again. I currently probably have enough coins to get 64 Duke Rings, which implies that I can fuse them to get another 32 Duke Rings, and fused again to get 16... for a grand total of 2^7 - 1 = 127 Duke Rings, or 127 * 90 = 11430 trait points (540 a day without wastage). With a little fame, and over several days, you can get to level 30 charm quickly for the pocket slot quest.

Only question is, is the coin bonus thing for Azwan still on?

Hadriel
    Last edited by hadriel; 2013-07-02 at 11:51 AM.

5. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Default Re: Personality System Data Collection [WiP]

Yes it is.

6. Default Re: Personality System Data Collection [WiP]

Can't you just do 2X - 1 instead of using exponents? First ring = get traits 1 time, every ring after = get traits twice (once from equipping once from fusing).

7. Default Re: Personality System Data Collection [WiP]

Just that I started with 64 rings because I did have that many coins, so it was a nice number to check exponentials. But yea yours is more general and correct too. I was thinking of it as a tree diagram I guess.

Hadriel

8. Default Re: Personality System Data Collection [WiP]

So. Anyone knows what stats you get on the new patch? Numbers for empathy and insight, basically.